Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,901 to 47,920 of 70,011

IceClimbers

@JaxonH There's also Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated in June. Yes, it's a licensed title, but the original is a cult classic for a reason.

A really good 3D platformer being remade from the ground up with restored content that was cut from the original and a new horde multiplayer mode for only $30 is definitely worth mentioning.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

Im so amped for paper Mario, I'm finally going to go back and play thru the original for the first time. I was originally going to play thru ffx or Ys Viii along side xc:De, but I want to get my feet wet with the series before origami king drops. And that's only 2 months away!

Now, all we need is another big reveal next month, And July to really hit home. I haven't had this type of excitement all year honestly. I've been playing and enjoying games all throughout 2020, sure. But this has without a doubt been a show stopper for me at least.

It's funny how we were all talking about paper Mario games just a couple days ago toošŸ˜œ

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I'm not saying it's bad, I liked Color Splash. I just don't think this should be considered evidence of the 3D Mario collection happening as it doesn't look like this Paper Mario is "Paper Mario going back to its roots".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

Paper Mario looks really cool. July release date is an indicator that we don't necessarily need several months for Nintendo to release a game after announcing it. A July Direct could have several September and October releases.

Edit: And yeah, that Metroid bit at the end of the trailer is definitely teasing some sort of Metroid release this year imo.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Nonsense.

3D Collection is 99% a lock. The "going back to its roots" was an opinion by the person who leaked it. And given it 1 isnt a sticker based battle system and instead uses traditional attacks, 2 has partner characters, 3 looks to have a much more engaging story than the last two, 4 has characters with actual distinct personalities

That's a fair assessment. They called this before anyone. Clearly they have info and not just that, but its been corroborated.

If we dont see a collection I'll grill my boots and eat them

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
The 3D Mario collection is for sure happening. If it doesn't, I swear I'll just keep going about my life as usual.

rallydefault

link3710

@JaxonH I don't see it. I still think there's a <1% chance of that 3D Mario collection being real. Don't forget, the Paper Mario leak began with a back to it's roots Paper Mario and a 2D Metroid being a thing this year. The 3D Mario leak only copied the prior one when it mentioned Paper Mario.

link3710

NotTelevision

The Paper Mario reveal was great and unexpected. July will be a good month.

But what Metroid action is on the way? Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a new 2d entry.

NotTelevision

link3710

@NotTelevision Yeah, a new 2D Metroid and Paper Mario were leaked early this year, and Nintendo came down hard on that leaker. It's almost certainly a 2D Metroid, though I have to wonder when they'll release it. That's the sort of game I'd expect in May or August... Although August clearly isn't out of the cards yet.

link3710

gcunit

No-one would have predicted a Paper Mario coming this year before that 'leak', so I'm inclined to think it's looking pretty solid right now.

As for the Metroid tease, I'm dearly hoping there's a LABO VR option being put into the Metroid Prime trilogy...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@link3710
Really? It's not just some off the wall leak, practically the entire industry has confirmed it, even VentureBeat re-confirming it again today. If ever there was a leak likely to pan out, it would be 3D Collection. Idk why some people have convinced themselves it's not happening to such an extent. I mean, nothing is certain but, if you dont believe this leak you shouldn't believe any leak ever. Cause they don't reallt come more solid than this.

When they announce it I wanna get your take

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TOUGHDUDE94

And someone at Nintendo must be getting fired for not showing off a game in a 45 min direct with some other stuff

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Buizel

I don't see Paper Mario as strong evidence that the 3D Mario leak is real. We've had a game on pretty much every system since the series started, and we're in Year 4 of the Switch's life - the odds were really in favour of PM landing soon.

I think what is more-so surprising is the sudden drop of a trailer 2 months before the release. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one - Sticker Star still haunts me.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

And there it is- partners in battle

Untitled

And the guy who originally leaked it said it was the battle system specifically they were referring to with ā€œreturn to formā€, and earlier today clarified there were things ā€œwe didnā€™t know about itā€. Now we know. Credibility 100% confirmed.

Get ready for those Mario releases, and Pikmin 3.

link3710

@JaxonH I don't care how many people repeat it, it goes against every business strategy Nintendo has used for the past 20+ years, and is a far too good to be true sort of leak.

When was the last year we didn't have a "for certain" leak fail to come true?

Also, there's no saying the partner can actually fight. And again, that rumor started a month earlier, before being repeated by the Mario leak. Hence, it's worthless as proof.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

1UP_MARIO

When it sounds too good to be true. It probably is.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NotTelevision

Wild Guns is a great game and Iā€™ve considered picking up the Reloaded version on Switch for a while. I heard good things about Rygar as well. I guess they are saving DKC and Earthbound. Next time gadget, next time.

@link3710 Yeah it makes sense to release it around September I think. Thatā€™s when Linkā€™s Awakening came out last year and a 2d Metroid feels like a similar mid-tier title to cover the early fall.

The possibility of the Prime Trilogy remastered on Switch is a bit remote at this point, but Iā€™d love for both of those to come in 2020. Again, very unlikely though.

NotTelevision

JaxonH

@link3710
Ok. It seems youā€™ve made up your mind no matter how much evidence there is. Thereā€™s literally nothing that would convince you so, no sense arguing about it. But we can revisit this later when it gets announced.

@1UP_MARIO
A collection of 20 year old games for Marioā€™s 35th anniversary and a Wii U port hardly seems ā€œtoo good to be trueā€ unless your expectations are basically set to nil.

Now. A brand new exclusive Monster Hunter being announced the same day as Persona 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy and a new F-Zero? Thatā€™s too good to be true. Collection of old games and Wii U port? Par for the course.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Feels like a mistake not to have included it in the English trailer, I don't know what Nintendo was thinking there.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic