Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,981 to 40,000 of 70,027

NintendoByNature

Ralizah wrote:

Y'all are crazy. The massive tsunami of Japanese and exclusive content coming in the second half of 2019 is the sort of thing I've been waiting for since the system's incredible first year on the market. 2018 was OK, but my Switch didn't get a lot of use that year.

I can't believe I'm going to have stuff like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI, etc. on my Switch soon.

Sorry i think I worded it wrong..im just as amped as you are for the remainder of the year. I was talking more along the lines of what I want to see at e3. And I'm honestly set with games for a while because 2nd half of the year is so packed. Ive got 4 for sure titles I'm getting and that's astral chain luigi mansion 3 links awakening and Pokemon. There might be some others depending on what else comes this year

NintendoByNature

gcunit

I'm most interested to see Nintendo's plans for expanding the Switch userbase. With the next gen of Playstation and Xbox beginning to loom, Nintendo has c.1 year where it can take on the role of the leading platform on the market. Is it going to grab that opportunity by the neck, or just bimble along doing it's own sporadic thing like it has been these last few years?

The games coming the rest of this year, from Nintendo at least, will be popular amongst the established userbase, and Pokémon hype may bring in some extras, but what plans if any are there for new stuff?

I think Labo is great, but it's impact on the market hasn't been huge. Has N got more Labo coming that will draw newcomers in? Will N expand the VR offering?

Will Animal Crossing bring big new features, or just slightly iterate on New Leaf?

Will N (please) revive the Wii Fit and Wii Sports type of offerings?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature @JaxonH Ah.

Yeah, all I really need to hear about is the flood of content coming in 2018.

Especially considering I expect 2020 to be another 2018. How could it not?

Which is fine, as I'll inevitably have plenty of games that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@IceClimbers I wouldn't be so certain. Remember, the Super Smash Brothers World Championship is in two weeks, this may have been pushed out early for that.

As for my E3 wish list... uh... Mass Effect Trilogy on the go would be great as was mentioned above. Kid Icarus, either Uprising in HD or a sequel. Wonderful 102 seems out of the cards with how many games Platinum has going, but a W101 port would be nice. A remake of Golden Sun 1+2? Honestly, we could get nothing this E3 and I'd be satisfied with how much is coming out the rest of the year.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Yeah I think Nintendo’s saving those remaining Wii U ports for 2020. Stuff like 3D World and XCX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Just saw Spyro coming to PC thanks to Iron Galaxy. Those guys get some work.

Also saw the rumours about Witcher 3....whew that'd be impossible but man we can dream.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

I don't even like The Witcher 3 but if that ever makes it to Switch, we can finally stop with the "underpowered trash system OMEGALUL" rhetoric... hopefully.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Yeah for 2020 we can expect Bayonetta 3 and Rune Factory 5 as well as Snack World and Yokai Watch 4 in the west.

Beyond that though? Hard to say really. Mario & Sonic could end up being a January/February title I suppose.

Delaying Town and Daemon x Machina may benefit them honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

LOL battle royal Nintendo style. There is no reason to not have the friend multiplayer, but Nintendo is focused on local co op for friends. I think this is the part of adult/non urban sprawl gaming that they have not yet embraced. I'm an local co op gal myself so I'm not bothered. However at the same time I'm going to have to drive 73 miles one way to take advantage of it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WebHead

@Ryu_Niiyama I have nothing against local but we should be able to play with our online friends too. Nintendo just refuses to accept this.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

@WebHead Yeesh. I should have expected that, in all honesty. But I guess in my excitement at online Super Mario Brothers, I naively thought it would be a regular, un-nintendofied version of multiplayer.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Ryu_Niiyama

@WebHead It's the Japan-centric view point imo. (Sony is more like a western company in general) even if you look at the switch marketing they are still pushing heavily the play together physically aspect. It is unfortunate...but not unexpected.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

It can't be just because N wants us to play locally, there has to be more to it, surely. Whether it's some technical issue, security concern, or something else, IDK, but there must be something.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

I feel Nintendo’s online in general is the problem. Look at Team Sonic Racing for example, the XB1 and PS4 versions of that game have online with friends work using the console’s chat and invite features. These don’t exist on Switch of which there’s no voice chat and no matchmaking with friends in that version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

EvilLucario wrote:

I don't even like The Witcher 3 but if that ever makes it to Switch, we can finally stop with the "underpowered trash system OMEGALUL" rhetoric... hopefully.

I'm not inclined to think that obnoxious fanboys and trolls are the sort of people who will soberly reflect on the foolishness of their behavior. Try that, and the trolling will just transition to the game's performance and visual fidelity in comparison to the home console versions (despite the PC version running at double the framerate and supporting better visuals and whatnot).

Mockery is the second best response to such people after ignoring them outright.

link3710

@FattyWhale_42 Oh wow, yeah, thanks for posting this here. I already have one for my Switch, but for that price I might get another for my phone.

I am incredibly upset about the multiplayer news in SMM2. I might not be getting the game any more honestly, that was the main draw. I already played the original, so if I can't play with my friends, then why bother getting this one? It sucks living across the country from most of your friends, and this certainly ain't helping.

link3710

Ralizah

Being unable to play co-op with friends online in SMM2 is completely short-sighted.

Edited on by Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah True. Guess I'll just have to flex 144hz displays and ultrawide resolutions over console fanboys then :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic