Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,641 to 54,660 of 54,674

timleon

@Dezzy I've been using the mClassic for six months or so now, and would reiterate what @link3710 and @JaxonX have said. There is some noticeable difference in some games (particularly those with cel shading - Pokemon in particular looks great), but don't expect anything mind-blowing.

I'd say it works great with any HD console (Switch, Wii U, Xbox 360, etc.), but I haven't really noticed any improvement using, e.g. my Gamecube or PS2.

Edited on by timleon

Previously "Buizel" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses (Silver Snow), Uncharted 4, Yakuza 0

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Oh my gosh, the music of Monster Hunter is glorious.

In the demo, I was wearing headphones, and just sat in the weapon select screen for like 30 minutes listening to the new rendition of Proof of a Hero.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise demo
PC: -----
PS5: -----
EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@timleon I'm surprised you say that you haven't seen improvements on GCN. Are you using a native HDMI solution (aka Wii U or PS3 or a hard mod), or are you using an HDMI converter. I've heard converters introduce noise that keep the mClassic from doing it's thing well

link3710

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH the music Minoto and her sister sing in the title screen, is so beautiful, it give me huge Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Diva vibes and i love this.

i like HD Rumble.

timleon

@link3710 The lack of PS2 improvement is understandable as I'm using a Pound cable, which I believe is just a converter for the native analogue signal.

For Gamecube I'm using the Eon MK-II HD out adapter. Since this uses Gamecube's digital-out I assume it's a bit closer to hard-modding, but perhaps not quite there (the image still has the odd artifact/flickering).

To be honest, I've not experimented much with the Gamecube at all, but where I have used it I haven't noticed much.

Edited on by timleon

Currently playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses (Silver Snow), Uncharted 4, Yakuza 0

link3710

@timleon I will say, using the mClassic with the Wii U definitely grants notable antialiasing on GCN cell-shaded titles (Killer 7 and Wind Waker), but I haven't played too many GCN ganes since I got it either so...

link3710

timleon

@Giancarlothomaz Looks pretty cool - not really anything too surprising there though. But tbh I think that's exactly what people want - just a modern Pokemon Snap.

Strange that they're going with the "New" naming convention again but...I guess it fits?

Also, interestingly, the trainer looks a lot like how I'd imagine the Let's Go Johto protagonist to look (hair, backwards cap, red jacket, complexion). Wonder if this is a coincidence or a purposeful nod to the potential for these games.

Edited on by timleon

gcunit

I only have 26-32 inch screens at home, so maybe you benefit significantly more on larger screens, but my experience is that all these cables and converters only make very minor improvements. Go for them if money is not an issue, but you're not missing much. Not tried an mClassic yet, mainly because I've got pricey converters already for GameCube and N64 and don't find they make enough difference to convince me an mClassic is worth it.

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

So I was kinda maybe considering possibly taking my indulgence one step further and buying the new red Switch model, but... I think I have a deal-breaker:

Untitled

Why, in Bowser's Backside, couldn't they make the kickstand red!?!

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

@timleon

Thanks. I really never expected so many people to answer that Lol. Fairly encouraging I guess! I'll probably wait until they announce the Switch Pro and see what that does (and for what price) before deciding to get one or not.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

You can get a red or metallic kickstand later I suppose.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SM3DASislit

@gcunit @NintendoByNature @Eel
That probably did that on purpose, so that way you actually find the stand, instead of having it blend in and have people unable to find the stand. 🤔
That's my "theory", anyways.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
If you haven't played it since launch, please give it another chance. 🤔

Dezzy

@link3710

I don't suppose you've tried Dragon Quest XI with the mClassic? That was a game where the low resolution bothered me on Switch.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SM3DASislit

@NintendoByNature
Oh okay, I get what you're saying now. 🤔
I guess 2021 is starting out good if the main thing we're complaining about, is the kickstand on the Mario edition Switch. 🤔

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
If you haven't played it since launch, please give it another chance. 🤔

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear K-T makes my head hurt. The bring romance of the three kingdoms west but not Nobunaga’s ambition. Sigh I may cave and buy it in Japanese, but the font is a bit small which is why I held off this long. It’s not like they don’t have the English translation as I have this game on PS4.

Anyway super excited about pokemon snap.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic