Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,841 to 59,860 of 70,001

BruceCM

Heh, that's OK, @NintendoByNature .... What have you actually been playing recently, then? Still Diamond & Pearl?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

CactusMan wrote:

Those most played games by Nintendo don´t match reality and I´ve got evidence.
Untitled

Your evidence isn't worth ****. December 2021 data isn't included in the figures 😜

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

779 games, 737 hours, because most games I boot to title screen and don't get beyond that.

Skyforge - 116 hours
Heroes of Hammerwatch - 53 hours
Ys IX - 43 hours

I'd probably have a couple hundred more hours on my Switch if I hadn't fallen back into Warframe on PS4 a few months ago.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I've moved onto XC2! I never beat cynthia in shining pearl, so I'll level up here and there and grow my pokedex before heading back to beat her

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Buizel wrote:

@JaxonH I take it that you like Monster Hunter?

It's aiight I guess 😉

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Saint's Row is incredible.

After playing the GTA Trilogy and really getting into it again after all these years, I fired up GTA4 on Steam, but I still craved my hybrid play, so I fired up Saint's Row The Third and wow... this game is GTA in all but name. And honestly I think I like it more.

I'd played both Saint's Row The Third and Saint's Row 4 back when they released, but never spent too much time with them. Coming back after GTA makes me appreciate them in a new light. The gameplay is identical- this is PRECISELY Grand Theft Auto. But with PS3 era graphics, scope and QoL versus PS2 era, better humor, better characters, better aiming (with gyro, of course), better driving mechanics, better everything.

It's just GTA, but better in every conceivable way. I do remember Saint's Row The Third had frame rate issues at launch, but they patched in dynamic resolution which ironed out those stutters. And Saint's Row 4 looks even better (though personally I'm playing SR3 right now as concensus is its the best one, though I think SR4 is still up there from what I played).

So. Surprise holiday recommendation- SKIP GTA, PLAY SAINT'S ROW INSTEAD.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

So I've just about finished Brilliant Diamond's postgame content minus catching Cresselia and doing the Elite Four rematches (which seem to be very difficult believe it or not). Don't really have much interest in completing the National Dex or doing the Battle Tower honestly.

Don't really know what I want to play next. There's a little over a month until Legends Arceus releases so I've got some time for my backlog. Can't decide between playing a few different shorter titles, or one to two bigger titles.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

dmcc0

@JaxonH I never really got into GTA or Saints Row for whatever reason, but I always remember the mission in one of the PS3 Saints Row games where you had to devalue the property in a neighbourhood by driving round spraying crap over the houses 😂 I don't even remember how I came to play it - I don't recall ever buying it. Maybe a demo or PS+ game or something.

dmcc0

Magician

Fired up my copy of Dragonball Z Kakarot for the first time, played for about an hour, and was bored to tears. I imagine this game would be cool for a person who had zero experience with the DBZ story, as it's basically "slice of life" Dragonball-The-Game, episode-to-episode copy-paste of the story. But I would recommend Xenoverse 2 over Kakarot to a tried and true DBZ fan. Not a bad game per se, just the least interesting gameplay wise of all the Dragonball games on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

Saint's Row is incredible.

After playing the GTA Trilogy and really getting into it again after all these years, I fired up GTA4 on Steam, but I still craved my hybrid play, so I fired up Saint's Row The Third and wow... this game is GTA in all but name. And honestly I think I like it more.

I'd played both Saint's Row The Third and Saint's Row 4 back when they released, but never spent too much time with them. Coming back after GTA makes me appreciate them in a new light. The gameplay is identical- this is PRECISELY Grand Theft Auto. But with PS3 era graphics, scope and QoL versus PS2 era, better humor, better characters, better aiming (with gyro, of course), better driving mechanics, better everything.

It's just GTA, but better in every conceivable way. I do remember Saint's Row The Third had frame rate issues at launch, but they patched in dynamic resolution which ironed out those stutters. And Saint's Row 4 looks even better (though personally I'm playing SR3 right now as concensus is its the best one, though I think SR4 is still up there from what I played).

So. Surprise holiday recommendation- SKIP GTA, PLAY SAINT'S ROW INSTEAD.

I remember playing I think the second one on 360 and man, just got so many hours in causing mayhem while the classical music station played. I have no idea if I ever actually finished the campaign, or if it was just pure dicking around. And that was before the series really laid into the crazy.

I don’t remember much about the fourth one, but I remember really enjoying the third one. It is just so bonkers and fun literally right out of the gate, there is almost no filler in that game, just insane escalation mission after another. Especially when you have the DLC and you’re fighting aliens, punching directors and fighting monsters and stuff in between gang wars.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

Was Ni No Kuni patched for the Switch? It is a tenner in the Europe Festive Sale and thinking of picking it up, but I remember when it was released there were talks of performance issues and a bug that could cause the game to force close and cause you to lose progress. Were they patched out in the end? Or should I look to a different platform?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
It never had performance issues. It just had issues crashing on occasion. I know they patched it, but I'm not sure if it's 100% fixed. All I know is, it was playable before, and it's been improved upon since. I haven't encountered a single issue with the game in the 2-3 hrs I've played it.

Looks incredible in handheld, full native 720p.

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i choose Ni no Kuni PS3 version instead of Switch / PS4 version since i want to build my PS3 games library.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Wulff Den just put up a video having now left his Switch OLED on for 1,800 hours on max brightness on the same image, trying to see if he could get it to burn in.

I think this is great. We need more of this. Actual real world tests which provide data we can use to help modify our beliefs with, regardless of whichever way it turns out.

Anyone interested in the results of his test can watch here

Spoiler: No burn in detected

Also, Gyro in Resident Evil is amazing. I'm playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 this very moment, and its perfect. Never had the cursor drift inches away, nor have I had that happen in any other game where gyro is used to fine tune aim. It's flawless. Only when you use gyro to imitate a pointer control does that become an issue. But judging by the last post it seems that's what was being attempted. If you're experiencing massive drift with gyro, you're relying on it too heavily. There should never be any need to "move the cursor back to where it was". You simply move it to aim a headshot, then release. Most ppl are using to dial in aim. And when utilized properly, it's muah! Oh so amazing. Benchmark of how aiming should be in every game.

No vid capture so I took a quick video of the gyro in RE Revelations 2. It works exactly as you'd expect for fine tuning aim, which is gyro's strong suit.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Speaking of Saints Row, the 4th game is on sale for $2.79 on the US eShop right now!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers

What?!!!

Saint's Row 4 for less than $3 on the eShop?!! Dude... that's an absolute must-buy this very instant.

JokerCK

Wait whaaat. Definitely not to be missed at this price.

JokerCK

BruceCM

It's the same here in the UK.... Well, £2.44

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic