Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,781 to 53,800 of 54,944

ToadBrigade

@JaxonH Wow, it just looks fantastic! You’re sure that’s a Switch game, right!? 😂 I am super excited though, it just looks like such a fun game, and it will be my first experience with this legendary franchise. The release can’t come soon enough!

Hollow Knight for Smash!
CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Golden Deer)
Splatoon 2 Campaign
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

JaxonH

@ToadBrigade
Ya, Capcom has confirmed it's all Switch footage. And you can tell if you zoom in on screenshots. You'll notice aliasing on edges and things that wouldn't be present if it was a PC build. It's just a really insanely good looking AAA exclusive

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise demo
PC: -----
PS5: -----
EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise

Jesus is Lord.

Heavyarms55

So do you guys think we're just not gonna get any more colors for pro controllers? It's been a long time since we have had any. Especially pro controllers. The last pro was SSB.

I know COVID19 and stuff is surely a thing but as far as I can tell they are still producing the existing standard colors. So how hard could it be to release a purple or blue or white set? Same for the pro?

I don't really know why, but I have always really liked having a bunch of different color controllers.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioLover92

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, they never even made simple color variations of the pro controller, just the joy-cons. I feel it's been a long time since Nintendo has made different colors of traditional controllers (the Wii U pro controller only came in black and white). Remember the Nintendo 64 controllers? Those came in a plethora of colors! Kinda wish they'd do the same thing with the Switch pro controllers, especially since they only made like three special edition variants.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

sixrings

Bowser fury is going to be just as extensive as pikman 3 and captain toads new levels. Nintendo will do the minimum to try to convince me to rebuy and keep their added ideas for sequels. The real question is why has it taken so long for a tropical freeze sequel? A new 2d mario? A new mario kart? Nintendo is releasing these ports so slow I'm sad to think the sequels won't make it out until the system is about to die.

sixrings

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I think it's that Nintendo doesn't want to distract people from the 3rd party stuff (Sephiroth is a Square Enix character, Monster Hunter Rise is a Capcom game, etc.). We've entered a new gaming generation with PS5 and Series X|S of which Nintendo will probably be doing all they can to try and keep their 3rd party partners. The March Direct Mini was very heavily focused on 3rd party games, a new Direct series (Partner Showcase) was introduced only for 3rd party games, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 That is exactly what I was talking about. N64 had a ton of colors and even GameCube had a good handful. Switch has black and 3 special editions that to my knowledge were limited time.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I choose White color as the best color for me.
Actually, i can buy custom color shell from online shop then i ask video game repairman to swap the shell with white color, like i did for my Joy Cons (i swapped the Neon Red with white color).

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I've got 2 sets of custom joycons. But that really shouldn't be needed for basic colors.

Dezzy

sixrings wrote:

Bowser fury is going to be just as extensive as pikman 3 and captain toads new levels.

I didn't play either of those. Were they extensive then?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Exactly right.

In my estimation, Nintendo is strategizing. They know PS5 and Series X is going to claim a large percentage of mindshare moving forward. And no matter how many times they publicly say they don’t pay attention to the competition... they absolutely pay attention to the competition.

Right now they’ve got a slew of high quality 3rd party exclusives, 3rd party games with Switch as lead platform, and 3rd party games they want to succeed to gain future support and marketshare.

• Sniper Elite 4
  • Immortals: Fenyx Rising
  • Doom Eternal
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Bravely Default 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Neo: The World Ends With You
  • Shin Megami Tensei III HD
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Persona 5 Strikers
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Trails of Cold Steel IV
  • Atelier Ryza 2

They’re going to give these games room to breath, while using that time to build a strong lineup for the next 3 years where competition will be much more fierce. We know the average output from Nintendo, and we know they’ve been laying low all of 2020 and the first half of 2021, at least in terms of 1st party. They’re not twiddling their thumbs. All those studios are making games. And the more time we see them lay low, the more that ammo is built up for the future. They’ve just about run out of Wii U ports. And in order to keep the pressure on moving forward, without the benefit of those ports to bolster their lineup, they’ve likely used this 18 month period to make progress on other games and get them ready so that as soon as H2 2021 hits, they begin round 2. All the studios who released games in 2017 should have their next game ready by then (4 years later) while unreleased games should be just about done.

@Dezzy
Pikmin 3 Deluxe had substantial content added, particularly for being a port. Not to mention all the quality of life changes and improvements they made. But I think they meant it in a negative way, but I don’t understand the point they were trying to make because that game did an excellent job of adding content. Captain Toad didn’t do much. But again, it was a port. They don’t have to add anything. They’re trying to sell to the 70 million switch owners, not the 13 million Wii U owners. And frankly, Bowser’s Fury looks even more substantial than anything else they’ve done to date. They put it in the title of the game for goodness sakes. You don’t put it in the title of the game if it’s not substantial.

edit
Btw, I find it ironic that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4/X1 runs about as well as Ark Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch, with routine drops to 15fps at 720p and late texture loading for characters that make them look worse than PSone models. Absolute disaster. Like, Outer Worlds Switch level disaster. Bigger, even, given the hype, the 8 million preorders and how few of them are going to be on a PC with 2080 ti or higher, or a PS5/XSX using BC.

On top of that they ruined the PC version by intentionally blocking Steam’s ability to map mouse to gyro (@Ralizah take note), which means you MUST play with sticks. No gyro is possible. Not even Steam controller works. And even with my RTX 2080 ti, I can barely hit 1440p with raytracing on (which is a must for this game, it’s night and day), and that’s even with DLSS turned on to drastically improve performance. I’m getting a refund.

Hype completely destroyed. Back to Doom Eternal and Immortals and Sniper Elite 4 on Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@Duboiss I'm guessing we won't see a new (as in non-port) game from Nintendo's internal studio's (except maaaaybe MonolithSoft) until June 2021 at the earliest. Possibly maybe even September-November.

What we will probably see is something major from HAL Laboratory (presumably a new Kirby), alongside probably another Vanpool collab (or maybe Vanpool will port over the Dillon games or something IDK what they're up to.)

TPC is going to be announcing stuff for the 25th anniversary, so expect some mix of New Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Unite, Detective Pikachu 2, a main series titles and probably some other spin-offs to come throughout the year.

Next Level Games will probably be quiet until 2022, but Camelot will probably also have a game early on this year. Probably Mario Golf, but who knows? And Platinum is quite likely to release Bayo 3 this year as well. And Intelligent Systems has released a game every year since 1998, so we can assume we'll see something from them. Quite possibly a Warioware game or a new Pushmo / Pullblox.

Good Feel has a game that's supposed to be out next year, but also suggested they were developing another contracted game as well. Since no one besides Nintendo contracts them, we can assume there's a title there too, but it's probably 2022 at the earliest since it makes the most sense to stagger development cycles.

IndiesZero is a wildcard, since they have a game basically every year, but sometimes it's partnered with Nintendo, other times Square Enix.

So yeah, chances are with the majority of their "2nd party" studios being set to have a major release this year, and plenty of major 3rd party exclusives, we won't see much from Nintendo proper. I'd say we'll see at least 6 of those I mentioned minimum next year assuming COVID delays weren't too crazy, so we can assume Nintendo can keep holding back anything they complete for awhile.

link3710

Ralizah

@JaxonH WTF

How do you even block gyro on Steam? It's just tricking the gyroscope into thinking it's a mouse. You don't even configure it in-game, but via the Steam client.

I was able to cancel my preorder at the last moment. The internal and external timelines for this project must have been way mismatched, but I bet CDPR saw the millions of preorders and decided the hit to their credibility was worth it.

At least people are actually taking them to task for it. The game's rather famously fanatical subreddit is pretty much a hate sub right now, and dear, sweet, precious, pro-gamer CDPR's newest game is getting review-bombed on metacritic.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Super Mario Galaxy/Piczle Lines DX (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

And frankly, Bowser’s Fury looks even more substantial than anything else they’ve done to date. They put it in the title of the game for goodness sakes. You don’t put it in the title of the game if it’s not substantial.

Hmmm yeah I dunno what we can infer from that. The epilogue to Xenoblade DE was pretty substantial. Took me like 13 hours to do the whole thing. But that wasn't mentioned in the title of the game.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I’m not saying substantial content must be in the title, I’m saying if you add it to the title, it’s more than likely substantial. They’re not gonna say, “Super Mario + New Expansion” and then it turns out to just be a new character or something.

@Ralizah
Steam maps mouse to gyro using virtual mouse detection, and the game has code programmed in which specifically blocks access to virtual hardware detection. You can use a controller and a REAL mouse at the same time, but not a virtual mouse. This also breaks the Steam controller since the right trackpad has mapped a virtual mouse. So the Steam controller doesn’t even work. People have tried workarounds mapping joystick to the right track pad, but it sucks, doesn’t feel right, and there’s no haptic feedback, no trackball which is CRUCIAL for the trackpad, and of course, no gyro without also mapping to joystick. It’s an absolute catastrophe. I messed around with it for a good hour, tried recommended settings from Reddit... still couldn’t find anything that felt right.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Arbor

perhaps an unpopular opinion but i would love a pro controller or joycon in the 90s-ish colored translucent plastic style.

Untitled

yes it is tacky and childish. that's the point

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

JaxonH

@Arbor
Translucent Joycon $71

There’s plenty with same color, blue, red, purple, etc. They can be found for cheap if you just shop around.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Possibly. Or maybe they just want us to think it's substantial, so lots of Wii U owners will double dip!

Pretty much worked on me. As soon as I saw there was new content, I sold my Wii U version so I could get this version instead, Lol.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I don't think we can deduce anything about the length of Bowser's Fury just by it being in the title as weren't the extra stories added onto the 3DS versions of Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story rather minimal (Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey)?

The bigger hint that Bowser's Fury is substantial is the fact 3D World + Bowser's Fury isn't a 2020 release. Switch didn't get a big holiday title this year but 3D World + Bowser's Fury could've been the big holiday title and it would've fitted in perfectly with the SMB 35th anniversary celebrations but it's launching in February which suggests Bowser's Fury may have been substantial enough that it got delayed out of 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic