Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,901 to 54,920 of 69,962

jedgamesguy

@Galaxyman88 If handhelds are so popular Nintendo have all the more reason to actively appeal the Switch to Japanese gamers. Well known fact but in Japan storage and space in general is such a premium that the portable nature of the Switch is to some the singular reason why people would get it.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

kkslider5552000

I'll just say, one of my least favorite trends of AAA gaming is deciding to make less games and less varied games. So I'm against most things that go in that direction. And boy does it sure seem like based on recent news first party Sony is only doubling down on its recent successes, and not a ton else.

But to be fair, this is a problem almost across the board. Like if Nintendo doesn't increase its game input by like next year, I'll probably be disappointed, since you'd think going from two to one systems to support would cause that one system to overflow with games. It doesn't make much sense if that doesn't happen, even taking into consideration the jump from 3DS to HD video games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Galaxyman88

Well this is downside of rising development cost unfortunately. I have no doubt Nintendo eventually gets there.

Galaxyman88

skywake

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Ninfan You can. You just need to get a microSD card for that. There are microSD cards that are especially licensed for use with the Switch as well (you'll know since they have the Nintendo Switch logo on them), so I recommend getting one of those.

I wouldn't recommend the Nintendo branded cards. They're SanDisk cards with a logo on the box and a higher price. Just go with SanDisk.

Only thing to look out for are fake cards. Go with a reputable retailer but and you should be fine

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

@Socar Where's the contradiction though?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

Socar wrote:

https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-switch-2-could-releas...

Guess that bloomberg news is totally bogus.

The original article said that Nintendo was planning release before the end of this financial year (i.e. March 2022). They then added an opinion to that plan saying that a console launch before the the end of 2021 would make sense to capitalise on the holidays.

The second article literally says the same:

Nintendo will need to start the next fiscal year without Animal Crossing and the pandemic, but that will be offset by a much stronger blockbuster software lineup and new hardware. [...] Nintendo plans to release a revised version of the Switch in the latter half of this year

edit: I was going to say that the article you quoted misrepresented bloomberg. It didn't. You misrepresented the article you quoted.

Edited on by skywake

Socar

skywake wrote:

Socar wrote:

https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-switch-2-could-releas...

Guess that bloomberg news is totally bogus.

The original article said that Nintendo was planning release before the end of this financial year (i.e. March 2022). They then added an opinion to that plan saying that a console launch before the the end of 2021 would make sense to capitalise on the holidays.

The second article literally says the same:

Nintendo will need to start the next fiscal year without Animal Crossing and the pandemic, but that will be offset by a much stronger blockbuster software lineup and new hardware. [...] Nintendo plans to release a revised version of the Switch in the latter half of this year

edit: I was going to say that the article you quoted misrepresented bloomberg. It didn't. You misrepresented the article you quoted.

No. They said that it would be released as early as this June. They also claimed that it will come in time for the holiday season. So again..bogus.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

@Socar I'm remembering the article differently, they said the screen production was to possibly start in June. That's them making the parts before they get allegedly sent to Ninty who will then use them when assembling the console. Them starting production is different to a release date.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-04/nintendo-p...

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

We will see something big 3 months later.
Prepare your body.

Anti-Matter

skywake

Socar wrote:

No. They said that it would be released as early as this June. They also claimed that it will come in time for the holiday season. So again..bogus.

How about we the source directly rather than stating our feelings....

Samsung Display Co. will start mass production of 7-inch, 720p-resolution OLED panels as early as June with an initial monthly target of just under a million units, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing internal matters. The displays are slated for shipment to assemblers around July, the people said.

SAMSUNG will start mass production as early as June and ship to Nintendo for assembly in July

The release of a more premium version of Nintendo’s Switch console with an OLED display and support for 4K graphics for the holiday 2021 selling season could drive the company’s sales above consensus for the fiscal year ending March 2022 and extend the life cycle of the Switch platform for many more years.

NINTENDO are expected to release their revised console using these OLED panels this fiscal year, i.e. by March 2022. These two things line up. You can't release a console without having built up some stock, you can't build up stock without having the key components. Samsung ramping up production of these OLED panels lines up with Nintendo putting in a big order. If they're putting in a big order now their intent would be to release this fiscal year.

That's the first article. All this second article adds in terms of timing/stock is the following:

Nintendo plans to release a revised version of the Switch in the latter half of this year with a larger and better display as well as upgraded graphics when the hybrid console is plugged into a TV set, Bloomberg News has reported.

Again, the latter half of this year. Presumably this fiscal year but even if they mean calendar both the second half of this calendar year AND the second half of this fiscal year for Nintendo are after July

Also this:

Nintendo’s ability to fulfill demand for the Switch will be challenged by the same global chip supply bottleneck that has troubled its rivals. Beyond securing silicon from the likes of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the Switch maker also faces scarcity of more generic parts like display driver integrated circuits and Bluetooth modules, people familiar with its operations said. Component suppliers said shortages would persist at least until June and the situation may not improve for the rest of the year.

Basically, the ability for Nintendo to generate stock for this revision will be bottlenecked by other component shortages. They're expecting these shortages to last until June but they may extend after. I don't think anyone knows when these shortages will clear up, it's a global issue ATM. Either way it again lines up with an intent to produce enough stock for a launch by the end of this fiscal year. i.e. March 2022

There are no contradictions here.

Edited on by skywake

Magician

Water's wet, the sun is hot, the sky is blue.

Nintendo will be using OLED screens.

Socar be like...
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Socar

Whatever the case, there is no proof till its official even if the source is credible. If the OLED is not plastic and gets released, they would realize that people would complain it being fragile and Nintendo would fix that by replacing it with LCD.

Or that their next gen console will revert it back to LCD until OLED panels with plastic become a thing(which as of now, they aren't and even so, are priced expensively like the Galaxy Fold for instance). Nintendo should actually start suing these journalists as they have sprouted countless fake news over the Switch and its potentially damaging Nintendo's reputation as confidential data is being leaked.

I don't care what Nintendo does. Heck, if they go with OLED, fine see what I care. Don't say I didn't tell you all that it was the opposite if the source did turn out wrong in the end. I'm not buying the newer model anyways unless there is an actual incentive like either having demanding exclusive games on it.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Socar wrote:

people would complain it being fragile and Nintendo would fix that

Regardless of LCD or OLED, Ninty's attitude towards Joy Con drift suggests that they would stick with whatever design flaws regardless of people's complaints.

Socar wrote:

Nintendo should actually start suing these journalists as they have sprouted countless fake news over the Switch and its potentially damaging Nintendo's reputation as confidential data is being leaked.

If it's fake news then they can't sue for breach of confidently. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

jump wrote:

Socar wrote:

people would complain it being fragile and Nintendo would fix that

Regardless of LCD or OLED, Ninty's attitude towards Joy Con drift suggests that they would stick with whatever design flaws regardless of people's complaints are.

True. Guess that burn in that will happen instantly would be something of another complain. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't suffer heavy lawsuits for that matter because otherwise, like I said, they'd be forced to revert it to LCD.

jump

Socar wrote:

True. Guess that burn in that will happen instantly would be something of another complain. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't suffer heavy lawsuits for that matter because otherwise, like I said, they'd be forced to revert it to LCD.

Is it that you saying that OLED screens are possible now?!?! Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

link3710

@Socar ...instantly? I've had my QLED Galaxy S10 for 2 years now with 0 burn in. I think you seriously overestimate how much of an issue burn-in is these days. Mostly cause QLED isn't organic. Aren't those the same panels that Nintendo bought, per the articles?

In either case OLED burn-in takes 2 years minimum, so I doubt we'll see any complaints until the next system is close to release if we get an OLED refresh.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Socar

@jump For the Switch, I don't think so but you and others seem to claim otherwise and I'm constantly "corrected" about my opinion so what else do I have to say other than "OK"?

@link3710 Uhh..QLED isn't OLED. Its actually LCD so it won't have burn in display. Its actually more efficient than OLED in terms of power consumption.

Two years of burn in is worse than having dead pixels after several years of use imo

Giancarlothomaz

@Socar Switch sucessor already? i was expecting and hoping Nintendo to release Switch sucessor on 2023/2024, so Shuntaro Furukawa statement last year that Switch is in middle of it lifecycle is a lie? oh no! Nintendo is gonna release Switch sucessor next year and i still dint played Bayonetta 3, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon Legend Arceus.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic