Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 54,621 to 54,640 of 54,854

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
There will be a March demo, with an added advanced quest per the data leak, but I cannot speak to rumble. I'm perplexed it wasn't included in this demo, and suspect it will be in the full release, but I'd prepare mentality for the possibility it's not.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise demo
PC: -----
PS5: -----
EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, so this advanced demo is gonna be similar to the demos of Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors:Age of Calamity(the materials you collect for Monsters transfer for the final version?), yes i believe and hoping Monster Hunter Rise have HD Rumble(problaby the game have, since i was watching a video of Game Informer and they mentioned rumble, when you use the Wyvern mount mechanic, a important magazine like Game Informer would not mention this, if Capcom dint included this feature in the game.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
No. There is no transfer. Its impossible. MH demos do not start you out at the beginning of the game.

Advanced quest means a harder quest fighting Magnamalo, instead of just beginner and intermediate.

Can you link me to this GameInformer vid? I'd like to see if they say anything about it

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
If you listen to what was said, specifically, a noob was complaining about wyvern riding and how it was hard to control, and said "maybe it just wasn't conveyed well through use of rumble", so basically they're commenting on lack of rumble. Not confirming it.

That said, hearing him complain about wyvern riding controls kind of triggered me, as he said "I wanted to move left, why arent you moving left"... I'm thinking A you have to hold R/ZR (depending on your settings) to move, clearly he didnt do the training quest, and B the monsters are supposed to be a little unwieldy to control- you're mounting a wild beast and trying to control them.

Anyways. We'll have to wait on full release to see. I'd just prepare mentally for it being MIA though. Which sucks but, it does have gyro and that's way more important.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

Just wanted to let everyone know Cyber Shadow is up for pre-order and with a discount! As a reminder this is the YCG published title( I believe) but its developed by another studio. From what I remember, they had some slight involvement in the development. Here I am rambling 🤣.

Either way it's a ninja Gaiden/messenger style ninja action platformer and it looks dope. Go check it out!

NintendoByNature

Magician

@NintendoByNature

Just waiting for the inevitable physical release for Cyber Shadow. Considering their business relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if Limited Run handled it. Or YCG might just did themselves like they did for Shovel Knight.

Switch Physical Collection - 695 games (as of January 11th, 2021)
Currently playing: Alliance Alive HD (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

NintendoByNature

@Magician totally get it. It's just one of those games I'll want to play asap. At 15 bones it's not too bad if you have to double dip on physical down the road for let's say $30-35. So I hit pre-order. Looks like a great game.

NintendoByNature

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, i will wait until my birthday in early april to see if Monster Hunter Rise have or not HD Rumble suport, and what comand i use to acess the item bar, the Radial Bar i mastered, but i don't know how to use the item bar.

i like HD Rumble.

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
When you hold L, you can use right analog for radial menu but you can also pan through items in your item bar using Y/A for left/right.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Dezzy

So did anyone here ever buy one of those mClassic or mCable devices?

I was looking at some of the comparison videos on youtube, and in some Switch games it was quite a nice improvement. Both of the Xenoblade games especially looked awesome in 1440p.

If the Switch Pro doesn't offer a higher resolution output, I might have to get an mClassic.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy I have one! Honestly, my Switch looks pretty much as good as my (base model) PS4 now on the TV. MClassic's improvements depend on the game though.

Games it's good for
Pokemon Sword and Shield - The graphics look significantly improved. Antialiasing is much needed with how simple the designs are. Doesn't fix the deeper issues of course but from a technical perspective one of the most impressive looking games.
Xenoblades - Both of them are much improved, looking basically like native 1080 or higher with antialiasing
Bayonetta 1&2 - Again, the antialiasing and res boost cleans this up nicely, putting the image in competition with running the PC release of the first game.
Doom - Definitely some noticeable differences that aren't cleaned up (mainly in lighting and particle effects) compared to the other versions, but still a vast improvement

Games it doesn't affect
Mario Odyssey - The game looks wonderful either way, it's hard to tell the difference
Mario Kart 8 - Also a game that looks fantastic already
Smash Bros Ultimate - And you get the idea

Generally speaking any game that lacks antialiasing looks leagues better with the device, as well as any game that are significantly low res. Games that look really good already are hard to tell the difference on. Special note to Fire Emblem Warriors (and any other games that let you adjust resolution), since you can combine the MCable with the performance mode option to get the best of both worlds.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Awesome. Those outcomes are the same as I could tell from watching comparison videos! Yeah Pokemon looks great too.

Have you tried any Wii U or other console games with it? Old stuff like gamecube and Wii is supposed to benefit a lot from it too?

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I have one.

The effects are pretty minor. Don’t go expecting Switch Pro results or anything. It’s post processing AA in a 2D signal, so it’s not able to smooth edges from 3D, only the 2D projection you see on the screen. I’ve found it works best for little tiny jaggies. It smooths those out really well. But any stair stepping larger than micro fine doesn’t really get smoothed. It’s definitely an improvement and I am glad I got one, just... it’s good to set your expectations accordingly is all. But I do notice the difference because I undock my Switch and suddenly I’m like, hold up, this has tons of aliasing I wasn’t noticing on the tv. The mClassic is a subtle improvement but one you notice once it’s gone.

It’s great for Wii U and Switch. These are systems with HD games that have lots of micro aliasing which the mClassic is good at smoothing. Not really worth it for PS/Xbox/PC, and can’t speak on retro games.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Yeah I realise it's only post-processing filters. The upscaling seems quite noticeable in some cases though. So it's not just that the edges are smoother, the resolution is clearly higher so you get a less blurry image. That's really noticeable in the Xenoblade and Pokemon comparison videos.

link3710

@Dezzy Wii U has basically the same effect (even while playing GCN and Wii games). Again not a miracle worker, but it does add a layer of polish on top of many titles. 2D titles see little to no boost, so never tried it with my SNES mini, and my N64 doest use HDMI to try it with.

link3710

Giancarlothomaz

Monster Hunter Rise continue the franchise tradition of having amazing/awesome musics with this amazing/awesome music.

i like HD Rumble.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic