Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,941 to 58,960 of 70,001

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I expect that will be the next revision if the OLED sells well enough. I don’t have a lite so I wonder if the screen size would be increased (so that both systems use the same screen to cut costs).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

@Player_One
I found rare PS3 games 7 (G-Force with only one seller displayed the game, The Adventures of Tintin with 3 different sellers displayed their games) from my local online shopping website which i can get way cheaper if compared purchased from Ebay. If i can get the games from local game shop, i will go for it.

Also, my PS3 games collection are all Kids and E10+ games only, with only 3 games rated Teen from my collection (FF XIII, The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Pets)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh of course. Probably just like the OLED Switch- smaller bezels, larger screen, but same size overall (the OLED Switch only had to increase by a few mm due to hinges- Switch Lite OLED wouldn't have that problem).

Which would make it the perfect dedicated handheld device.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Better get used to LCD screens again, because, as I recall, the Steam Deck doesn't have an OLED screen option.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Player_One

@Anti-Matter lol. You do make me laugh. These are not rare games. These games are cheaper than a cup of coffee here in the uk. These are classified here as shovelware. Anyway good luck. Ps3 is a fun system to collect for.

Player_One

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh I know it.

When it was announced I was like eh, it's fine. Wish it were OLED but, it's no biggie.

Now?

It's a massive hype killer. Seriously. I just can't stand playing on LCD screens anymore. Once you acclimate with an OLED TV and OLED Switch, going back to dull grey LCD "blacks" (it's a disgrace to the word to even call it "black" because LCD can produce no such thing) feels like going back to an old CRT TV with a turn knob dial. Idk how else to explain it, but suffice it to say it feels inadequate and unfulfilling.

That said, I am trusting Valve will at least use a high quality LCD to at least minimize the shock value of going back to LCD. It'll never achieve perfect black, but some LCD screens do get darker than others. If it's the same as the Switch LCD screen we're screwed. If it's at least higher quality, maybe that can mitigate the issue somewhat.

And, maybe if SteamDeck does reasonably well, they'll release an OLED model revision a year or two down the line.

I'm also puzzled why they didn't include VRR. It seems like such an obvious feature you'd want in a handheld playing AAA games, as it would eliminate perceived framerate issues down to 20fps. But... maybe they could add that along with OLED in a revision.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Player_One
I called them rare games here in Indonesia, whether they are shovelwares or not.
It's a lucky day if you can find those games in Indonesia with really cheap price even just only one copy.
Last year i got Ratchet & Clank Trilogy PS3 Asia version CIB (cover same as PAL version) from my local game shop website with price 300,000 IDR or US$ 21.22
You cannot get that price ($20) for Ratchet & Clank Trilogy PS3 on Ebay.

Anti-Matter

Player_One

@Anti-Matter that’s cool dude. If these games make you happy then who am I to tell you. Good luck with the ps3 games

Player_One

Pizzamorg

That found footage style trailer to introduce those new Pokemon was very cool.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ryu_Niiyama

My Metroid Dread amiibo came in. I should likely buy the game now. But they look super cool. Anybody know if the other Metroid amiibo do anything?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Samus (Smash), Zero Suit Samus (Smash) and Samus (Metroid Samus Returns) add a random amount of health once per day. Also, the new Samus (Metroid Dread) amiibo does as well after the permanent energy tank.

Dark Samus (Smash), Ridley (Smash) and Metroid (Metroid Samus Returns) add a random amount of missiles once per day. Also, the new EMMI (Metroid Dread) amiibo does as well after the permanent missile tank.

JaxonH

Dying Light is legit!!!

This game looks unbelievable in handheld given its an 8th gen AAA open world game. I'd even say it's better than The Witcher 3. In doors is not super low res, like Wolfenstein 2 (I think that game was using a filter that was too aggressive for its lower res).

It's not often big 8th gen AAA games come to Switch and actually look and run reasonably well. And it has gyro aiming. What more could you ask for.

Grumblevolcano

Advance Wars delayed to Spring 2022:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

While Advance wars was going to be my holiday game I am totally ok with this delay. I have so much stuff I haven't even started yet...let alone still need to buy. (Dread, Warioware...)

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Lol you called that on the money- probabilities be ****. Guess it goes to show, you never really know with Nintendo. Expect the unexpected.

I'm not particularly hyped for Advance Wars. I'm definitely getting it and do want to give the series a proper go in a more modern format, but this delay doesn't mean much to me one way or the other.

Still have Danganronpa on Dec. 3rd

JaxonH

Hey, this looks good!

edit
Holy crap holy crap!

GYRO AIMING CONFIRMED!!!

Also touch support in menus and a physical cart to follow in early December

Edited on by JaxonH

MsJubilee

November will be a busy month for the Switch and me. If I only had more time.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pizzamorg

A part of me is kinda sad about Advance Wars, but I have two big timesinks coming to my Switch in November already. We got Arceus in January and then basically 90% of 2022's release calendar platformwide coming out in February for some reason, so I feel like it is basically good for everyone if they can push AWs in a few months into next year.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic