Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,561 to 59,580 of 60,254

dmcc0

Only burn-in I've experienced on an OLED device was my wife's Pixel 3XL phone. It was only a couple of years old at the time but did get some heavy use - she's never off social media! It was mainly the battery indicator etc along the top of the screen that was the issue so can't see it being a problem on a gaming device unless someone is playing the same game constantly.

dmcc0

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I do, but I haven't played much. It seemed fine to me though, as far as Switch ports go. Nothing jumped out as a red flag. I read the framerate can bounce a bit when riding around in the world? Think that was the worst that could be said for performance.

PLAYING
NS: METROID DREAD (10/10 muah!)
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Magician

So I bought a copy of The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk because it was on deep discount, fifty percent off. Ugh, woof, regrets. The game performance chugs. And the difficulty (even on easy) is kind of rough. Never mind the fact that the potty mouth toilet humor script just...doesn't work well here.

There are simply too many better tactical rpgs on Switch to consider wasting time with this one.

Switch Physical Collection - 802 games (as of October 2nd, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Budda

Snatcher wrote:

@Ralizah I wish it could sound louder tho.

Have you switched "Lower Max Headphone Volume" to Off in the System Settings?
Don't know if this setting is obvious, but it took me ages to figure that out and was wondering why hearing over headphones is so quiet. :')

Budda

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH hmm thank you for the response. Well I have until November to decide so I will see if I can find some more YouTube reviews first.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Who was asking about tempered glass screen protectors for the Switch OLED the other day?

amFilm has Switch OLED tempered glass up for order now with 3 per pack.

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Protector-Compatible-N...

These iVoler tempered glass protectors come 4 in a pack, but also comes with an alignment frame to make it easier to install lined up correctly. I’ve never used a tool like that before. I’ve always made hinges with tape. But I think I’m gonna give it a try, actually.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B4MJ9H3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_...

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

harrygamerstar

Can you use bluetooth headphones for the Switch in docked mode?

harrygamerstar

Snatcher

@Budda Eeeeeeeer, No LOL, I didn't even know that was a thing, thanks i'll try that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

gcunit

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

No Direct announcement and Xbox Live is down but Cruis'n Blast saves the day. I've been going through the tour mode and it's been very fun so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Why were you expecting a Direct announcement? (Seriously confused here)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama Patterns from previous years suggested there'd be one last week or this week. Even last year when there wasn't a general Direct all year, there was the SMB 35th anniversary Direct on September 3rd and a Partner Showcase on September 17th.

It's not a problem, there's more than enough games to be playing and looking forward to but just a bit disappointing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

I'd say I'm disappointed that we're coming up on 3 years of NSO with no new added systems. Then again, I'd rather them make a new vc type system for anything new that's announced.

NintendoByNature

HotGoomba

I would love a collection of every Virtual Boy game ever on Nintendo Switch

Edited on by HotGoomba

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Why were you expecting a Direct announcement? (Seriously confused here)

Well, peoples like to know what upcoming games that will be released very soon or next year.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HotGoomba

@FragRed Even Waterworld.

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Untitled

@FragRed
Who doesn't like Waterworld?

Untitled

Untitled

@Grumblevolcano
Cruis'n Blast is so fun I stayed up playing til midnight last night and even called in sick today. I haven't had this kind of feeling from an arcade racing game since I was a teenager back on the N64. It doesn't even feel like a racing game. At least, not like any other racing game from the past 20 years. It's a gem. An absolute gem.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH is that dennis hopper? And he said Mario Bros was his walk of shame? Hahahahahahahaha!

I leave the speculation to the fans. I just thought I missed a press release. I’m in the “if Nintendo didn’t say it then pics or it didn’t happen” camp. I hate leak culture because we could be talking about what is actually out or upcoming but people only care about fantasy systems and derailing anything that might be positive for gay people on this site.

Welp my copy of crusin will be in tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@JaxonH Regarding the 3ds xl, the main advantage to it IMO was the much larger size. My hands can't hold a regulars DS or 3ds any longer without cramping.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic