Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,241 to 52,260 of 70,008

jump

@JaxonH I think you're taking things to heart a bit too much, a rebuttal is not the same thing as being hostile.

If you're enjoying Battlegrounds great, I literally never said you can't or are "wrong" to. I'm simply disagreeing that the N64 era wrestling games being arcade like as they are well known for being sims.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@jump
You can classify them as you see fit. But "sims" of the 90s feel more like arcady games today. Today's sims are not the same. They go much, much deeper now. Which is why the games I remember playing feel closer to this than WWE 2K18. It's not exactly the same. I cant spin around with someone on my shoulders like I could then, but it still feels like a more similar experience.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

@JaxonH Honestly I think you should find an emulation of WWF No Mercy and give it a go again. I was still playing it a few years ago, I can't remember when exactly I last played it (I was creating CAWs for the 4 Horsewomen so probably about 2/3 years ago) so it's still relatively fresh in mind.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@jump
I'd love too, but I'd really prefer playing on Switch. The smaller screen helps N64 games look way better. Theyll never release it on Switch though. I have an N64 emulator on PC though. Cant remember if I have the game or not.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

Super Mario Galaxy is just a joy. It’s my favorite game of all time and replaying it just reminds me of that. Platforming perfection and the art style still is as beautiful as day 1. Words don’t describe what I feel for this game. Just amazing!

Qwertyninty

kkslider5552000

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

with 3 milions units sold in just a week, Hyrule Warriors:Age of Calamity is the best selling Warriors/Musou game of all time(insert obrigatory gif of Switch print money).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/hyrule_warriors_age...

I'm genuinely stunned at this. I thought it was going to do well (like Link's Awakening, maybe), but I never predicted this. Excellent news.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

God Eater 3 is currently $14.99. How good of a series is it? I'm not all that familiar with it and videos I've seen look like a hack n slash RPG. Seems pretty good but I wanted some opinions on if I should jump in not knowing much about the series now that its on a deep discount.

I guess toss dragons dogma into that pool too..dont know anything about either series.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Duboiss

And the guy is trustworthy he was right about a lot of things including release date and direct date and he leaked Zelda Link’s awakening remake on switch @Giancarlothomaz

Duboiss

JaxonH

Don’t listen to that guy. He’s not a legit leaker, and to my knowledge has not actually leaked anything for himself. King Zell was the one who originally leaked a 2D Zelda was coming all the way back in early 2019. Like that Marcus Sellers guy, these kinds of guys piggy back off the real leakers and pretend it was their own.

Guarantee Nintendo isn’t doing anything with Advance Wars. That right there is the red flag (not to mention the real leakers never have lists of 30 games anyways- they divulge one or maybe a couple at a time).

@NintendoByNature
It’s a good series. But can’t even remotely compare to Monster Hunter. For $15 I’d definitely say it’s worth it. It really is a fun game. It’s just... compared to MH nothing measures up.

As long as it doesn’t put you off from playing MH Rise, I’d say ya, go for it.

As for Dragon’s Dogma, I love that game. It’s like Monster Hunter x Skyrim x Dark Souls x Shadow of the Colossus (but not soul crushingly difficult). That’s a definite buy. It’s not a perfect game but the gameplay is incredible.

Dragons Dogma is yes, yes yes.

Both games are excellent Switch ports, btw.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH hmm now I have a decision between the two. Im leaning towards GE3 though. DD has my attention as I like the world and setting of dark souls but wasn't good enough at it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Just to be clear, Dragons Dogma is not like Dark Souls in difficulty, the similarity is in how it feels with enemies and combat. The style of approach only.
Not to say the game is a pushover, but Dark Souls it is not.

Watch this video first before deciding

ACG Review

Bonus: Gaijin Hunter Silly Twitter Clips Loving The Game

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH combat looks cool but im also sure that guy made it look alot easier than I ever would. Boss fights look epic for sure though. I really can't decide which one. But im not all that crazy about being truly lost at what to do or hitting difficulty spikes all too often like I did in DS. I just read on some sites it CAN be as hard as DS if you don't know what you're doing. Which knowing me, can easily happen. I love the look of the game but im worried ill be crushed. Might go with GE3

NintendoByNature

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see, just like someone claming that after 15 years, Nintendo is gonna release on Switch a new F-Zero game, something like that?i i should have know that many of the games mentioned in his tweet, sound too much, like fan whish list sorry for that.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

Just bought AI: The Somnium Files digitally on sale. I didn’t have any good visual novels digitally for permanent 24/7 access, and I try to keep a well balanced portfolio of every possible genre on Switch. It’s really good, and it has 3D model puzzle exploration elements. I played some of the game when it first released and I bought it physically but I’m starting to get further into it now and I’m really digging the characters. Love Boss and Aiba. So good.

And Sniper Elite 4 just keeps getting better. I’m starting to feel like it’s my favorite shooter on Switch. But I’m getting tired of that Gyro glitch on the Switch Lite. Every time I wake up from sleep mode the Gyro is sticky again, and I have to close the game and reboot the system and re-open the game to fix it. Happens with every single game that has Gyro on the switch lite. I’m just going to start playing my normal switch in handheld mode. It adds rumble plus it has a way longer battery life and no issues with Gyro.

@Giancarlothomaz
It’s not your fault you fell for someone else’s deceit. A lot of people who don’t follow leaks fall for it.

Thankfully his name had come up before when he was exposed as a fraud the last time someone brought him up. I just recognized the name.

@NintendoByNature
Hey, GE3 is a good game too. Really can’t go wrong with either. I do think Dragon’s dogma is absolutely top-tier though, and nowhere even remotely as challenging as Dark Souls. It’s not even in the same league difficulty wise. Plus it’s an actual RPG where you can level up to balance difficulty as needed. But it is a skill-based game like monster hunter. If you can land the game for 15 bucks I’d say buy it anyways just because it’s so cheap. The risk reward payoff is too good at that point. I don’t know how much it’s on sale for though but, just saying.

I think God Eater 3 is a solid pick too though. If you like the MH formula for non-MH games. I really enjoyed God Eater 3, but it always just makes me want to play MH instead

Grumblevolcano

I guess it makes sense now why the 3DS version of Super Mario Maker was used in the SMB 35th anniversary promo, the Wii U version is being taken offline:

Can't share courses after March 31st 2021 and the Wii U version is being removed from the eshop on January 13th 2021.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Super-Mario-Maker-8927...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gerald

According to Wikipedia, Arcade Archives have announced loads of new Titles coming soon. Some real gems from Taito here including Arkanoid, Operation Wolf / Thunderbolt, Rainbow Islands, The New Zealand Story.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_Archives

Edit: they have been removed. Coming soon now reduced 16 games from over 100, guess it was too good to be true, bast##ds

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic