Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,321 to 48,340 of 53,699

Ralizah

@Heavyarms55 Nah. It was like this in the last rural town I lived in as well. At least I have access to high speed internet here. I was so far out in the sticks where I last lived that all I had access to was one overpriced satellite internet option with a tiny data cap. You had to drive thirty minutes up the road to even get signal on most cell phones.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Heavyarms55

@Ralizah That's something I know about. My friend lives in a town where, although cell phone reception is fine, they only have one ISP, a satellite company. And said company is terrible, very slow, low data caps, except between 1 and 5am. When we play Switch together, he usually uses his phone's mobile hotspot instead.

Lot's of people talking about how slow Animal Crossing is for multiplayer. But when he tried to connect using satellite, it took almost 4 times as long.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

So with Animal Crossing physical sales in Japan already outdoing Mario Kart 8 DX lifetime, who wants to take bets on them mentioning that AC:NH is the top selling Switch game in the next investor's meeting, even if they don't tell us numbers since it's past March 31st.

link3710

JaxonH

Rayman Legends is such a great game.

I hadn’t played it since 2013. But I decided to fire it up on switch, and I got all these memories rushing back from my 100% play through.

Definitely a game I recommend- if you can get it on a cheap sale, no reason not to.

And Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Decided to pick up some games I haven’t touched in a while. Really high quality game, this one is.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

FragRed

@link3710 When you say top selling, do you mean this quarter or throughout the Switch’s lifetime sales? Obviously it’ll be the best selling this quarter but I would think it’s a little too early to look at it being the biggest selling on the system.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Tyranexx

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah, so it's a highly customizable experience, which would definitely mean that each run is never the same. Replayability is always nice, and I'm a sucker for a decent story that can take different turns. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the Switch release.

Thanks for the input!

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I think it'll be a close one and ACNH overtakes MK8 Deluxe lifetime sales within about a week or so after the Direct Mini happened. The Direct Mini really showcases "Buy Animal Crossing or experience a nearly 2 month game drought".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@FragRed It's already outsold MK8 (the top selling game) lifetime physical sales in JP, and this game is highly likely to have a higher digital sell-through due to current events and the games nature. So yeah, it appears likely to be top all time already in JP.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/04/japanese_charts_ani...

@JaxonH Rayman Legends is one of the all time 2D platforming greats alongside the DKC (all 5), Super Mario 1-World, Yoshi's Island, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Shovel Knight, Celeste... okay my list got long. Point is, it's a really good game that I've 100% 3 times now, and it's the only title on the list that has multiplayer, which is really fun as well.

@Don Definitely too good to be true. They wouldn't reveal lego information in a direct, the directs are always solely about Switch related news.

link3710

Ralizah

@JaxonH Aside from Animal Crossing, Mario + Rabbids is my favorite exclusive on the Switch. I like it more than XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It's shockingly good, especially considering the negative initial reaction to the concept.

And Rayman Origins and Legends both stand as two of the best side-scrolling platformers I've ever played. Top ten, at least.

ACTIVELY PLAYING

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It’s one of those games where, you kinda have to make an investment to understand the mechanics to really fall in love, and despite enjoying what I played, for whatever reason I just moved on to other games. It seems to happen with a lot of games I play. And I’ll go back later and realize I had been missing out on this amazing game the whole time.

I’m starting to feel like that now with Mario Rabbids. I’m not sure if it was a wise idea but I started the DK expansion save slot. I haven’t really progressed that much in the main game, but I figured I’d check it out. And so far it’s amazing. I just got a perfect in the first battle, which probably isn’t saying much because it was very easy but, it felt amazing when I sent DK through the log pipe, ambushed from the side, got a Bounce effect and Cranky Rabbid finished them off with one of his passive skills.

I’ve got a treasure trove of Switch backlog like this, and I fully intend to take advantage of my lay-off and dig in deep.

@link3710 @Ralizah
I love Rayman Legends. It’s one of the few games I think was actually best on Wii U, just because of the Murphy levels, then again the NSW version does include those levels in handheld mode. I just haven’t tried them yet on Switch. They worked really well with the stylus but I’m not sure how well a finger will do as a substitute. Either way, the Switch version is the one to have now, just because it offers both handheld and console play + Murphy levels. But I have such great memories of playing that game on the Wii U. Got hardcore into the time trials, just like DKC Tropical Freeze. I really liked Rayman Origins too.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Rumours and leaks do that. They either get people in a negative mindset before the actual reveal or they get people too hyped such that when the rumour/leak turns about to be wrong in some way there's a lot of backlash.

The latter I think will perfectly describe the 3D Mario rumour.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano @Ralizah The leaks honestly worked to the game's benefit I think. People got their knee jerk reactions to the crossover out of their systems so they were able to pay attention to the actual game itself when it was officially revealed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

redd214

Another vote for Rayman Legends! Spectacular platform er. I've actually redownloaded it after years on the ps4. Working on that platinum which will take me probably a few more months of daily challenges lol. Buy it!

That direct leak definitely sounds a bit too generous. I would absolutely love to be wrong but it seems a but much, though it is E3 timing so who knows!

redd214

JaxonH

I don’t believe this rumor. But. Doesn’t seem too good to be true to me.

Most of it is already pretty much known anyways.

The only notable things are what, F-Zero, Pikmin, Rare Replay and Mario RPG remake?

So, F-Zero would be great for me but it’s a niche franchise. Overall that’s not going to make a big splash. Pikmin, same thing. Great for me and Octane, but overall it’s not going to make a big splash. Rare Replay, that would do reasonably well. But they are all old games and it’s already released an Xbox years ago. It would be a decent announcement, but frankly, I’m far more thrilled about Ori being on Switch.

The only one that seems to be out there is the Mario RPG remake. Which I kind of feel like we already got something equivalent, at least in a spiritual sense, with Mario Rabbids. And while that game did well it only sold a few million. A remake of Mario RPG would probably land in the same ballpark.

So, I don’t believe it. But I hardly think it’s too good to be true. If anything it would just appeal to a small niche (yes, myself included), not make major waves.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Haven't heard this rumor, but Mario RPG remake? lol Fake.

If we get Pikmin, Mario remasters, and Rare Replay in the same year, I might totally skip every non-Switch game this year aside from Cyberpunk. Definitely seems too good to be true, though.

ACTIVELY PLAYING

link3710

Honestly, I heavily expect a Super Mario RPG remake at some point in the next 5 years. Nintendo and Squeenix have been partnering on JRPGs all gen after all, and it's probably Square Enix's most beloved RPG that hasn't had a mobile port, remaster or remake in the past decade. Put Tokyo RPG Factory on it and they can make it gorgeous looking.

link3710

El_Scorpio

Hi guys, I need your knowledge. I am thinking about getting Switch. But I am crazy about stats. 3DS has great activity log. From my understanding Switch has different one. Way worse. It counts only milestones. Like "You've played this game for over 60 hours" and these stats will reset each year.

Was it updated? I want to know the exact time I spent in my games and be able to list them by most played etc.

A strong man doesn't need to read the future... He makes his own.

JaxonH

When are they going to announce YS IX for Switch, I wonder? Surely it’s coming. If they’re bringing over Trails of Cold Steel III and IV, then YS IX is 100% a lock.

I’ve been in an RPG mood for a while now. And will indulge with Trials of Mana, Xenoblade, Bravely Default and Trails of Cold Steel III. Even now, got back into YS VIII.

But I’m also kinda in the mood for something different until the May extravaganza begins (seriously though, Wonderful 101, 3 different Borderlands games with gyro and local wireless, 3 different Bioshock games, Ninjala, XCOM 2 and Xenoblade remake... wow). Mario Rabbids is really starting to suck me in. But I’m wondering what other games would be good to jump into over the coming weeks? Hmm...

Already beat Trials Rising, but could always play Trials Fusion or Evolution on PC. Valkyria Chronicles 1 sounds good. Always did love that game and think it should’ve gotten a lot more attention when it came to Switch. Maybe Splatoon 2? If my brother would jump back in. That’s a very high adrenaline game though. SteamWorld Dig 2? A classic. Finish Ori, then pick up Will of the Wisps afterwards? Maybe... The Fire Emblem expansion, that sounds good. Could beat the end boss of Final Fantasy XII where I left off. Dragon Quest Builders 2, I was into that hard for a while. That sounds fun. Or Astral Chain. Dropped that about halfway through the game.

Hmmm...

I’m just really excited to start playing Wonderful 101 again. Will have about a week and a half to beat the game before May 29 comes. Then it’s on to Xenoblade. But want to play co-op Borderlands with my brother. Bioshock and XCOM 2 will probably have to wait until there’s a down period in the summer. Too many games releasing all at once.

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Given the current situation, I think if there's a Direct in June it'll be like the March Direct Mini where it's all about the 3rd party games. Start and end with Pokemon Sword/Shield expansion pass and Smash respectively.

The Direct Mini showed us Nintendo's focus for announcements is the very short term during this pandemic so with CERO closed and Japan as a whole on lockdown, I'd guess there's nothing not known on the 1st party happening between June and September. Maybe Xenoblade gets delayed to take account of that given Animal Crossing has very long term sales potential.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic