Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,781 to 53,800 of 69,981

BruceCM

Yeah, convince Nintendo of that, @Ralizah .... But really, there shouldn't be this loophole where you have to forfeit your legal rights when you pre-order! I try to be careful with pre-orders but there's always going to be some situations where people should be able to get refunds, like in the case of a certain high profile game that launched in a bit of a mess not long ago

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

I played through Scott Pilgrim back when it first came out on Xbox. I played through with a friend who is pretty average in terms of gaming skills. We definitely hit a few road bumps and some frustrations along the way, but overall we beat it and had a lot of fun.

I didn't really get the vibe of "greatest beat-em-up of all time" that some people put on this game, though. I love the Scott Pilgrim world and the devs did an excellent job with all that, but yea, the gameplay didn't really excite me beyond most other games in the genre.

rallydefault

Buizel

@JaxonH For me double tap feels most intuitive (especially on a D-pad), and I could never play a beat-em-up with an analogue stick. But I see what you're saying - it's a bit strange that the controls for these games haven't really evolved since the 90s. Are you bothered by the running in Smash? I think the run feels a little less stiff in that, at least.

@rallydefault I can't imagine anyone calling this the greatest beat-em-up of all time, to be honest. Especially not after Streets of Rage 4 last year. But it's a decent time, and I can see the overall setting and gameplay features putting it in some favourites lists. And it's definitely good for a licensed game.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

jump

Thing is you need to go back 10 years when Scott Pilgrim first came out, whilst retro indies were a thing it's not like it is today where indies are legit mainstream games. So when a new polished retro beat em up combined with a beloved geek IP comes along it got people excited.

I think it's a good game, the curve is too high and the RPG elements could be better but it satisfies and the Scott Pilgrim-ness really adds to the game itself.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@timleon
Ya. Never liked running in Smash either. Would much prefer to hold ZL

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@jump
It was certainly a different environment. The flood of stylized 8 and 16-bit "retro" games hadn't yet breached the dams, so it was a cool take and reminded a lot of people of playing a good ol' arcade beat-em-up with their friends.

rallydefault

jump

Does anyone reckon with Dragalia Lost being a hit on mobile Ninty might try doing a console version or a proper game version of it?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Magician

I see some folks concerned about MLB The Show 2021 not being announced for Switch alongside the Xbox version the other day. But I wouldn't be worried. Nintendo did tweet their enthusiasm for the series going multiplatform back in December. So I imagine a Switch port is still in the works. Like other third party games it'll probably be released later in year, allowing San Diego Studios to catch double-dippers (PS5 & Switch or XSX & Switch).

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

could not be better if Nintendo drop the 4 of Metroid Prime and replace with a subtitle, to not impact the game sales.

Only if its like Metroid Fusion and the opening still calls it Metroid Prime 4 anyway.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Bravely Default II looking wild. I love it

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH lol Elvis going full Elton John in that top-right screenshot.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

The outfits in those games look like they were copied from a Queen music video:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Shame the Direct drought has gone on so long that the Next Nintendo Direct thread went from a fun place to discuss about Nintendo's potential upcoming lineup and Direct stuff in general to a complete garbage fire.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Lol thread to thread warfare?

jump

I'm blame the mods myself, Octane lost interest in Nintendo since he got his new PS and Eel is overworked. lol

@Dezzy I now want a Queen JRPG!

Nicolai wrote:

Dezzy

jump wrote:

Octane lost interest in Nintendo since he got his new PS

Haha he is in that thread more than any Nintendo thread.

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Your efforts to maintain Nintendo Direct hype in the face of repeated disappointments is truly commendable. Long may it continue. Any chance of one today?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BruceCM

jump wrote:

I now want a Queen JRPG!

Play as Freddie ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

I just don't understand the yearning desire for a direct right now.

We have so many games releasing up through April I don't even wanna think about Directs until e3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic