Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,921 to 51,940 of 70,011

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry JaxonH is right, they use the exact same chip, but the Lite has a smaller battery.

But honestly? It's most likely going to be another revised X1. I don't see any reason for them to move over to the X2 when the X1+ they're using already has all the X2's benefits. It'll probably be another custom X1 with a few Xavier quality upgrades included on-board. (hopefully the AI cores at least) X1++ anyone?

link3710

EngineerMario

Q. What item does mario use while shopping
A. Mario Kart

EngineerMario

EngineerMario

Q: What did Paper Mario say to the rock?
A: I win.

EngineerMario

KryptoniteKrunch

Maybe the eighth time is the charm for mainline Persona on Switch.

I still want Persona 3-5 on Switch, don't care about the people annoyed at the port begging or the people that actively DON'T want it on Switch out of spite. The people like myself that would actually buy these games far outnumber those who are against it.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

link3710

@KryptoniteKrunch I mean, same. Plus 1 & both 2s.... and a localization of SMT If...

Though, is something happening that makes you think Persona may be announced in the near future?

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@KryptoniteKrunch Same but like Persona 3-5 are definitely not the games that need more exposure honestly

There are a multitude of Atlus games that are way more deserving of ports or remasters imo

Also if P3 isn't some sort of remaster that combines the improvements from both FES and Portable with the FeMC campaign and the improvements to the social link system I'm probably not buying it. Same with if Persona 5 on Switch isn't a Royal port since that version is just so much better than P5

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 I think the absolute last chance for any Persona multiplatform announcement would be next year considering it's the series' 25th anniversary. If they held another live concert similar to the one in 2019 they could make the announcement there. I personally think the ship has sailed otherwise I think Atlus would've had the foresight to bring P4G to everything including the PC instead of just Steam. The only way I can see Persona going over to Nintendo is if it just starts selling badly on PlayStation, which is clearly far from the case and is likely why Atlus is so comfortable just using the spinoffs to court people into buying the main entries.

Honestly I think the likeliest scenario at this point is that Sony takes advantage of Persona's ties to PlayStation and moneyhats P6 so it stays as a PlayStation and potentially PC exclusive like what they've been doing with Final Fantasy as of late.

Hell I can even see goddamn Persona Dancing Endless Night Collection just randomly being announced for Switch in a Nintendo Direct if anything since Melody of Memory is a thing

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

Id take Persona 4 Dancing in a heartbeat. Truthfully, I think I actually like that game more than any mainline Persona. It’s just a really good freaking game. The fact it’s the only game I’ve ever platinumed in my life, while I never finished any mainline Persona, speaks for itself.

I don’t care about console war lists- I’d take Persona 4 Dancing over Persona 4 or 5. I really would. I didn’t enjoy P3 Dancing or P5 Dancing nearly as much. That’s because they weren’t on a handheld. This is a series that has to be played on a handheld (imo). HAS to be. Your peripheral view is perfect for the notes flying from the edge of the screen when on a handheld but when playing on the TV your peripheral view can’t catch everything. I really really really need those games on Switch. Seriously.

Forget #BreakFreePersona let’s see some #BreakFreePersonaDancing

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH P4D is seriously the only good Persona Dancing game lol. P3D/P5D were corporate hot garbage marred down by an abhorrent lack of content and four absurdly priced season passes. They don't even have stories, just extremely awkward social link event cutscenes

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@KryptoniteKrunch They've been talking about this since like August I think. There's already references to Steam in the data files of SMT III HD's Japanese release suggesting that game is probably getting a PC version a while after it comes out on consoles, which is excellent considering from what I've heard, the game runs like absolute crap on both PS4 and Switch as is. I also totally think Persona 3 and 5 will get ported to Steam in due time. I have a feeling they'll be bringing over SMT content specifically to Nintendo since that's basically the home platform for mainline now and the only reason Nocturne's on PS4 is probably because the original was PS2 exclusive.

So basically PC gets all the Persona ports while Nintendo gets new non-Persona MegaTen content and PlayStation continues to get new main Persona entries

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba___Rebrand. Buddy, you just made my day. I hope this means the other 2 seasons are imminent.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry if that is the case, I wonder if we might get SMT localized finally. Normally I wouldn't think so, but the rumor that Fire Emblem will use the original JP ROM and Lua based intercepter in the emulator itself opens the door for a lot cheaper localizations if it's true.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 If they did something as massive as a Kyakku Megami Tensei remaster (since it's basically a remake of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2), or a port of the original Devil Summoner since Soul Hackers in on 3DS, I would lose my mind

Hell since Xbox has that whole partnership thing with SEGA going on that gave them timed exclusivity over PSO2 and Yakuza 7 as a Series X launch game, I'd love to see them collaborate on an SMT Nine remaster with properly realized online functionality for Xbox Series/Windows 10. They already have SMT Imagine as a blueprint for how that could work since that game started life as a PC port of SMT Nine.

TheFrenchiestFry

HotGoomba

@Losermagnet I looked on the website and the very top shows the other two seasons, so it can definitely happen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry Given Microsoft has been more into backwards compatibility than remasters since the introduction of backwards compatibility on XB1, I could see SMT Nine being just an addition to the backwards compatibility lineup as part of a OG Xbox and 360 SEGA batch (so games such as Jet Set Radio Future, Sonic Heroes, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie, SEGA Superstars Tennis, etc.)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

KryptoniteKrunch wrote:

gcunit posted this link, but deleted his post.

https://personacentral.com/sega-back-catalog-atlus-games-rele...

I saw the tweet and just shared it a bit impulsively, but when I looked at it again it didn't look like an official announcement so much as someone else's interpretation, and there wasn't any particular reason to think it meant anything for Switch, so I retracted.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Giancarlothomaz

@KryptoniteKrunch to what i have understand of this article, Sega want to release previous Persona games beyond the consoles we have, so are not gonna release previous Persona games in Nintendo/Sony consoles?maybe release Persona 3 for example in the Apple Acarde and Google Stadia?

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic