Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,021 to 56,040 of 70,030

sixrings

Just release the 3DS metroids upscaled and the Prime trilogy and let the market decide after that what happens. At the very least it would get Metroid games on the switch which would make me happy. Im sure Fzero fans would be happy if Fzero-X and GX was ported in the same fashion.

sixrings

MarioVillager92

@sixrings Personally I think it'd be even better to see F-Zero X and GX being remade from the ground up, with HD graphics and online. Maybe have all of their tracks in one game, kinda like how Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled did it. I'd totally buy that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

So ports of decades old games, I can't imagine how anyone could complain about that ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

jump wrote:

So ports of decades old games, I can't imagine how anyone could complain about that ;p

Just 25 days until all this speculation can go away.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG No one was speculating, people are asking for ports of old Metroid and F-Zero games.

I'd take speculation over the post E3 complaints of <insert game series> being missing or ruined ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jedgamesguy

@jump Even worse... at least speculation isn't based on complaining...

The lesser of two evils then... speculation it is. But I'd rather have Breath of the Wild sequel euphoria instead of being let down because of a fake leak.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Grumblevolcano

I think if F-Zero ever comes back it'll be a battle royale game, I also think Splatoon 3 will go down the path of battle royale and that's how it'll distinguish itself from Splatoon 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@TheJGG I'd laugh if there's no BOTW 2 at all and instead Nintendo's E3 centre piece is the Mario movie being made by the Minions folks, complete with bad Italian-English grunt noise dialogue!

Nicolai wrote:

jedgamesguy

@jump I'm still not excited for that monstrosity, how could you dare remind me that thing existed?! In the ten or so Illumination films that've released... I can only name one good film; Horton Hears a Who... so this doesn't bode well. They should have teamed up with... actually I can't see Disney doing it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jump

@TheJGG Actually Nintendo shopped the Mario Movie around and found the Minion guys the best fit, apparently Sony came very close to getting it. Miyamoto is having a heavy hand in it so there is room for blame.

I'm reserving judgement until I see a trailer before I declare it's "[removed] my childhood". Whilst I'm not keen on Minions or their other films it can't be any worse than the last Mario film.

So with that in mind of the close ties of Nintendo and Illumination, Minions for Smash!

Edited on by antdickens

Nicolai wrote:

jedgamesguy

@Balta666 I'm inclined to agree but it will hurt Nintendo's own opinion on the viability of their various IPs in the film and television sectors. They were very put off by the reception of the Super Mario Bros movie, which took a lot of risks with the property. May give it a watch since it seems to have a popular following now...

@jump I don't believe it! Those kleptomaniacs! ;p

I agree, I'll absolutely watch the film through before I accuse it of ruining my life, and I'll go in without expectation. You could tell early on from trailers though, so since this movie is meant to come out in 2022 we have about six to nine months until a new trailer.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jump

@TheJGG They should hurry up and date it if they want one of the summer/xmas blockbuster slots, with so many films from 2020 moved into 2021 this year is really crowded (like there's already 4 Marvel or 5 if you include Venom films this year and none of them have been released yet despite it being almost half way through the year?!) so I can see a few 2021 films being moved into 2022 which leaves Mario getting scraps.

Nicolai wrote:

Dogorilla

@TheJGG Horton Hears a Who was actually made by Blue Sky, so even your one example of a good Illumination film isn't actually correct. I still maintain that the original Despicable Me is a good film though and I'm staying open-minded about this Mario movie. I think the worst it's likely to be is just a silly and forgettable kids' movie, which really isn't the end of the world.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

@Dogorilla The only thing that silly mistake from me has done is prove me right! Illumination does suck! WORLD ORDER IS RESTORED! The scapegoat for modern animation and storytelling truly is as bad as we think! The original Despicable me wasn't too bad actually.... shame they let the fame get to them.

@jump We shall see, it may have been delayed (again) due to Coronavirus...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jump

@TheJGG Nah, I doubt it. They said it was a 2022 film in Sep when Coivd was already known and companies had adapted to the situation, if there is a delay it's more likely due to them having to rework the film.

Also it was never delayed, the first date given was 2022, animated films just take years to make.

Nicolai wrote:

sixrings

@jump you seem more concerned about being right and throwing dirt in the Metroid franchise than reviving it.

If you have no connection to Metroid then I can understand. But plenty Nintendo fans have a connection. Even if they didn’t shouldn’t we be doing our best to keep The few more mature Nintendo franchises alive?

As for the port thing. I don’t hear much complaining about miitopia and people seemingly ate up the Mario 3d collection. What I’m concerned about is if the games sell or not. Not if people are complaining.

Finally I think most games simply do better on the switch because of the switch effect. Whatever that is.

sixrings

jump

@sixrings Nah, I've bought and played almost all of the Metroid games aside from the odd one here and there. Does that qualify me as a fan or is a fan just someone screaming I love it and it's perfect as loud as they can? ;p Me saying Metroid isn't a big franchise and that over the last 15 years/6 games the games have been all over the place isn't the same thing as throwing dirt at it.

If you go back a few pages in this thread and you can see people complaining about Miitopia. It's the usual stuff of Switch is just a port machine, Miitopia is over priced, they have run out of Wii U games so they are porting 3DS ones now etc.

Nicolai wrote:

sixrings

@jump well I do agree that the 3ds ports should be at a lower cost. But it’s the sales which matter. To be truthful I haven’t bought any of the 3d Metroids and have very little interest. At the same time I don’t want Nintendo to become a company which only looks at their best sellers and focus on them solely. That’s how activision basically became just call of duty. Or how Xbox became just forza and halo.

sixrings

FragRed

I’m just gonna come right out and anger people, because I can...

I am really looking forward to Nintendo reveal the restarted development of Metroid Prime 4 at Retro is because they saw the huge success of Fortnite and went “we want a piece of that pie” and so decided to reskin Fortnite as a Metroid battle royale complete with micro transactions and loot boxes.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic