Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,961 to 54,980 of 69,995

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I have a bad habit of getting things that I couldn’t afford as a kid, now. I had a pretty good childhood and my folks were comfortably middle class but me getting my eye caved in and those expenses means I can literally draw a line at where my family got leaner, disposable income wise.

So my deep longing for the OoT statues as a girl means I jumped in now as an adult. (Not the OoT statues. I’m not made of money) I’m taking a break as between 9 statues, other CE statues, figma and my sailormoon collection I’m getting into borderline nerd hoarder territory. The plan is to flip all of it when I am old but still. Need a house. One day. Although now that l think about it, my Star Trek model building hobby didn’t help curb the need for showpieces.

I try to limit what collectibles I look into. I don’t trust my willpower. I’m lucky that the statue scene is mostly aimed at hetero men so that means many statues fall out of my range of interest. My bank account is grateful. I do hang out in the swag thread talking collections though.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
It’s crazy how fast figures pile up. Like, I didn’t have a single one when amiibo first released, and now it seems I’ve got them everywhere on every shelf, to the point I had to start boxing them up because it just felt like too much. I know it’s only one room that has the stuff displayed- kind of the nerdy hangout collector’s room. But it still feels like a lot when I’ve got entire walls full of shelves with amiibo. If I ever get my own house, I’d love to turn the basement into a gaming room.

Just having all the amiibo, that alone is hundreds of figures. It’s nuts. I love having them all displayed though. All the different characters from all these different games... it’s so cool. Cool if you’re into gaming I suppose. If you’re not into gaming and you walked into a room and saw nothing but figures of characters you know nothing of, it would probably look a little weird lol.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH oh don’t get me started on amiibo. My hope is once I have a house I will design an amiibo bookcase. I’m thinking something in the realm of a barrister bookcase with slots to hold the amiibo and have backing plates with the package cardstock. I love amiibo, but at this point I prefer the NFC cards for actual usage. I have a zelda and FE set. Still buying most of the figures though.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I love the look of the package cardstock. I ordered this from Etsy for the original Smash Wii U line. The rest I have on normal shelves.

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH that moment when you find out your original idea isn’t original...sigh.

I’m trying not to be jelly... but I’m a widdle jelly.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
😆 It just means great minds think alike!

And, you can get these for pretty cheap on Etsy, probably for the full set nowadays. They look good from a standing distance, but up close you can tell it's amateur work. For example, cut outs aren't perfectly straight cut like a paper cutter would do. You can tell it was done with scissors.

But for the price, hey. It's a cheap solution that does the job.

Grumblevolcano

3D All Stars is surging back up the eshop charts as Nintendo reiterates that it's being delisted in 13 days.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

So the Square Enix Direct or whatever they are calling it is today.

Tomb Raider also has a milestone anniversary in this year's endless marathon of anniversaries. I hope the expected Survivor Trilogy gets a Switch port but proabably not.

It appears there's a new Theatrhythm game which seems a safe bet for Switch.

Taito has something and their stuff is hardly cutting edge so it seems a safe bet for Ninty.

New Life is Strange is gonna be announced and I can't see a reason why they wouldn't hit Switch too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Buizel

jump wrote:

It appears there's a new Theatrhythm game which seems a safe bet for Switch.

This would be great - I always loved Theatrhythm and I think generally the concept of rhythm games based on video game music is underutilised.

It would be a shame not to have the 3DS stylus controls though. The button controls were never nearly as satisfying, and I'm a little less keen to get my grubby fingers all over my Switch screen.

I can't imagine the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy making it to Switch, but I'd love to see a collection of the original Core Design games.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Magician

I could see the Switch getting ports of the Tomb Raider spinoff games.

Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@timleon Yeah, if the reboot trilogy came to Switch it would likely be a new Switch revision exclusive or a cloud version. Shadow of the Tomb Raider wouldn't run on the base Switch natively and with Microsoft having leaked the trilogy collection (all 3 games in 1 package), I think Switch support would be an all or nothing situation rather than a Dark Souls situation (Switch got Dark Souls Remastered while PS4/XB1 got the trilogy).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano There are workarounds, I guess. Technically Switch should be capable of running 2013 and Rise, as they both had 7th gen releases. They could potentially do a Dark Souls and drop Shadow and/or Rise. Or they could offer Rise as a cloud version.

But there's the issue of file size / cartridge space if they were to go physical...

So it's possible, but I don't see it as being worth the effort for SE. As much as I'd love to see more Tomb Raider on Nintendo systems, the two have never really been synonymous.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

rallydefault

Yea, I love the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy (I've replayed the first one like four times lol), but I don't see them making the effort to get them onto the Switch. I agree with @Magician that Guardian of Light is way more feasible.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@timleon I was going to say that Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is digital only despite being a notable release so perhaps a Tomb Raider collection would be digital only but it turns out Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is digital only just in Europe (comparing the US and UK Directs reveals US version doesn't have the eshop logo but UK version does).

Grumblevolcano

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

I expect Nintendo to skip porting Samus Returns to the Switch. Skip announcing Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Switch. And serve up a port of Other M...just out of spite, lol. Just kidding of course, but...truly, I expect literally nothing. Nintendo will let the anniversary lapse and will hold the Trilogy until MP4 is six to nine months away from release.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Giancarlothomaz if you don't actually press play on that video it correctly predicts Ninty's plans for Metroid this year ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Giancarlothomaz

@jump i watched the entire video and given Nintendo track record with the Metroid franchise, i expect they do nothing with the franchise this year, only if Metroid Prime 4 is a critical and sales sucess maybe Nintendo do something with the franchise, the future of the franchise depend on Metroid Prime 4 sucess, if Metroid Prime 4 flop, sadly it would face F-Zero fate(no more games released until the end of everything).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

jump

@Giancarlothomaz That's like the chicken or the egg isn't it. Metroid Prime 4 is doing something with the franchise but people just want to skip the actual game so they talk about how they aren't doing something with Metroid already. lol

Nicolai wrote:

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Pretty sure Ninja Gaiden is digital in NA as well. As certain Asian import sites have been advertising it as the only physical English version, and I quote, "since the game will be digital only in NA/EU"

Maybe they're mistaken, but I doubt it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic