Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 53,121 to 53,140 of 70,008

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ah, appreciate the info. Ya, I think I saw one of those. And I didnt understand the science, except the bottom line of certain things youd expect to see were observed. But I also saw a counter argument from scientists who made a similarly convincing claim (inasmuch that I couldnt understand the science, but the arguments seemed equally plausible but on the opposite spectrum). Which is why I have refrained from forming a conclusive belief one way or the other, but instead have maintained it as a "as-of-yet unconfirmed possibility".

I hadn't heard of links to Bannon, or the group you're referring to. I think the claim should be evaluated on what the Chinese scientist said (unless you're saying she had links to Bannon and it was before she came out with her statement? If that's the case I'd have a hard time trusting her claims- I'll have to read those later when I get home).

In the end, I dont think it matters much either way. Not sure why some get so emotionally vested into it being natural or not natural though, as if "their side" says one thing and if it turns out to not be the case it means "their side" was wrong and they dont want to ever admit their side is wrong in anything. As long as we approach everything with an open mind, and are willing to modify our beliefs as new information comes to light, we'll find the truth.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Doesn't say what time for the demo. Just says "confirmed January 8th UK time".

So depending on the time will determine the NA release. Central time is 6 hrs behind UK time, so if it drops at noon tomorrow itll be available at 6am central. If its midnight, itll be in just over 2 yrs from now.

We need clarification.

That presentation though... wow. Unbelievable!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/artificial-coronavirus-study-linked...

Bannon is the chairman of one of the non-profits behind the Rule of Law Foundation referenced by the paper.

Additionally, the Rule of Law Foundation is an explicitly anti-CCP organization.

Is that enough to de facto discredit the paper on its own? Maybe not. But it's reason to be deeply suspicious, considering they're connected to and funded by entities that are interested in making the Chinese government look bad.

Then consider the papers weren't peer-reviewed.
And that claims in it contradict what other professionals in the field are saying.
And that it's being presented in a sensationalistic way on right-wing TV programs.

This is why the level of distrust of our institutions right now is so dangerous. Not that I don't understand such distrust, given clear corporate media bias, government institutions lying to us, etc. But a democracy will eat itself alive if conspiracies run rampant. We saw that with yesterday's seditious attack on congress, which, frankly, makes us look like a failed state. I've never been so embarrassed to be an American in my life.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

@JaxonH actually most of those errors are normal which happen every year but canvassing catches then, the fact you’re even spotting them is proof of canvassing working. The rest is propaganda with third parties (some Trump even chose) saying it was actually a secure election plus he has been unable to produce any sort of evidence of fraud hence the multiple failed legal attempts.

The truth is he was lucky to win the first time, was unpopular during his time and then lost but he needs to create a narrative to keep himself relevant.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@JaxonH Keep in mind, Nintendo isn't new to coprocessors. The Wii used one alongside the GCN cpu (Starlet), I believe the 3DS used the original DS CPU as a coprocessor (and the main CPU during BC), and I know the DS used the GBA's CPU as a coprocessor.

...which now that I'm writing it all down, I wonder which CPU will be the coprocessor this time. The new one, or the old one?

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

Demo for CrisTales is up.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@link3710
Lol, maybe rjejr was right and it really will play 3DS games. Flip top Switch with dual screen, uses for HD 3DS games.

Sounds so ludicrous

URGENT EDIT

The Monster Hunter Rise demo is out!

I repeat...

The Monster Hunter Rise demo is out now!

Go! Go! Go!!!

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, just played some of the Monster Hunter Rise demo. This game is epic beyond epic BEYOND EPIC! It’s beyond epic! Idk what else to say, this is the best video game I’ve ever played. EVER. It’s better than Monster Hunter World, if you can believe it. And it’s easily the best looking video game ever released on Switch, and even in handheld mode, it looks so incredibly good. It’s hard to believe. It really is. Idk how they did it.

YOU CAN DRIFT WITH YOUR DOGGO. How cool is that?!! And you get a speed boost like Mario Kart after drifting! It has not one but TWO tutorial quests teaching new players the game mechanics, one devoted entirely to RIDING MONSTERS. Which ya, that’s a thing now. They overhauled the mounting mechanic.

There’s an entire page of options, scrollable there’s so many, JUST FOR GYRO. X axis console, Y axis console, X axis handheld, Y axis handheld, camera movement, only for aiming, gyro for riding monsters... it’s nuts. I turned it on, but off for camera movement. And turned off auto sheath (Idk why anyone would want the game auto sheathing for them?).

If you are a Nintendo Switch owner (and if you’re reading this, there’s a pretty good chance you are), you owe it to yourself to play this demo. Don’t do it for me, DO IT FOR YOU! And if your exhaust the 30 quest demo limit, guess what, deleting the save data for the demo resets the counter, so... it’s unlimited 😁

Ryu_Niiyama

Cham Cham and Hibiki announced for samsho! I was hoping Hibiki would be the Last Blade rep. Welp got a new main!!!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MPSSislit

@Ryu_Niiyama
CrisTales already has a demo, so I'm really confused. (Unless they released a new demo and I didn't hear about it). 🤔
I believe it's been up for a while as well.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Rexcalibr

JaxonH wrote:

@Rexcalibr
It’s only fair you complete from every checkpoint. If you think it’s frustrating and you’re the one who created it, imagine how frustrating it would be for other people? The system is specifically designed to weed out courses like yours, because nobody wants to play a course that hard. That’s not fun. It might be fun for the person who created it to sit there and laugh at people who can’t beat it, but that’s not the point of uploading a course, the point is to provide fun for others. If you designed the course and even you can’t beat it, what the heck makes you think other people are going to be able to? Or even want to try?

The only nightmare would be if they didn’t force every course to be proven as beatable from every checkpoint. Nobody would want to play this game if people were uploading courses like that. Your post only serves as a reminder that the system is working as intended for the rest of us. Because when you upload of course it’s not for you, it’s for the rest of us. And the rest of us want nothing to do with a course that the creator can’t even beat, even with black doors only they know about, because it’s so hard.

I know this response is super late but thank you for explaining this. I sucked at making levels 6 months ago but now I'm 5 levels away from finishing my world and it's turning out great, I've gotten quite a few levels in the popular tab and sticking to a traditional style. Ceave gaming and other youtubers helped me a lot.

Rexcalibr

JaxonH

@Rexcalibr
At first I had no idea who wrote that post. Was like, wait... was that me?

Then I remembered writing it for Mario Maker 2. Ya. I didn’t mean to be harsh but I didn’t know any other way to explain it. I’m glad you’ve taken the time to re-evaluate level design and sounds like you put in some serious work to improve. That’s commendable. Well done..

Grumblevolcano

So the MH Rise demo caused the eshop to be down for nearly 10 hours, given how much eshop trouble Smash DLC releases cause I wonder if a Monster Hunter fighter in Smash would set a new record for eshop downtime which is currently set by the release of Pokemon Bank in Japan back in 2013.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i 10.000%agree with you, i just played one hour of the demo and was blown away how amazing it was(i played in Handheld Mode, how can i remove that red arrow?) i loved how resposive and beautiful the game is(even the hammer is not slower anymore), my birthday present is garanteed, i can't wait to play Monster Hunter Rise in my birthday in early april.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Settings. It’s right there in the game settings.

• Hit + for menu
  • Use R to tab all the way over to the right
  • Select “Options*
  • In “Game Settings”, the second option listed is “Targeting Arrow”. Set to “Hide”.

jedgamesguy

JaxonH wrote:

Btw, I really appreciate the members on this site. I've had so many mature discussions about topics where people normally get emotionally attached to their opinions. I really enjoy discussion where different views are presented in a friendly discussion but without the ideological tunnel vision, and with an open mindedness to seek the truth without demonizing anyone with a different view. I think we could solve world hunger if they put the NintendoLife forum members in charge of the world. We'd at least accomplish more than the current lot of top brass 😁

Ditto. Absolutely ditto. Never could I write five paragraphs about Xenoblade Chronicles and get into a cancel-culture argument. It's been the polar opposite of toxic, and it's genuinely rewarding to be able to respond and be responded to on similar wavelengths.

On that note @JaxonH I've heard a lot of good things about MHR. I was pressured into getting Genshin on PS5, so any more praise for this game, combined with a drought of AAA Nintendo games and I might just get it. The first part's guaranteed with you though!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

rallydefault

If the controls are a bit more responsive for Rise, I might give the demo a try. My biggest complaint with Monster Hunter games has been that I feel the controls are a bit stiff. Not sluggish like Dark Souls, but just not super fluid.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Canhas

I just started Children of Morta and maaaaan, the soundtracks and the voice off are so goooood!

Canhas

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic