Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,721 to 47,740 of 69,993

link3710

Grumblevolcano wrote:

FragRed 6 years ago was Mario Golf World Tour, since then we've gotten 2 Mario Tennis games.

@Grumblevolcano Yeah but... Aces was clearly just a ported and completed version of the Wii U title. I'm pretty sure they released an incomplete title on Wii U just to have something, but it was the same release developmentwise. Just a theory, but I do believe all the Wii U's content is in Aces.

link3710

MarioVillager92

@Toy_Link Well for starters, not every Nintendo platform got a Mario Golf game (examples: Wii, Wii U). Like Grumblevolcano said, Mario Golf: World Tour came out on 3DS in 2014. So no, I don't think you missed such an announcement.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

gcunit

Switch lifetime sales at 55 million. Guessing it would be closer to 60 by now if not for supply issues. 24% increase y.o.y.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe almost at 25 million.

Animal Crossing New Horizons at 12 million after 11 days.

There are now 27 Switch million sellers. Software sales for the year saw a 42% y.o.y. rise. (3DS software dropped by c.72%)

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

I think it’s now safe to assume we shouldn’t expect much else from Nintendo first party wise for the rest of this year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

Just imagine what those reported numbers would be if there wasn't a stock shortage of Switches for customers to purchase.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Grey Lite is slick. It's the one I have.

And, you may want the official magnetic flip case. It's a must have for any Lite owner. Kinda a carry case but, also protects and is easy to pop in and out, and easy to play with it on. Lid doesnt get in the way at all.

And its grey so it matches perfectly.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@FragRed I find it hard to believe that out of what was likely another 10+ releases based on past years, we won't be seeing a good chunk of them this year. Just because they're delayed doesn't mean they won't come out later in the same year.

link3710

redd214

@NintendoByNature Congrats on the switch lite, your daughter will love it in sure! I actually prefer it as it feels more sturdy than the regular switch only thing is it's too small for me to play for extended time and my hands cramp up but it's so perfect for kids!

For a case I got this kit on Amazon for our lites. Comes with everything and not too expensive. We'll made stuff too!

https://www.amazon.com/Carrying-Protector-Nintendo-Accessorie...

redd214

rallydefault

@FragRed
Why is that guy lumping AC and Sword/Shield together like they happened in the same season or something? They were released in entirely different years and buying quarters. I guess technically same FY, but they feel light years apart.

(Also not trying to gloss over the obviously empty-looking remainder of 2020.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@redd214 so i tried cancelling my order for the carry case with accessories for the one you suggested but it was too close to shipment. It's actually nice but didn't have the cover/ guard for the switch. And being that she's 7 (but very responsible for her age), I still want to have a cover of some kind.

With that said, I'm checking out two guards. How do the hard shells fair against the soft gel guards? Both are pretty much the same price. But the hard plastic guard is made by hori who I trust and the other is some no name. Have you tried both?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

redd214

@NintendoByNature The one i linked does include a clear plastic tpu gel type cover and it offers a decent amount of drop protection (my boys have been sure to test that unfortunatley lol)

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NintendoByNature

@redd214 good stuff. I just grabbed a gel one for 10. Well see how it holds up. Thanks again.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

In preparation of the switch lite coming. I busted out my old 32gb sd card as i was going to let my daughter use it. I was planning on deleting any games i had on there so it can be wiped. As i plugged it into my v2 switch, a disclaimer popped up saying there's software on the card that was used on a prior system, and in order for it to be played, it needs to be deleted from that old switch( clearly that's an issue as I traded it in to game stop half a year ago).

Is there any way around that? I have the same user profile and nnid for both of the systems. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature That doesn't make any sense. It should just prompt you to format the card for use with the new system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Hmm, I suppose you could try formatting it with a computer 1st .... Then, it should insist you do it with the Switch as well but at least it wouldn't know about what was on it? Weird, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah it brought up that screen automatically, and wouldn't let me exit out of it. I might have to call Nintendo. I did however go back to some games i thought would be on there and redownloaded them to see if anything would be prompted but nothing has come up saying it's on another system or card. So we'll see what Nintendo says.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Definitely reformat on a computer. Sounds like some sort of software error. I've used MicroSD cards from other Switches before and have never seen a message like that pop up.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah ok ill try that. I guess the main question is, will I lose any software I had stored on that? The message kind of worries me. Like i said I tried downloading any games i thought were on that card and nothing got prompted.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic