Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,081 to 52,100 of 70,011

jump

I know it’s morally wrong to look at it since its supporting the crime but the Capcom stolen data is starting to leak. Apparently there’s a Switch exclusive coming with the code name “GUILLOTINE“ and Monster Hunter Rise isn’t a Switch exclusive with a PC version planned.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH
  • Resident Evil Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
  • New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It's a Battle Royale of some sort.
  • New Ace Attorney collection for PS4 and Switch (AA1-3 and DGS1-2)
  • New project codenamed "GUILLOTINE" for Switch in February, other platforms in May
  • Unannounced project "Reiwa" in May, no platforms mentioned
  • Monster Hunter Rise on PC releasing October 2021(?). Demos for Switch in January and March
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 on PC. Targeting June 2021 Switch/PC release. Single-player, online co-op and PvP modes. Paid DLC expansions, free post-launch co-op quests, cosmetic MTX, and amiibo support planned.
  • Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR
  • New Shooter Multiplayer game titled "SHIELD" geared towards streamers
  • Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
  • Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform.
  • Sony paid $5 million USD for RE7 VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity

My thoughts
Turns out MH Rise might be getting a PC release after all. I didnt think it would, but I guess it's not too surprising since more and more 3rd party exclusives seem to release on PC later on. And hey, I'm all for it. I'll buy it again on PC too. It's coming 8 months later like World did. And I doubt it'll impact the Switch version. Like so many PS games that come to PC later, they'll still boast "console exclusivity", and additionally, is the only hybrid version and it will release much sooner. Let's just hope for cross save and cross play (didnt do it for World, but one can hope). This is also confirmation it's not coming to PS/Xbox, though.

Also confirmation of Sony paying Capcom millions of dollars for content. And ingerestingly, no mention of Nintendo paying Capcom for anything.

Kinda disappointed theres no mention of a Switch Resident Evil. Then again this might not be everything.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Capcom never makes rhythm games anymore after Naoki Maeda, the creator of Cross X Beats for IOs and Arcade and also former DDR sound director from Konami quit from Capcom.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

link3710

@JaxonH AA 1-3 + DGS 1-2... on platforms that already have a 1-3 collection? Weird. And of course we'll never get it anyways in the west.

And well, I guess this can finally put to rest the 'Sony isn't paying for exclusivity' arguments.

There's no way that's everything though. For example, we know a new Megaman is in development.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

Welp

Guess I ain't getting MH Rise on Switch anymore lmfao

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

I bought World on PS4 despite it coming to PC, even paying the $60 online. No way I could wait.

In the case of Rise, I wouldn't want to play on PC over Switch anyways though. The game was built ground up for the system, looks incredible, is hybrid handheld and releases way sooner. Dont get me wrong, I'll buy on PC too because I'm a huge MH fan and want it on every platform, but not in a million years would I wait 8 months just to not play an excellent AAA hybrid version of MH. It's not like a super degraded multiplat port that looks horrible. The game looks incredible on Switch, and unlike World, is actually hybrid. If I play MH on PC, its gonna be World.

@link3710
It's only like 60gb of a full TB. Plenty more info will come out

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly the reason I'm getting it on PC now is because it doesn't look that amazing on Switch. It looks extremely low res and the usage of the RE Engine really shows because in a lot of areas the textures look kind of plastic-esque. The character model of the player character in particular looks like his soul is in the process of leaving his body and it's kind of funny.

I'm willing to wait if it means getting the game on a platform where it won't look extremely washed out. The fact the game uses a custom Switch-specific version of the RE Engine already means it'll probably be way less demanding than the full fat RE Engine multiplats like Resident Evil 2 and DMC5

TheFrenchiestFry

link3710

Okay scratch what I said. Just found out that localization documentation for DGS is in the leak, so we're finally getting it in English! Also, looks like they're taking great care to keep it as accurate as possible.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I'm ready for Age of Calamity, Pikmin 3 Deluxe was shorter than I expected (finished the main story and side stories) but was still a fantastic experience. Will gradually tackle the mission mode over time. Hopefully with Nintendo bringing pre-Wii U games over this year like Xenoblade, Sunshine and Galaxy that Pikmin 1 and 2 stand a chance of appearing in the next year or so (of course in addition to the mythical Pikmin 4 appearing).

Think my current top 10 most wanted pre-Switch games for the Switch is something like:
1. XCX
2. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
4. Twilight Princess HD
5. Wind Waker HD
6. Yoshi's Woolly World
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
8. Super Mario Galaxy 2
9. Pikmin
10. Pikmin 2

2 and 3 I think will never happen, the other 8 seem at least possible.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@TheFrenchiestFry
It's not low res. It's just had a lot of low res video capture. The native footage looks 900p - 1080p. Very crisp.

Itll definitely look better on PC, but that's true for every game on the system. As far as Switch games go, this is widely regarded as one of the best looking ones to date. Of course, if one only cares about maxing out graphical fidelity, Switch wouldn't even be in consideration for any game in the first place. And for some people that's all that matters. More power to em. To me though the game looks phenomenal and I cant wait to play with everyone else in March and with my brother locally.

This game on Switch will be my go to game for years to come. PC is only for games that don't come to Switch or have severe downgrades like Outer Worlds. MH Rise is a showpiece of what portable gaming can offer. Game is gonna look immaculate on the handheld. I've already got a much better looking MH for PC and PS5. I'm not thirsty for another one tethered to the TV, I'm thirsty for a new portable MH. MHGU was great, but this is a serious upgrade. If I'm strapped to the TV at all times, I'd rather play the one that actually takes advantage of that power. MH World is the perfect TV only MH. Rise will be the perfect portable hybrid MH.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

jump

JaxonH wrote:

Kinda disappointed theres no mention of a Switch Resident Evil. Then again this might not be everything.

Yeah it's not everything. They have leaked just 60gb of the knicked 1tb of data so far.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JaxonH

@jump
It's also possible Guillotine is RE Revelations 3. Cant imagine what else would be releasing on Switch first, then other consoles a few months later. Maybe Mega Man X9? Probably some smaller indie-like game. Who knows.

At this point I'm just happy we're getting MH Rise on Switch, finally a proper AAA current gen MH built ground up for Switch. And MH Stories 2, which I honestly never thought they'd make. Even if that's all we ever see from Capcom, I'd still be happy. I just wanna play some Monster Hunter.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

Id love to see some more RE head to switch. I realize it's only been a year since 5 and 6 were ported(iirc) but cmon, we need some more!

NintendoByNature

Blooper987

@JaxonH a little part in me cried out hoping guillotine was gonna be a second ghost trick, but that’s almost certainly not happening😂

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

I doubt they're making an original RE game for Switch let alone porting the existing ones. I imagine the closest the Switch will get will be cloud versions of RE3 and RE2

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

I doubt they're making an original RE game for Switch let alone porting the existing ones. I imagine the closest the Switch will get will be cloud versions of RE3 and RE2

I wouldn't rule it out, RE Revelations was made for the 3DS after all.

Nicolai wrote:

Eel

The Revelations subseries has historically been their way to give people on weaker consoles and handhelds new games in the Resident Evil series, and they're generally well received.

I don't see why would it be impossible for a third game to be made for the Switch. Specially after their planed Revelations 3 game suddenly became Resident Evil 8, as rumors say.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Dusk Golem leaked that RE Revelations 3 was in development for Switch, but that it was cancelled and parts of it were repurposed into REVIII. Sounds like it was quality control concerns.

Dont see why an exclusive RE for Switch would be unlikely given they literally were doing exactly that at one point. Even 3DS got an exclusive RE game.

With Monster Hunter Rise bringing the RE engine over, I'm quite confident they'll be working on a Switch-focused RE game. Even if it releases multiplatform or just Switch/PC (most likely scenario), it'll be a game designed for Switch first and foremost.

In the meantime though, I do agree we'll likely see cloud versions of RE2 and RE3.

Ooh! I just realized we'll be playing MH Rise in about 60 days via the January demo. The countdown has begun! Also, it seems like MH Rise might actually have a shot at chasing MH World numbers now, at least within a stone's throw, even without PS/Xbox contributing. 10 million is definitely in the cards now.

@Blooper987
Ya, best not to get hopes up for a game releasing so soon that hasn't been announced. But ya never know!

TheFrenchiestFry

@Eel See that argument would make sense if said games weren't subsequently ported to more powerful consoles anyway. If Revelations was this special thing meant to give weaker consoles the RE experience they were missing out on by not owning a PS4, Xbox One or PC, then they obviously would keep it on anything except those platforms, but that wasn't the case. 3DS was chosen for Revelations due to the 3D effect opening up possibilities for more immersive horror gameplay. It was designed first for 3DS in mind specifically because of the hardware's crux, not because it was meant to substitute a mainline entry, especially since the development team of the first Revelations game weren't at all involved with the main entries outside of the game's director who worked as a lead game designer on RE5.

Hell, Revelations 2 came first to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 and didn't come to any Nintendo systems until the Switch port. Furthermore it didn't even come to Vita until all the episodes were already released on home consoles and PC.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

No rule states they would keep it on a certain platform. Once they've milked sales, they almost always port across the board for RE games, even ones developed for a handheld. Kingdom Hearts 3D, also ported after the fact.

RE2 was because Nintendo had no viable platforms at the time. Theyd already gotten RE and RE2 was built for consoles, as 3DS was aging out and already got its ground up game.

No reason Switch wouldn't also see a RE designed with the console in mind. Like 3DS, it cant run the newest entries and needs one built ground up. Ports are nice but they dont garner the same sales. A new RE for Switch would.

The fact they already had RER3 in development for Switch is evidence enough. We dont know what happened, but we do know they were definitely trying to make a new RE for Nintendo's platform.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic