Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,001 to 55,020 of 69,988

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The last time a Square Enix game that wasn't from the Japan division came to a Nintendo platform was the Wii U version of Deus Ex Human Revolution so it would be pretty big news for another to come.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I swear I remember Square Enix's name on one of those motocross games the Switch got, and those were definitely western.

link3710

jump

@link3710 Yeah, I literally only remember those games as they have such stupid sounding name. It's something like Monster Energy Drinks PresentZ ExtremeZ SportsZ TheZ GameZ!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Giancarlothomaz

@jump you are right, as a Metroid fan i should be happy that Nintendo and Retro Studios and maybe others developers like Mercury Steam is doing games for the game, now is just wait and hope Metroid Prime 4 is a BOTW level of quality game.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@jump
Don't forget HamsterZ, BunnyZ, PetZ, DogZ, CatZ, etc from Petz series by Ubisoft.
I like Petz games.
Perfect for casual gamer.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

The reality is that the world is changing. Quickly. And a lot of companies (and people) in various spheres are having their traditional practices laid bare for all to see.

rallydefault

Ralizah

Man, if I couldn't buy from any company that was doing dirty stuff, I'd have to make my own food, sew my own clothes, and design all of my own entertainment.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jedgamesguy

@StarRoader It's France, mate, whaddya expect? They have the front of a modern country that's part of the G7 but they have significant and deeply fundamental problems at all different layers of government. The French public have clashed with the government so much that I completely forgot the Yellow Vest movement was still going on, it just dulls itself out of general perception.

The French as people are also very touchy-feely, having lived there for four years.

Edit; forgot to say, but welcome to NL!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG That doesn't sound much different to any other country to be honest. Over the last few months I've seen America has had an attack on it's capital, British police clashed with people at a vigil for a girl murdered by a police, the Stuttgart riots in Germany last year etc.

One country being fugded up isn't special, they all are.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@jump Very fair. There’s so much that’s gone on in France though, all the terrorist attacks in particular. It was a very troubling time to say the least for me. The government has also been unusually unstable since Emmanuel Macron took power, and have been extremely unpopular, of course leading to the Yellow Vest.

There’s one instance where French culture itself was regarded as silly by French people themselves; when a female French lawmaker insisted that she didn’t kiss all of her male colleagues either side of the cheek every morning. It’s that kind of culture that would lead to wide-scale harassment allegations down at Ubisoft.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

Yea, I think almost everywhere is going through some stuff right now. As an American it's been quite a trip for the last handful of years. The impression I get simplistically is that a lot of the world has been operating on age-old practices and "rules" and traditions, just kind of kicking the can down the road for as long as possible, and now is being forced to come to grips with a lot of ramifications and what the future is going to look like in a world that is increasingly global and increasingly in danger of exhausting natural resources and such.

A lot of high and mighty countries were brought low by a virus when a lot of people thought (and still can't seem to think) that stuff like that even poses a danger to us anymore. I know around here in the U.S. when Covid first emerged the general thinking was it was a far away thing that couldn't possibly pose a danger to us (arrogance of culture, medicine, etc. all tied up into that thinking).

rallydefault

jedgamesguy

@rallydefault If you've seen the news over the last few days you'll know that the President of Tanzania, John Magufuli, reportedly died of COVID two days ago. Of course, he's dead but his cause of death was widely reported to be COVID. There's many inconsistencies depending on your source, according to the Tanzanian government he had a pre-existing heart problem and died in Tanzania, but other sources say he was being treated for COVID in Kenya.

Funnily enough he consistently and unfailingly delivered misinformation about COVID, and didn't test people, impose restrictions or even count cases, instead telling people to pray to God. Ever the typical African leader, he declared in January that "vaccinations are dangerous" and that "if white people were able to come up with vaccinations, a vaccination for AIDS would have been found."

Again, as is usually the case with African leaders, he imposed restrictions against LGBTQ people, threatening people with up to 30 years in prison for even communicating with one another.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

@TheJGG
Yea, I did see that. Honestly some of these leaders of countries and what they do to their people. It breaks my heart.

rallydefault

jedgamesguy

@rallydefault While I was living in Kenya the 2017 elections occurred and the incumbent president, Uhuru Kenyatta, won by a margin of 6%. But his rival protested and people had to cast their votes again. Uhuru won again with about 98% of the votes.

It extend beyond that, there's massive amounts of corruption in the government, plus they've allowed Chinese construction companies to start thousands of massive projects, so there's something strange going on there. It's quite horrible if I'm being completely honest.

Kidding, only bad thing that came out of THAT arrangement was that I lost my free vibrating massage whenever I drove on the motorway

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
A perfect introductory video for new players.

Man, I envy all the new players who will be experiencing Monster Hunter for the first time. Your first is always your best. It’s magical. Even now, despite its relatively dated design by comparison, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate boasts my best gaming memories of all time.

I watched that history of MH video too the other day. A long video, but you come out with serious knowledge about the franchise.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH when i have i deep for a franchise, i want to share to the world, and know everything about that franchise i felt in love to the Monster Hunter franchise when i played Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
A lot of people fell in love with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. That was the first game in the franchise to break 1 million copies sold in the west. Huge influx of new players.

And I know exactly what you mean. I know how amazing Monster Hunter is, and it’s a feeling that is unequaled by any other video game I’ve ever played in the 30 years I’ve been playing games, and I know that if others who have not yet gotten into the series could just walk in my shoes for 5 minutes and understand the appeal in the same way I understand it, they’d instantly be diehard fans for life. So I’m very eager to share how amazing it is with the world. But it’s tough because so many new players, when they first try the game, their immediate reaction is to think the gameplay feels “clunky” because they are not yet acclimated to the animation commitments, and have never experienced a game like it before. And unfortunately, a fair number of those new players simply write it off after 15 minutes in the demo and move on with their lives. Not knowing that if they just invested the time to learn the mechanics, they very well might discover their new favorite video game of all time.

I remember the first time I tried MH3U. One hour, and I had already turned it off and moved on to something else, writing it off as just some mediocre game that had a lot of boring dialogue. I’m so fortunate to have had a coworker who bought a Wii U just to play that game. If they had never done that and had never invited me to play online with them, I wouldn’t be here evangelizing this game today. I’d still be living in my blissful pre-MH ignorance, never knowing I missed my would-be favorite franchise of all time by the skin of my teeth.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic