Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,981 to 55,000 of 69,983

Giancarlothomaz

@jump i know Nintendo answer to do something to Metroid fans is Metroid Prime 4, but Metroid fans think Nintendo is gonna do more things to the franchise beside Metroid Prime 4, like the rumored and higly antecipated 2D Metroid game that continues the Metroid Fusion history, i don't expect this is real, the only Metroid game we are getting is Prime 4,expecting a AAA treatment to the franchise is a delusion(it sucks to be a Metroid fan, Mario and Legend of Zelda have AAA treatment, why Metroid can't have a AAA treatment?).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@jump They're even remastering the first ones and those arent coming either.

Thats...weird. Only things for Switch was a reminder that Bubble Bobble 4 Friends exists (Weird) and Darius.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Haruki_NLI Also a reminder that Balan Wonderworld is coming next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@Giancarlothomaz What were you expecting, honestly? I personally thought it was a really good one, and I'm not into Life is Strange or Tomb Raider. LiS: True Colours looked like a really beautiful game in its own right, and it's great the Tomb Raider games are getting touched up and packed together.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@Giancarlothomaz Metroid had 2 games out in the last 5 years and a mega AAA coming for a series that isn't even that big. That's alot better than games that actually sell well.

@Haruki_NLI Not that's it's hard but don't forgot Balan Wonderworld was there too. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@Giancarlothomaz Those were things exclusive to Nintendo, at least initially. Yes, Triangle Strategy is a Square game but it's a Switch exclusive for the foreseeable future. And a Super Mario RPG sequel... I'm not very sure about that.

Besides if those two were going to get more exposure it'd be done in a Nintendo Direct. I can't think of an instance recently where a game developed exclusively for Switch, or with a Nintendo IP, was not put into a Nintendo Direct.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

link3710

Well, that basically confirms we're getting a port of the original Life is Strange. It got leaked alongside a description of the new game that matches up perfectly. Wonder if Switch will get both that and Before the Storm or what?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I was hoping for the Tomb Raider 25th anniversary stuff to be more than just non-game stuff, the Survivor Trilogy bundle and Fortnite. So like an announcement for a PS1 collection for PS4/XB1/Switch.

Life is Strange fans are the main people that this presentation wouldn't have been a disappointment for.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@Grumblevolcano Lol, saw you by chance in the PushSquare live chat where you said something along the lines of "wait, that's it?" after the Tomb Raider stuff.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

link3710

And SMT III is launching May 25th, so there's my good news for the day. Hopefully it'll launch smoother here than the JP launch.

link3710

jedgamesguy

@link3710 That was a relatively quiet reveal for a rather anticipated game. Ah well, I'm super excited to discover the precursor to Persona.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

Nate the Hate says Life Is Strange (at least the first one, maybe the second, perhaps the same "remastered" 2 pack announced) is coming to Switch.

When... who can say. Maybe in fall, maybe after. But he says it's coming. So I'd hold off on any purchases if interested in playing on Switch.

As we well know, Nintendo versions of games are often announced separately or in Nintendo showcase events after the fact. Either because they're coming later or they just want to direct the news to the respective fanbase.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@TheJGG i can see Project Triangle Strategy coming to PC and others consoles in 2022 or later, like Octhpath Traveler did, @Jump just because Retro Studios is hiring AAA developer means that Metroid Prime 4 could be a AAA game , the game could be a AA level game, you know Nintendo only spent AAA budget in Legend of Zelda or maybe even Mario games, Nintendo is only Sony they spent AAA budget in all it major franchises.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

link3710

@JaxonH I'd ignore that except I saw the same thing in a leak that explained the plot and characters of LiS:True Colors which was accurate, so it's probably correct.

link3710

jump

@Giancarlothomaz Just my opinion and all but you're already complaining about Metroid is dead despite there being a Metroid coming and Metroid Prime 4 is an A short of being AAA when you know nothing about it. At the very least be happy there's a Metroid coming at all rather than this unfounded doom and gloom over it.

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@StarRoader
I'm glad Majesco got revived by other company.
Love to see cartoonish games like that keep alive on consoles.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

7 Days To Monster Hunter Rise

MH Rise Countdown

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic