Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,621 to 53,640 of 69,983

JaxonH

@rallydefault
That's reasonable speculation, but even if true, you don't know which forum they keep tabs on, the time frame they read it, or if it would even get passed along anyways.

So, commandeering and transforming discussion boards into customer complaint outlets not only interferes with the genuine discussions on said board, it does so for a tiny statistical probability of successfully passing info along when far better avenues are available (social media, actual customer service websites). 100% chance of derailing discussion, 0.0001% chance of actually communicating opinions to a company. Not a good tradeoff (again, particularly when other, superior avenues are available).

Not that you were making that argument. But ya.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Right. I doubt they look at forums like this. I was talking moreso your big social media platforms and in some cases game-specific forums like for an MMO or a game-as-service like Anthem.

If anybody at Nintendo would ever look at something outside those social media hubs, it would maybe just be the main news articles of places like this. And most likely it would just be because the employee in question is a gamer and keeps up with stuff like us! lol

rallydefault

sixrings

@JaxonH first of all people have a right to be upset and not thrilled with every decision Nintendo makes. Second of all a forum is where people are allowed to have conversations about such disappointment. If you are all aboard the Nintendo train and happiness carry on and don’t let others disappointment and posts bother you. No one is trolling. We simply like Nintendo the majority of the time but other times are less than thrilled.

Do I think that Nintendo and or major companies try to follow things like the internet and Twitter to gage public perception. Yes I do. You do not need to believe that but you can’t prove that they are not. I cannot prove they do either I’ll admit. But I don’t think it matters since I’m not the one raging at others for having opposite beliefs. I never resort to name calling like fanboys while repeatedly I am referred to by you as a troll or basement dweller. Just to let you know I own multiple basements.

Ultimately you seem to think it’s your place to put everyone else in their place. You’re right. You didn’t give me or anyone else a ticket. But my god do you like to judge. And then you back it up by saying I’m going to call crap out and I’d want it pointed out if I said anything dumb. First of all you never believe you say any crap so god knows no one can correct you. And second you are acting like you speak for the entire community. I didn’t know when we gave you that power or when you thought you got that power. Either way it’s ridiculous. That’s the crap I’m calling you out on.

Just block me if you can’t be civil and move on. But I’m tired of your judgement.

sixrings

JaxonH

@sixrings
I'm not even going to read the rest of your post because the first two things you said were completely fabricated strawmans. You need to come correct if you want to have a discussion. It's like, you cant rebut my argument so you're fantasizing a completely different argument I never made so you can attack that instead.

Case in point:

first of all people have a right to be upset and not thrilled with every decision Nintendo makes

100% agreed. Nowhere did I claim otherwise.

Second of all a forum is where people are allowed to have conversations about such disappointment

Again, 100% agreed. Nowhere did I claim otherwise. In fact, if you read my comment from 2 posts ago, I SPECIFICALLY SAID if you want to discuss things rather than dump your bucket list of complaints to advertise to some mythical Nintendo rep supposedly reading all your comments, that's a different story. This was clearly never about criticism.

Nowhere, and in no way, shape or form, did I make the argument, "people dont have the right to ever be upset with Nintendo, and they dont have the right to discuss it either". That's utterly preposterous. You and I both know good and well my argument was against commandeering a discussion forum for your personal use as a customer complaint submission, which IS what you were arguing in favor of. We have your posts in your own words to prove it.

So right off the bat, everything you said was a false claim, and I can only assume the rest of your comment follows suit. And I dont have the time nor the interest to refute repeated false claims of arguments I never made in the first place.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@sixrings
Theres nothing worse than when an irrational, illogical person who loses an argument then resorts to taking jabs at the other person's religion in a last ditch attempt to save face. Same thing the other guy did.

You dont know what you're talking about, you're making irrational arguments, you resort to strawmanning and false claims when you realize you've lost the argument on grounds of logic, and then you make some weird post referencing Biblical characters as if you're sharing some morsel of wisdom and moral superiority.

And thats where the line is drawn. Because you're right. There's not enough room for the both of us. Because logic and anti-logic cannot co-exist. Blocked

link3710

@JaxonH Okay I have to ask. What the heck is whinging? At first I thought it was a typo of whining but then you kept saying it.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Bellowing on and on about something, one could say.

@NintendoByNature
Already done.

You can lay out a sound argument step by step, but when someone just categorically refuses to follow the logic for themselves, then resorts to fallacies in some vain effort to appear "right", what more can you do? Idk if it's just an age thing, but the "I'm so morally righteous because I complain" people are so abundant nowadays. "And the more I complain, the more righteous I am- if only you blind lesser beings didnt shame anyone who criticizes Nintendo"

They love acting as if anyone who makes a fair criticism in good faith discussion is oppressed by a legion of fanboys with a zero-criticism policy. They can't discern, or rather, they expect others to not be able to discern the difference between that and trolling under the guise of fair criticism. It must be on page 1 of the forum troll's guide to the galaxy or something.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I see you are punching hard with the logic fu today.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH it's the same in politics too. I keep having friends refer me to some personality or other who's supposed to be really good, and I can dismantle their arguments within minutes every time because they just strawman boogie man the opposing side.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
The problem with politics is there's rarely a desire to seek truth impartially, wherever that may lead. Most people have been brainwashed into a partisan "my side good, other side bad" and so, are easily manipulated. Because everything they view, they do so through the lens of their presuppositions. It's easily to believe such and such because after all it fits the narrative I've bought into. Such and such cant be true, because it's the other side making the argument. And everyone knows the other side is always wrong about everything and is only saying so out of evil intent.

I love having political discussions but it's hard in today's climate because the propaganda is so overwhelming and biased, one way or the other, in every facet of media. So people rarely hear both sides (or they hear a carefully crafted version of one side and an intentionally misrepresented version of the other), nor do they have any interest in doing so.

I want to hear the best version of the argument from each side, and then make a determination according to my own logic and conscience. I don't want to hear one or both side's argument represented as a strawman, or a weak version. I want to base my beliefs on what's truly best, wherever that may come from.

There are some free thinking sites and Youtuber's I've found that dont conform to the expected narratives of culture, promote free speech and do not try to suppress speech of opposing viewpoints. And I have other sources that are biased on each side, but that dont demonize the other and have high level intellectual discussions with the best thinkers of the other side. And they have wine by a fireplace and have deep discussions, not as opponents but as comrades who are genuinely seeking truth. I love that.

Edited on by JaxonH

toiletduck

During my TV calibration endeavors these past few days I stumbled upon many people claiming Switch and 4k TVs will never work and 'you'd better go handheld' as a result.

I just can't believe these people:
<edit: movie deleted>

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH lol I hear ya. Sometimes it's best to just roll onwards instead of time wasting. Especially considering he typically looks to get a rise out of people. Its one thing to have some decent conversations or even differing opinions, but as soon as they mock you because of a religion, just check out. Not even worth a reply.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

link3710

@JaxonH Eh yeah. But I think what always keeps me from actually considering both sides is that if I listen to 'the other side' long enough it always turns into a 'People like me should be dead / not exist' behind their argument, and I don't like subjecting myself to that. Too depressing.

@toiletduck I've never really understood that. The Switch with mClassic looks fantastic on my 4K TV, better than the (base) PS4 sometimes. It's not that difficult to get it looking good, even if I did spend a half a day messing with settings when I first got the TV.

link3710

sixrings

@toiletduck I did. I thought it was excessive even though I sometimes am a church goer myself. I understand there’s going to be different views. Which I’m ok with. Maybe it’s all in my head but I feel talked down to by a few people in these forums. Anyways we’re never going to agree even though I think both of us think we’re open to hearing the others sides. Perhaps we know each other so well from so many encounters that when we come to the conversation we already can picture what the other is going to say and consequently we already have our backs up. Maybe we aren’t actually open to hearing the other person. Which is why I said we should just go out separate ways and then “ignore” each other. sorry to the thread for going to far with my comments.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

sixrings

@link3710 I really want a mclassic but if a pro is around the corner I’m going to save my monies for that. Good to hear like dizzy you seem to enjoy your cable. Every time I hear someone give it a thumbs up I get tempted a bit more.

sixrings

JaxonH

@link3710
Mmm. I can appreciate that. And ya, that’s a problem. Definitely lot of that going around nowadays. It’s getting harder and harder to find voices of reason that aren’t soiled by the stench of vitriol. But they are out there, I assure you. We may not see it in our primary political arena but if you dig under the surface, you’ll find reason and logic without resentment and hatred toward any who disagree. It’s just a shame you have to search those people out. They should be more prominent. There’s always two sides to any issue, and we only deceive ourselves by depriving our intellect of differing perspectives. It took me a long time to realize that. Academia used to teach people how to think critically, but nowadays it only teaches people how to think. That and most media where people get their info is constantly demonizing those who hold different views (both sides, this isn’t exclusive to one or the other). Rage content sells. It gets clicks. And it teaches its readership “you are the good guy, they are evil”. Is it any wonder then so many people are intolerant of differing viewpoints? Everyone thinks they’re right and anyone who disagrees is not only wrong, but a villain, or just too ignorant to know any better.

@link3710 @toiletduck
There’s a number of games that really do look fantastic when docked. Not every game looks exceptional, mind you, but many do. The most recent example of this is Monster Hunter Rise. Obviously games that go for realism aren’t going to look perfect running on a Switch. But the imperfections are small enough that you don’t notice them when sitting a normal viewing distance from the TV. I think MH Rise is one of the best looking games on the system, even docked. Half the comments in the trailers were people asking if it’s World DLC or downright refusing to believe it was running on a base model Switch. Yet the graphics have consistently been a vector of criticism from those who I can only surmise are sour about the game being on Switch. Like, how can a game look so good people refuse to believe it’s running on Switch, and people mistake for World DLC, yet be criticized for its graphics? The contradiction is so preposterous. Are you saying it doesn’t look as good as World? Ya, ok. Agreed. Who in their right mind expected a handheld game to look as good as World? The fact anyone mis-took it as content for that game, even at cursory glance, speaks volumes for just how graphically impressive this title is.

Sniper Elite 4 was another seriously impressive Switch game when docked. And almost all of Nintendo’s first party content. And basically every 7th gen AAA game (Borderlands games and Bioshock games? Muah!) There are some games that do take a significant downgrade on the TV, don’t get me wrong. But some people act like every game is like that.

Edited on by JaxonH

toiletduck

@sixrings allright, I must say that's decent of you. I came to know you on these forums a little bit now and to be honest, I had to get used to your tone from time to time too. Personally I tend to stay out of overheated arguments because I have enough of those at work 😉 if you zoom out of your discussions with Jax you can probably see what's going wrong. From my view it's probably about phrasing an opinion a little harsher than intended, leading to a reaction on this harsher standpoint. Before you know it, it's USA vs North Korea instead of South vs West Dakota 😉 I think you guys don't really stand that far apart, but you seem to be polarizing unintentionally. In case of Jax, he may come of somewhat judgmental but he never intends to offend anyone personally or to come of superior. Actually,
I know for a fact he's not judgemental at all and he's open to all sorts of opinions, as long as ypur arguments are supported properly His knowledge on debating may come of as judgemental, but I know for a fact that he has the best intentions. And to be honest - even though you may seem a bit negative every now and then, I have the feeling your intentions aren't far off.

@JaxonH I hope you don't mind meddling like this. I mean well. I just hate it when a discussion between two people derails in an argument when I have the feeling that both people mean well.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic