Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,821 to 59,840 of 60,286

Snatcher

@JaxonH Well I played the demo they had, and played up to level 13 at a buds house, but no, I thought 3 was gonna come out soon so I waited, turns out I was right.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

JaxonH

Oh! Be still my beating heart. The cute little monkeys are adorable!

PSA ALERT

SanDisk 1 TB micro SD for $109 and change from Western Digital directly.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/memory-cards/sandisk...

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: METROID DREAD (10/10 muah!)
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH surprisingly just ordered a SanDisk 512gb from Amazon for $67. Seemed like a good deal.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
They had a Deal of the Day today on Amazon for the 1TB and 512GB. But it expired before I posted. Luckily WD was still honoring the price on the 1TB.

If 512GB will last, that’s a killer deal. If you think it won’t last, though, you can always cancel the order (or return if already shipped) and go for the full terabyte.

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH neither are bad deals. I think this will last me a good while until 2 years down the line and I'll grab a 1tb or another 512gb

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Darksiders III Switch Gameplay

Looks like those screenshots were legit! This looks incredible!

But no, reviews mention framerate issues once you get a few hours in... ugh. It looks so good here.

I'll have to play for myself and find out. My brother loves this game most out of all Darksiders games. I've played a bit but, we'll see.

Darksiders III Switch Lite Handheld Gameplay

Darksiders III Framerate Test honestly doesn't seem bad though. But supposedly it gets worse deeper in the game? Still, if it's like this most of the game, I'm good with that.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m so on the fence about darksiders. I want it on switch but the supposed framerate issues are concerning. I already own it on xbone but can’t play it, so it would be unfortunate if the game is unplayable switch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

DragonBall Z Kakarot is a really high quality Switch port. I’m actually kind of shocked. It’s not super low res in handheld, it insists on running smoothly no matter what…

I never watch anime and I have no idea what the appeal of the Dragon Ball anime is. But I figure this game is a good way to find out and experience the story for myself, in an RPG format that is more appealing to me than watching a show.

Stamp of Approval - Recommended

@GrumbleVolcano
I gave in and bought Hot Wheels. The reviews have been very good and the gameplay looks really fun. Track editor is amazing. Went for the full double pass. Gotta have all the cars and content.

But ya, I had said I wasn’t sold. But today Skill Up’s video sold me.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Just hold off and wait for more feedback if you're afraid of the risk.

Right now I feel like it's 50/50. One dude in a review slammed the game like it's a broken mess, but that may not be the consensus reaction. Maybe it's just got a few chokepoints here and there but the majority of the time it's like what we see here. Sometimes ppl get frustrated and can't see things clearly (happened to me with MH Stories 2 on Switch after framerate issues in a specific area, but it turns out it was just a minor blip in the grand scheme of the game).

Or, maybe it's truly a lost cause. Who knows. But give it some time, let some ppl play it, and then check some gameplay of the later areas once videos drop.

I'd report back but I doubt I'll progress far enough to test the areas in question in a timely manner.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Yaaay...!! 😀
More My Universe games during late October and November 2021.
My Universe Baby got New edition. 😀
"My Baby first edition on Switch stopped when your baby was 24 months old. Now you can keep raising your baby up to 3 years old!"

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Player_One
Nope.
They are casual games published by Microids.
They are kind of Imagine / Petz series by Ubisoft but My Universe is by Microids.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Player_One
Well, i'm glad there are kind of casual games like Imagine / Petz series by different developer and publisher on modern consoles (PS4 & Switch) since i have interest with those games.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

skywake

Pizzamorg wrote:

I am still not sold on the OLED Switch. There are some crazy images circulating but I am pretty much 99.9% sure that under natural use, the OLED isn't going to look that different to the existing Switch. I know it is only a small price bump in the scheme of things, but it doesn't do enough for me to justify buying a whole new Switch. However, if there is another Switch refresh at the end of next year, which makes some substantial improvements under the hood, while using that OLED screen, I will probably bite.

It's OLED so the images being shown are an accurate representation of the gap between them. It is a pretty substantial upgrade and definitely worth it if you're jumping on board now or are a heavy Switch user. The screen alone makes it a far more worthwhile than the New 3DS was, even with the spec jump the New 3DS offered

But I'm definitely with you on the other bit. I'm not jumping on this, one way or another there'll be a spec jump in the medium term. I didn't get the New 3DS because by the time it seemed like a sensible option Nintendo was talking NX. I'm skipping Switch OLED for the same reason

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Pizzamorg

skywake wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

I am still not sold on the OLED Switch. There are some crazy images circulating but I am pretty much 99.9% sure that under natural use, the OLED isn't going to look that different to the existing Switch. I know it is only a small price bump in the scheme of things, but it doesn't do enough for me to justify buying a whole new Switch. However, if there is another Switch refresh at the end of next year, which makes some substantial improvements under the hood, while using that OLED screen, I will probably bite.

It's OLED so the images being shown are an accurate representation of the gap between them. It is a pretty substantial upgrade and definitely worth it if you're jumping on board now or are a heavy Switch user. The screen alone makes it a far more worthwhile than the New 3DS was, even with the spec jump the New 3DS offered

But I'm definitely with you on the other bit. I'm not jumping on this, one way or another there'll be a spec jump in the medium term. I didn't get the New 3DS because by the time it seemed like a sensible option Nintendo was talking NX. I'm skipping Switch OLED for the same reason

I mean you say that, but the amount of images that show the original Switch being this like grey, washed out, mess while the OLED is this bright, super crisp/sharp screen. Maybe the OLED is that good, but I dunno what they have done to their OG Switch cause I can assure you, mine does not look like that. Like I am the first to talk about Switch limitations, but if you are Switch screen is grey and completely devoid of details, get that ***** repaired.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: I am Setsuna, Splatoon 2, Cruis'n Blast.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Far Cry 6, Life is Strange: True Colors.

BruceCM

I was never 'sold' on the OLED Switch, if only because I have a Lite now, @Pizzamorg .... Before it was announced & people were saying it'd be a significant upgrade in other ways to go with the screen, I was more hoping it wouldn't be, lol I don't understand why they didn't do this for the Lite 1st, since it'd benefit more from it. However, I still wouldn't buy that straight away, I'd wait for good deals & to see what else was coming up

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

Don't forget about the MH Rise Sunbreak stream in 10 minutes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

It's definitely a substantial upgrade.

The whole reason ppl want better resolution in games is because it improves the image you view. But there's more than one way to skin a cat, and OLED also provides a notable improvement to the image being viewed.

I'm definitely getting one. Not just for the larger OLED screen but also for the kickstand, speakers and slight increase in storage (I'm capped out at 1 TB, so even 32 GB extra can buy me an extra handful of games not archived). For those who never bought the v2 Switch, it also offers nearly double the battery life, which imo is a massive upgrade for anyone who plays portably. Combined with everything else, it's a very compelling upgrade for v1 Switch owners.

But as with anything, it won't be for everyone and there's nothing wrong with sticking with your current Switch. You don't have to have the latest, bleeding edge release of everything. Otherwise you're buying new systems every 2 yrs, and that can get expensive. A new Switch will be out in 2023-2024. For those who want to wait it out, that's fine too.

But for those who do get the OLED, I don't think it's going to disappoint.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic