Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,101 to 52,120 of 70,025

Ralizah

So PC gets Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter Rise, AND Monster Hunter Stories 2?

In addition to all multiplats, Octopath Traveler, all the Ys games, all the Trails games, Persona 4 Golden, (likely) more Atlus ports to come, all Microsoft games, select Sony first party games.

Meanwhile, the new GPUs are blowing the next-gen consoles out of the water.

Good time to be a PC gamer.

Rise and Stories 2 will be Switch purchases for me, though. I REALLY like portable Monster Hunter, and they're built with the hardware in mind, so they should run well enough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Most definitely. PC has earned its place as the platform to be for high graphics TV gaming. Even MH World on PS5 which I tested yesterday, at 4k 60fps, didnt look as good as on my PC. It looked great, but still noticeably worse. And I'm still using a 2080 ti. Definitely plan to grab a 3080 down the line, especially since my GPU is a blower model and is really loud. I'm gonna get an EVGA 3080 with 3 fans that's much more quiet.

PC getting all the console exclusives is fantastic though. All the Switch exclusives can go to PC, as all the PS exclusives are now going to PC. Switch gamers will benefit more though. I think more of us own PCs than PS gamers, since it's less redundant.

But ya, definitely still a Switch purchase. Aside from looking spectacular on the system, offering handheld play, instant transition to TV play and local wireless, it's also coming out very soon, has amiibo support and will have tons of Nintendo crossover content like always. It's a modern AAA portable MH that's actually designed with portable play in mind, down to the maps themselves and how long it takes to find a monster. Even better, its hybrid. That's an absolute must have. Being able to play portably is huge, but having the ability to jump back and forth between TV is the most appealing aspect of MH Rise. There's a reason countless MH fans weren't 100% satisfied with MH World. It wasnt because it was a bad game, it was the fact it wasn't on a hybrid system. The whole point of Rise existing is to offer a hybrid handheld MH experience. Spent so many countless hours playing with my brother locally on 3DS and Switch. I love bringing Switch to work and hunting monsters too. I'm getting new tires after work today. Sure wish I had MH Rise to play for the 2 hours I'm there. Ah well.

Say, will my Motherboard be compatible with a 3080 if it currently has a 2080 ti? I imagine it would be given how recent it is.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i told you and everyone that Monster Hunter Rise e Monster Hunter Stories 2 would not be Switch exclusive, Capcom is not dumb to waste money in console who sales of this games is not garanteed to be sucefull, at least this is good news, that now everyone will enjoy Monster Hunter Rise e Monster Hunter Stories 2, because surely if Capcom only released this games on Switch, it would be surely a flop.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

link3710

@Giancarlothomaz ...Based on what? It's probably going to sell more on Switch than PC. Stories isn't exactly aimed at the PC gaming demographic.

link3710

NintendoByNature

I'll prob grab MH rise honestly which will be a series first for me. I cant be the only one thinking that way after seeing the trailer

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
1 You said theyd release it multiplat. A separate PC-only release isnt exactly multiplat. Virtually all console-exclusives end up on PC. There is still no PS version. There is still no Xbox version.

2 You're smoking crack if you think this game would flop. You have no idea what you're talking about. Monster Hunter was selling 4-5 million on 3DS ALONE. Rise will likely break records for most units sold on a single console in franchise history. Seriously my guy, you need to stop with this baseless fantasy you've dreamed up. Hell will freeze over before Rise flops on Switch. And we have hard data to prove it.

3 Not "everyone" will get to play Rise just because it gets a late PC release. The vast majority of gamers play on consoles, and the vast majority of Rise sales will be on Switch. Will some more people now have access? Absolutely. And that's a good thing. Makes Switch exclusives even more viable and less dependent on PS/Xbox versions if they can cash in on PC on the side. But that doesnt mean "everyone" gets to play now. The same PS and Xbox fans will still be complaining because they're still missing out. Oh well. Too bad so sad. Plenty of Switch gamers miss out on games that dont come to Switch, and they complain to no avail.

3 It doesnt matter if "people are angry". Theres always gonna be people angry every time a game skips their platform. It happens all the time. Name one single game that didn't release everywhere, where nobody was "angry" about it. Plenty of people were angry MH World didn't come to Switch. Didnt matter. If all it takes is a dozen angry twitter zealots to sway a company's release plans, every game ever made would release on every platform in existence.

So ya. They can "be angry" all they want. Capcom doesnt give a flip and frankly neither do I. Idk where you got this idea that because 12 fanboys on twitter were crying about not getting a game, suddenly Capcom's gonna say, "Oh no! An upset fanboy! Quick! Make a PS4 version now!"

As you can see, there's still no PS version. Still no Xbox version. And now we KNOW its staying Switch exclusive on consoles. So it seems all that "anger" was yelling into a brick wall. Whoever these "angry people" are you keep referring to, they'll still have to buy a Switch to play... unless they game on PC, but most PS/Xbox gamers don't. And a $200 Switch Lite is a much lower bar of entry than a $1000+ PC. And if that's too high for some people, then I guess they'll just have to miss out and be angry then.

This idea that games can't succeed on Switch without releasing on other consoles is absurd. At least, it's absurd for games we have a historical precedent for selling 5 million copies on low budget entries on less successful systems with lower software sales. Saying MH will flop on Switch is like saying Mario will flop on Switch. Ain't gonna happen. MH Rise doesnt need anything but Switch to see massive success. PC will only add to that. But make no mistake, PC isnt the game's savior like you're spinning it to be. Though it will certainly help it, that's for sure.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Even if it does well on PC, MH Rise will still be the best-selling third party game on the platform by an appreciable amount. It's not even going to be close. Sales of the game in Japan alone will likely be enough to put it over the top in that regard, and I expect it to do well in NA/Europe as well.

And, honestly, it looks spectacular so far. It looks like everything I wanted from a portable MH sequel after MH4U. If SMT V wasn't confirmed for next year, and if BotW2 releasing next year wasn't a distinct possibility, it'd be an easy shoe-in for my GOTY.

Next year's line-up is starting to sound so good. Like, once MH Rise, Ys IX, SMT V, BotW2, etc. release? They could stop making games for the console entirely, and I'd be perfectly satisfied.

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

@Ralizah What's with your "ACTIVELY PLAYING N/A" shenanigans? You gone undercover on us? Or are you actually abstaining?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cotillion

JaxonH wrote:

The vast majority of gamers play on consoles, and the vast majority of Rise sales will be on Switch.

Wasn't there a report recently saying that like 48% of all gaming happens on PCs?
Not that it matters, since it will undoubtedly sell more on Switch given the series history. I'm not a fan of strict exclusives anyway. I'd much rather a dual release with cross-play/progression. More people to play with and more options is always better in my book.

Cotillion

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

MH Rise will still be the best-selling third party game on the platform by an appreciable amount.

Minecraft is on Switch, so that's not true.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

gcunit

@kkslider5552000 Given how well the Switch is doing in Japan, and how much Japan likes MH, I wouldn't be so sure.

Minecraft must be doing very well, but I wouldn't have thought it's unbeatable by a game selling 7-10 million.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BruceCM

He's probably counting all the Minecraft sales ever....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@Ralizah
The first few years of the Switch's lifespan, that's exactly what I used to say. "If they would just announce a Monster Hunter built ground up for Switch, I'll be happy. Won't care if anything else releases the rest of the generation."

@Shadowthrone
I'm not sure that kind of stat is the most reliable. Like including mobile percentages. When they talk about PC gaming they're including everyone who actively participates in some kind of game on PC. Not core gamers on Steam who regularly buy new releases, of which there are far, far fewer. Not to diminish the PC gamership, but its much more accurate to judge based on active Steam users, which according to Valve are 33 million active daily users and 67 active monthly users. Monthly users are the ones I'd use as a metric, since almost all PC gamers use Steam to some extent. It's definitely alot, but Switch has already surpassed that install base and will likely double it. PS4 also adds another 120m and Xbox One another 50-60m. I'm sure there's some overlap but, the combined console base is definitely much larger.

But ya, I'd prefer every console exclusive game release on Steam. I have no issue with that. It's not like its gonna stop me from playing on Switch. Unless it's a horrible port, in which case the Steam version serves as a backup plan.

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Monster Hunter Rise will probably outsell Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.

@gcunit I recently finished 100%ing Mario Sunshine, so now I'm in that awkward space where I'm not playing anything.

kkslider5552000

I was about to say "well I'm a fool" when Wikipedia said it only sold 2 million on Switch but its only sources say it sold half a million in Europe a year ago, and 1.5 million...Japanese physical sales. So America and Japanese digital sales are apparently an unknown. I'm confused on why we don't know any more than this.

I mean I do agree if it isn't Minecraft it would be Monster Hunter, but now I'm just confused on why Switch Minecraft sales info is arbitrarily partially unknown.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 lol I just had the same journey. Apparently we don't have solid numbers on how many copies Minecraft is selling. Although it sells well pretty much universally, so I think a safe number is 10 million copies on Switch, worldwide. I still think MHR will top that.

But it's true that I forgot Minecraft was on Switch at all.

Anti-Matter

LOL
I prefer Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 and Portal Knights over than Minecraft.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic