Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,941 to 54,960 of 69,993

Ninfan

is there suppose to be a gameboy or gameboy advance on NSO sometime in the future ? i thought nintendo mentioned it a while back.

Ninfan

sixrings

@Ninfan they never mentioned it. People assumed something would be added. Personally I don’t think any game boy games will be added until after a game boy mini release. So a long time away. And I expect 64 games to bundled into sales instead of being on NSO as well. Essentially there’s only so much Nintendo is going to give you for $20.

sixrings

JaxonH

@skywake
And if you recall, even that photo of the "Switch Mini" shell casing from the Nintendo uncle at the factory... even that turned out to be real. I remember people saying, "ah! It's so fake, you can just tell immediately- the number code printed isn't even any different- the hoaxers couldn't even bother to change it lol"

But it was real. We had seen the Switch Lite back in April and nobody even believed it.

@Giancarlothomaz
And, to a 16 year old maybe its old. But to everyone else, it's young. I'm 37 and ask myself every day where the last 20 years went. Sure don't feel any different, aside from not having the same energy I used to.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
You can still able play GBA games with GBA or NDS machines, without waiting from NSO.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
You can still able play GBA games with GBA or NDS machines, without waiting from NSO.

How do I play gameboy advance on NDS

Ninfan

JaxonH

Started Kingdoms of Amalur today on Switch, and I’m shocked at how good it is.

It feels at least as good as Dragon’s Dogma or Skyrim. Way more story based, which I like. It definitely shows it’s age as a PS3 game, but it’s really good. And, as far as Switch games go, PS3 era titles actually look right at home.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
"How do I play gameboy advance on NDS ?"

Insert the GBA cartridge onto bottom slot of NDS Lite.
Turn on the machine, tap the GBA icon at the bottom to play.
To end of playing GBA by NDS Lite, just switch off the power and done.

Note, only FAT NDS and NDS Lite can play GBA games since the have GBA slot at the bottom. NDSi cannot play GBA games by cartridge since there is NO GBA cartridge slot on NDSi machines.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH how is the performance? I had to put off most of my march games (hitting ze stock market hard) so I can’t pick it up for a few months.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Mario Maker 2's final Nintendo created content, the 20th Ninji Speedrun is happening on April 14th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
That's gonna be the final run? That's a bummer.

I'm really shocked they didn't do paid DLC for Mario Maker 2. There is quite obviously space for another theme in the course creator, and there are dozens upon dozens of obstacles, blocks, enemies, they could have included. Even just a couple little content drops for like 5 bucks a piece... I totally would have gone for that. They could have even allowed people without the DLC to play levels with it, and maybe that would motivate them to buy it so they could create with the same stuff.

Maybe they've already started brainstorming for Mario Maker 3 on the Switch 2 lol. Maybe the next one will just be Mario Maker Ultimate and will be an ongoing service.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Cotillion

rallydefault wrote:

Maybe the next one will just be Mario Maker Ultimate and will be an ongoing service.

If it were anyone but Nintendo, this wouldn't be surprising considering this is one of the few type of games that would work as an ongoing service instead of sequels/DLC.

Edited on by Cotillion

Cotillion

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault I think Nintendo just abandons games that don't sell well enough for their expectations and the holiday season is the "last chance" for games (no doubt NSMBU Deluxe and the insane June - November 2019 lineup made Mario Maker 2's potential suffer). ARMS had free updates June - December 2017 and then no new content, Mario Maker 2 had a big update in December 2019 (which confirmed 20 Ninji Speedruns given there were 20 completion stamp spots) which turned out to be the penultimate content update, etc.

Most games with expansion passes have the expansion pass announced pre-launch though so of course if the base game undersells the expansion pass content still needs to happen.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Ninty can't just keep making updates for games forever so it doesn't mean that every game which stops getting updates is a flop. Whilst ARMS stopped receiving updates they did keep hosting events for a good long while after that. The last one was in 2020 if I recall correctly.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
Yea, it's just so disappointing because Mario Maker 2 is such a fantastic game, but I feel like they kind of phoned it in, unfortunately (or it got overshadowed, as you said). Maybe it's just because I'm such a big platformer person and I'm so deep into the Mario Maker community, but it's crazy to me that a game like Luigi's Mansion 3 (also a great game, don't mistake me) will get paid DLC but not this.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
It’s serviceable. Not perfect, but totally playable. Few graphical glitches. Not a big deal. Looks good in handheld mode.

Good move hitting those investments. The defining characteristic of those who don’t remain poor is learning to make your money go to work for you. I do stocks, crypto and gold. Started putting 25% of my income directly into my 401k, another 5% into a Roth IRA (love tax advantaged accounts- why do it any other way), another 2.5% into cryptocurrencies (specifically BTC, ETH and ADA- which tbh, I’ve made $50k in crypto in the last 12 months- it’s too risky not to own crypto at this point), and while I’m not currently buying gold anymore, that’s because I already have enough as a bedrock layer.

If you ever wanna talk investments, hit me up in the chit-chat thread. I probably spend as much time on that as I do gaming.

edit
Switch Lite (any color) is available with $20 promo discounts at several retailers, including Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Gray/dp/B07V2BBMK...

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Works for me. I’ll keep it on my list. I preordered the Lyn statue and have mon hun paid for. So that’s it for me this month. I hate being responsible.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I got that Lyn Fire Emblem statue ordered too. And Melia from Xenoblade. They’re constantly using low blows to crack open my wallet- Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Monster Hunter.

I’m sure it’ll be discounted in due time. It’s not exactly a game that’s going to set the sales charts on fire. But for how good it is, I’m surprised nobody is talking about the Switch version. Another great action RPG to add to the hybrid portfolio.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Lyndis is my favorite Lord so I had no choice (even though I hate the pose ). F4f just announced another okami statue so i might get suckered into that. But at least they have a non interest rate payment plan.

I have KoA for 360 but of course my xbone disc drive committed suicide last year. So I’m using the system like a SAD. Refuse to buy a ps5/series x until 2023.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Those F4F models are too rich for my blood. They’re the high end of high end. If I started buying those I’d never have any money. I prefer to stick with cheap Amiibos and the occasional 1/7 scale for FE, Xenoblade and MH.

Except... Have you seen the Monster Hunter creator’s figures? Maybe not if you’re not a huge MH fan, but they’re sooo sexy. Gorgeous models of monsters. They originally were only like $75 each. But now there’s a huge market for them, and even buying direct from Amiami costs like $160 ea after shipping. You don’t even want to know how much they cost on eBay for ones out of print.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic