Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,821 to 55,840 of 69,983

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

Neo: The World Ends With You (7/27)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (7/27)
Samurai Warriors 5 (7/27)

one of them should delay the game by a week or two.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Can't forget Legend of Mana on June 24th and Destroy All Humans on June 29th

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH They only own the first game, the second one is owned by Nintendo. It's unlikely they'd remaster the first one without at least conversations with Nintendo, that'd be unnecessarily antagonistic (by Japanese cultural standards). But that also means it's likely MonolithSoft would be involved in some form.

@IceClimbers Hold on, are you saying the Destroy All Humans remake is coming to Switch? Or is this something different?

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

I need a job just for game money. My play asia cart is sitting at 800 dollars right now.

On a positive monster hunter is starting to suck less. I still don’t like how it controls but I just remind myself of who made it and I am less annoyed.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MarioVillager92

@Giancarlothomaz Can I give you a friendly tip? There's no need to post links to Nintendo Life's articles here, that particular article is right on their front page.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jump

@MarioLover92 he’s been told before but as he is a broken Nintendo Life spambot you need to communicate in 1s & 0s so their programming knows to spam other forums as it’s pointless here. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

These companies need to chill a bit with the hype releases. How the hell am I supposed to dip into my backlog when multiple games I want to play are releasing every month?

Anyway, thank god for good third-party support. Can you imagine this year if it was like the Wii U and just had first-party stuff alongside a few indies?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Giancarlothomaz

@Ralizah i know how you feel, Nintendo and third party are releasing too much higly antecipated games we want, but we don't have enough time/money to buy this games, 2021/2022 is a very packed year and is surpassing 2017/2019 as the best year for Switch.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

link3710

@Ralizah Ugh. I'm barely going to touch anything first party this year most likely. I want New Pokemon Snap but that might be it for first-party purchases this year unless BotW2, something Metroid, or something highly unexpected lands. It'd definitely be bad if we didn't have so many amazing other options.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 There's barely any actual first-party developed stuff this year (besides ports of Wii U games). The Famicom Detective Club remakes were developed by MAGES. New Pokemon Snap, I believe, is Bandai Namco. I... think there's some sort of Mario Golf game coming out? That's new, I guess.

Unless Nintendo's teams are all kicking back in the office and playing ping-pong year round, it feels like they're riding on the great third party support and stockpiling for... something.

Seems increasingly likely to me that they'll launch some sort of new hardware soon, and will use the Switch launch year strategy of overwhelming the market with big exclusives to gain momentum. Edit: But this is straying dangerously close to "Switch Pro" talk, and I really don't want this topic to devolve into twenty more pages of that sort of discussion, so I'm going to shut up.

Edited on by Ralizah

link3710

@Ralizah Yeah, Mario Golf is first party, as is Skyward Sword HD and 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Oh and that Labo Game Developer spin-off Which might be more first party developed titles than last year already?

Cause last year we had Pikmin 3, XC:DE and Animal Crossing and I think that was it.

link3710

jump

@Ralizah Mario Golf is made by Camelot. It's sort of a well known secret that a lot of the Ninty games aren't actually made by Ninty themselves.

Ninty are publishing 3 original retail games next month so I'm optimistic there will be a steady stream of new games throughout the year now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

Yeah, with Nintendo, though, where do you draw the line, @Ralizah ....? Pokemon, which is to all intents & purposes '1st' party, isn't made by them! Fire Emblem, ditto. Monolith Soft helped quite a bit/ a lot with Breath of the Wild I'm sure others can list plenty of other examples, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ok1

@BruceCM Well technically, Monolith Soft is owned by Nintendo. The other companies aren't.

hello

Ralizah

IS and Camelot are de facto Nintendo studios. Particularly IS, which was formed by Nintendo employees and ONLY releases games for Nintendo hardware. The last time Camelot released a game on non-Nintendo hardware was 1997!

Monolith is first-party.

GameFreak is definitely a third-party, although 90% of their output is still exclusive to Nintendo.

Whereas this is the first time MAGES has worked with Nintendo, as far as I am aware. Bandai-Namco has definitely worked with Nintendo, but they're a massive third-party publisher that's not primarily associated with them.

Another really surprising third-party partnership this gen as been with Koei-Tecmo, who has been working so much with Nintendo on games like Fire Emblem and various musou crossover titles.

Edited on by Ralizah

BruceCM

There's definitely the Mario Golf coming up, although I can't say I'm interested in that one myself .... For the Famicom Detective club duo, I'll wait for sales! I would imagine Nintendo want to make the biggest announcements for games at E3 & there'll definitely have to be a few for them to 'attend'

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic