Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,041 to 56,060 of 69,964

jump

@FragRed Will you be able to do dances in it like Fornite though? That could be a huge problem as Samus' suit is too bulky for the finer motions of dabbing and flossing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@jump I think Nintendo are working closely with Microsoft to work out dance moves for Samus as Master Chief uses a similar bulky suit, and that’s why there’s a Switch on Phil Spencer’s shelf.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo finally has some competition this holiday because GTAV is coming to PS5 and Series X|S in November

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo finally has some competition this holiday because GTAV is coming to PS5 and Series X|S in November

People complain they can’t keep playing Mario Kart 8 as it’s too old yet the even older GTA5 is gonna sell another 20m copies now to the same people. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Looks like Nintendo will need to delay all games until at least second half 2022, because that game is gonna destroy anything they release for a whole year

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm beginning to think Red Dead Redemption 2 was a disappointment to Rockstar. I for sure thought that game would be getting this treatment.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm beginning to think Red Dead Redemption 2 was a disappointment to Rockstar. I for sure thought that game would be getting this treatment.

@MsJubilee

GTA V sold 20m copies last year. The game generated 227m in profit last year because of the those sales and shark cards. It remains one of Take Two Interactive's big bread winners, for eight years now.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

GTAV comes to consoles that already have access to it (through backwards compatibility), and have an install base of only a few million.

And the Switch?...

At least 2'8".

Magician

timleon wrote:

GTAV comes to consoles that already have access to it (through backwards compatibility), and have an install base of only a few million.

And the Switch?...

...is probably too expensive because nobody, not even Nintendo themselves, are using 64 GB cartridges for their games. That's even if Take Two considered splitting the offline and online portions into two separate applications. But that shouldn't stop GTA V from being a digital-only game on Switch like Doom Eternal and yet here we are..five years into the Switch's lifecycle. Not a single GTA game on Switch, not even III, VC, or SA.

It makes me wonder if the business side of Nintendo pissed off Rockstar themselves at some point.

Did Body Harvest and GTA Chinatown sell that badly? I dunno.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

No idea why GTAV isn't on Switch.

Don't get me wrong- GTA isn't really my thing. But I still want it on Switch. Might actually play it again if it were.

It has to be relationships. Whoever makes the decisions for GTA platforms doesn't like Nintendo, for one reason or another, and doesn't want the game on Switch. Everyone knows it would be a massive evergreen title if it got a hybrid release.

But it's fine. Saint's Row 3 and 4 are on Switch, with Gyro, and honestly those games are a lot more funny and interesting imo.

Still, they should put GTAV on Switch. Maybe they will with Take Two's new pro-Switch policy.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

Anyone know any fast kart combinations for mario kart 8 deluxe, anyone one i seem to try is very slow.

Ninfan

FragRed

Finally something new

Cynas

I love collecting amiibo, and that Zelda amiibo is possibly one of my favourites so far, but I have to say it's kinda unfortunate they would lock a convenience feature like that behind amiibo.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Blooper987

@Slowdive oh nothing much...

just locking an important new feature behind a paywall

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

FragRed

@Slowdive Just hope this Amiibo isn’t going to be incredibly limited and therefore impossible to find in typical Nintendo style.

gcunit

Slowdive wrote:

Oh, look Spanky's Quest! That game is legitimately great! Not that most people will care. Still nice to see it hasn't been forgotten. Used to own the Game Boy version.

EDIT: here's a playthrough...

Spanky's Quest was the one that caught my eye there, but damn does that little dude move slowly.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic