Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,141 to 53,160 of 53,696

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 Oh I mean Heroes Paradise. The enhanced port of NMH1 that came out on Xbox 360 and PS3

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry Ah okay, thank you! Forgot for a moment that would technically be an HD remaster since it was only a year or two after it first came out.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Ralizah

Tried out the cloud version of Control, and I still HATE cloud gaming. It's especially a bad idea on Switch. There's always these little microstutters and input latency that makes the experience feel terrible.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

redd214

@Ralizah works fine on my end. Not interested in control but gave it a shot and it was virtually flawless.

Though it's highly unlikely, really made me long for Xcloud on the Switch, would be a perfect match! So many possibilities of games that I would love to play handheld if this goes well.

redd214

FragRed

Has anyone tried/played the No More Heroes games yet? I have never played when they came out on Wii and I know these are remastered versions of both of those games so I just wondered whether they required the Joy Cons to play them or can they also be played with normal controls which would be my preferred method if given the chance.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

I gotta say, I’m REALLY impressed with Control! I can’t even really tell I’m not playing natively. It’s that good. Even less lag than many Switch games I’ve played (if you’ve played Alien Isolation, a very good native Switch game, it has less lag than that). I mean, I can ever so slightly tell, but only if I’m looking for it. If I was told it was a native game, I wouldn’t think anything out of the ordinary.

This was my first true streaming experience, and honestly, it’s been enlightening. Of course I would always prefer native games but if certain games can’t run on the system I’d definitely take a streaming version over nothing. It requires Internet which means you’ll probably want to play at home, but how is that any different from a PS or Xbox anyways? Those have to be played at home, too. And at least you can still play handheld at home. So it at LEAST offers the versatility of Wii U (more, actually, since it’s not limited to a 20 foot tether). And I may even test it on mobile hotspot at work tomorrow, just to see.

Some games just wouldn’t be able to run well on Switch. And with Stadia, XCloud and even Nvidia and Steam doing streaming now, with tons of people opting for streaming over consoles, why not leverage that to get some of these games on Switch? This experience has led me to reevaluate and... ya. This is a great solution. It’s basically using Stadia technology to turn Switch into a home console alternative PLUS being the hybrid device with native games it already is. It just makes Switch that much more appealing. No need to buy Stadia starter kits with Chromecast and Stadia controller, all that junk. Nope. Just do it on Switch. It’s ready to go. And because Switch is a hybrid device, it covers TV play streaming AND handheld streaming, without using silly phones with controller attachments.

Even though I’m buying Control on Steam for the gyro once it releases, I had to buy this. It works too well and frankly, since I am always using my Switch, I’m probably going to be more likely to play it if I have access on this system..

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

I love the streaming option. I don’t have the best internet in the world, but I would rather see Nintendo working with third parties to provide solutions while still giving Nintendo the freedom to make hardware that is affordable, innovative and they don’t have to sell at a loss (as that is a big no no for Nintendo). If third parties find some footing then they may make games optimized for Nintendo hardware next time around.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

It’s also a great opportunity for some of these bigger AAA devs to gage demand.

Believe it or not, Control has already surpassed Hades in the eShop best sellers list. Keep in mind, it’s been available for like, Idk, 8 hours? That’s INSANE. And yes, I know it’s a free 5 minute trial and yes, people will be curious to try streaming, but even so, topping the #1 game in the Official List in 8 hours is a spectacular performance, and even if only a small percentage actually follow through with buying the game, what’s important here is that it shows interest. It sends a message to the developer and publisher that a crap load of people are interested in the game. They know a much lower percentage of people will actually follow through with buying a streaming game. But the fact so many people are actually downloading it tells them there is significant interest on this platform for their products. And that’s a very good thing.

We all know the majority of AAA games releasing on other platforms can’t run on Switch, or if they did, they’d look and run like Outer Worlds. Those games are essentially off the table... or at least, they were until now. If the games can’t run natively, then why not add them as a streaming option? Streaming is the future, after all (regardless of whether Google screwed up with Stadia). 20 years from now, half the gamers out there will be streaming their games rather than buying a Playstation or Xbox. It plays the same games with comparable visual fidelity, after all, but with Netflix-like convenience. It may be a ways away, but it is inevitable (and no, it’ll never take over consoles entirely, but it will gain significant marketshare). And since those consoles are constrained to the house anyways, cloud versions of games aren’t really any different. There’s some downsides, but there’s also upsides, such as, not taking up precious storage space and no waiting for downloads. And saves stored on the cloud.

I say keep em coming. Getting cloud versions of all these games would essentially turn the Switch into a PS5- AAA games with high visual fidelity that can only be played at home... except we’d ALSO have an entire library of native hybrid handheld console games on top of that, so then it has all the appeal of Switch AND the appeal of what a power console offers. Heck, if they added gyro and Switch actually got all the other games as cloud versions, it might even convince me I don’t need a PC anymore. I could legitimately go Switch only.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

I don't mind streaming for games that'll absolutely never run on the system, but my concern is, if successful, the streaming solution will replace proper native ports to the hardware for more demanding stuff. Even if streaming games worked well for me, I didn't buy a hybrid system to just be tethered to a Wi-Fi connection. The entire appeal of having mildly compromised ports like The Witcher 3 and DOOM on the system is being able to freely play them anywhere.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Grumblevolcano

I honestly think DOOM Eternal might be a cloud version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@JaxonH Yeah I'm torn. I probably won't download solely because I don't want to support cloud gaming, because that will inevitably mean we'll stop getting versions of games that could easily be ported to run natively. But Control does have my interest.

@FragRed Only been playing the first so far, but it's fully playable in portable mode without detached Joy-Cons. So I'd assume any controller will work? I do see an option for motion controls in the menu, but it's greyed out in portable mode.

Also, I can confirm blood is still in the NA version... which shouldn't surprise anyone, but I'm sure someone is wondering.

link3710

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I honestly think DOOM Eternal might be a cloud version.

Once again, there's no apparent reason Doom Eternal would not be on Switch in the exact same manner as the last game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 I dunno, if they couldn't get the port working it'd be one way to actually release it. We might not be getting anymore real third party ports past this point.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

Oh boy it looks like those RE3 Cloud Version datamines returned in full force

Now that this is definitely becoming a more common fixture on the platform heading into next-gen, I have a feeling we might actually see the full fat RE Engine titles from Capcom make it over, as well as potentially stuff like Kingdom Hearts III, NiER Automata and Final Fantasy VII Remake since they are obviously way too graphically intense to run natively on the console

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

I wonder if Nintendo dabbling with cloud gaming in the west is a litmus test for Xbox Game Pass?

Probably not, but it's interesting to think about.

Switch Physical Collection - 670 games (as of November 25th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

TheFrenchiestFry

I doubt they're putting Game Pass on any other consoles period. Series X/S are meant to be their gaming hardware vehicle for Game Pass, while PC and mobile compliment it.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

@TheFrenchiestFry

No disagreement, I just find the cloud gaming situation on Switch mildly dubious.

It feels as though more is coming than just RE 3 Remake.

Switch Physical Collection - 670 games (as of November 25th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

TheFrenchiestFry

@Magician I have a feeling the other REmakes and potentially other RE Engine games will show up on Switch now like DMC5 and RE Village. I also think FFXV's likelihood of being on Switch just greatly increased now that it's known they actually tried porting the game natively but the Switch just couldn't handle it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if FFVII Remake got similar treatment after the 1 year PlayStation exclusivity period is up, and this applies to future VII Remake games as well

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

I'd imagine the cloud games coming to the Switch will be the same as the ones on Google and Amazon's thingy majiggers. Which surprisingly doesn't include GTA 5.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ToadBrigade

@jump But what about all of the people that want to buy GTA V for the fifteenth time? Whatever will they do?

Hollow Knight for Smash!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic