Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,801 to 53,820 of 70,125

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit No, given the Apex Legends situation I don't think there'll be any type of Direct until after 3D World launches. Either a Zelda 35th anniversary Direct (around February 18th) or a Pokemon 25th anniversary Direct (around February 26th).

@JaxonH Well it's to do with the event itself, potential new announcements and more info on known games. With Directs that aren't shadow dropped, you have the speculation about what will be in the Direct and general Nintendo Life chat throughout the stream which is a really fun experience in itself. Regarding content, while there's lots of 3rd party stuff there's very little on the 1st party front. Also while there's plenty of games through April when you consider all games, the only ones that are really out in the open regarding new info on are 3D World and MH Rise. Directs would bring some of the other games into the spotlight.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I'm not saying a new direct couldn't be justified. I'm just saying it's hard to care when we have such a full plate in the coming months

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

@JaxonH It's horses for courses though, there's good stuff coming but not everyone will be happy with those games due to personal taste. People are just hoping there's a Direct so it delivers all their wildest gaming dreams, only to then be brutality crushed by there being no new F-Zero, Mother 3 or whatever.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

Anyone looking to score the Monster Hunter Rise Limited Edition Nintendo Switch Console or the Monster Hunter Rise Limited Edition Pro Controller both are up for pre-order on Amazon ES (Amazon Spain) with global shipping

https://www.amazon.es/s?k=monster+hunter+rise+switch&ref=...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

Yea, again, you gotta consider the whole swath of consumers. I'm super stoked for Bowser's Fury and maybe Bravely Default II, but otherwise I'm not interested in much else, and I'm salivating to hear what they have in store for Zelda's anniversary year.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

rallydefault wrote:

I'm salivating to hear what they have in store for Zelda's anniversary year.

Yes....exactly this

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

I could do with a Direct. We still don't know the release dates of games like SMT III, SMT V, Disgaea 6, Ys IX, Rune Factory 5, Gnosia, Disco Elysium, Monster Hunter Stories 2, etc. And, frankly, the multitude of third-party releases coming out this year deserve to be highlighted.

@rallydefault LOL Judging by what we're getting for the Fire Emblem 30th anniversary, I'd keep my pants on.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah As far as SMT III and V are concerned I can see Atlus announcing stuff on those on their own terms. Like they probably used the Nintendo Direct to announce SMT III because it could then segue into SMTV being that it's a game that's actually exclusive to Switch and would very much resonate with the audience that watches Directs frequently

SMT III is supposedly coming out probably in like April/May time and it's a multiplatform game in much the same way as Persona 5 Strikers is, and there's even evidence suggesting it's coming to Steam as well so it'll basically be on all the same platforms as their preceding game. Thus I can see Atlus rolling out marketing for that game in much the same way as what they're doing with P5S right now.

The one that would actually benefit from exposure specifically towards Nintendo's audience is Shin Megami Tensei V because you're not going to be able to play that on PS4 or PC like the other games. That game is specifically for the Switch crowd only. Especially in light of this whole BreakFreePersona thing and the Nintendo audience's renewed exposure to Atlus titles, they can basically weaponise that and use it to really push SMT hard in terms of selling it to Switch owners the same way they pushed Persona to the PlayStation crowd

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry SMT V is absolutely getting its release date revealed in some sort of Nintendo broadcast. Every bit of communication about the game has been through Nintendo events, where it has received top billing every time, and it's highly likely that Nintendo is also helping with distribution (because, let's be real, Atlus ain't doing that simultaneous worldwide release without some sort of major backing and support).

Anyway, given SMT V is an exclusive, it makes sense to me that Nintendo would be interested in pushing SMT III on their audience as well, regardless of whether it ends up going to Steam or not. Nintendo has been VERY pushy with SMT in the past.

We'll see. Regardless, I don't think we'll hear about SMT at all until Persona 5 Strikers is out.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Oh yeah there's no doubt in my mind that the worldwide release thing is happening because of some sort of cooperation or funding coming from Nintendo themselves considering they were able to make a simultaneous launch work for this but not games like SMT IV, IV Apocalypse or Persona 5/Royal. This is probably Nintendo's next biggest third party exclusive they have after stuff like Mario + Rabbids and Octopath Traveler, so they're obviously looking to flaunt it any chance they get whether it be on social media or their events showing off software for their consoles. They saved a spot just to announce it at the Switch event in January 2017 and it didn't even have a title at that point

The next venue they have to talk about SMT again is probably that online concert that's happening next month. Atlus uses those kinds of events all the time to detail or reveal either previously announced games or unannounced games both for SMT and Persona. I'd be shocked if something SMTV related wasn't present there at all given their history with that stuff, and it's happening after P5S launches here so that gives it more room for exposure

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Giancarlothomaz

@Ralizah that cast podcast reveal with the voice actor of Fire Emblem, give me a impression, Nintendo is doing something for Fire Emblem, why there a voice actress for the fourth Fire Emblem game?(very suspicious this).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

link3710

rallydefault wrote:

I'm salivating to hear what they have in store for Zelda's anniversary year.

@rallydefault A port of a remaster, what else?

...seriously though, with AoC out last year and BotW2 likely being 2022, I wouldn't expect much of anything for Zelda's 35th. They might not even acknowledge it.

link3710

teo_o

@link3710 the unconfirmed rumor started by eurogamer in 2018 that nintendo wanted a zelda related game on switch every year has since been true. in 2018 we got nothing (in 2017 we got BOTW), but in 2019 we got cadence of hyrule and link's awakening. in 2020 age of calamity.
it's safe to say in 2021 we'll get something. even minor, but something for the anniversary is to be expected. the fact that nintendo only develops for one console also helps the rumor: prior you had two zelda for each console, TV and portable, so now you can basically plan 4 (sort of, you get the point).

teo_o

Dezzy

link3710 wrote:

...seriously though, with AoC out last year and BotW2 likely being 2022, I wouldn't expect much of anything for Zelda's 35th. They might not even acknowledge it.

Well that's a bit grim. Why don't you think they'd acknowledge it, given that they did quite a lot for Marios anniversary?
Also, why should we expect BotW2 to be 2022? I mean they've been working on it for like 4 years already, and it's a sequel that's almost definitely reusing the same engine and assets. It seems kinda insane to me if it doesn't come out this year.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

Oh they'll definitely do something for Zelda's 35th, but I honestly don't expect them to talk about that at all until April at the earliest. In other words, not until after they're done with Mario's anniversary celebrations.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

Watch them just port over the Wii U remasters of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess for full price and with no additional upgrades or improvements.

IceClimbers

@Ralizah Watch them port over the GameCube versions of the games instead of the Wii U remasters

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

RR529

@teo_o, 2018 had Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, so there has indeed been at least one Zelda game every year on Switch.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@CactusMan A remaster of Minish Cap would be pretty legitimately cool. Even cooler would be remasters of the Oracle games.

@IceClimbers I don't mind the lazy ports in the Mario 3D All-Stars collection that much, but I can't go back to Wind Waker without the Swift Sail, man.

gcunit

I've been supporting my kid through a Wind Waker HD run. She played it loads without the swift sail and it really didn't feel like a loss not to have it. And when she did finally get it, it kinda felt like a cheat mode had been enabled in the way it disregards wind direction. It's nice to have the option there, but I could cope just fine without it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic