Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,301 to 39,320 of 70,008

WebHead

Man they really need to add SNES games soon.

Also anyone think Switch Mini could be announced this month?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NintendoByNature

@WebHead agree on the snes, I'd actually like original gameboy games to show up. Granted, both systems are old, outdated, and so on. At least gameboy games haven't had much exposure other than the 40-50 games on 3ds vc.. I'd like to play some Super Mario land on my t.v. as well as links awakening( dx or not), and some donkey Kong land. To be honest, the games that most excite me about the castlevania collection are the gameboy games. I know they have their issues but playing them on a tv sounds pretty rad to me

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

WebHead

@NintendoByNature GB games would be good to due to probable switch mini and 30th anniversary of GB

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I think SNES is going to be one of those "out in a week or so" announcements for a September Direct to tie into 1 year anniversary of NSO. There's plenty more NES games left of similar status to this month's games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

WebHead wrote:

Also anyone think Switch Mini could be announced this month?

I really hope so. I'm on my third set of joy-cons because of wear and tear. Clearly the build quality isn't all that great for these things. And on top of that, my right joy-con has ceased charging while fully seated with the console. So if I don't offset the right joy-con while charging I'll come back to a fully charged Switch and a right joy-con with zero charge.

So from my perspective, a Switch that has no detachable joy-cons can't arrive soon enough.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician im still on my first set of joy con that I've had since launch but im afraid that won't be much longer. My right joy con does the exact same thing as yours. Don't know if it's a switch issue or a joy con issue since i don't have other joy cons to test it on.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@WebHead All I want is GBA support. Then I can die happy.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

SNES and GBA at the bare minimum. I won’t suffer GameBoy. We’ll riot in this piece if Nintendo tries to pull that one on us

Preferably we’d see N64 as well, and in a perfect world, GameCube and Wii too. But... it’s not a perfect World, and we’re dealing with Nintendo rather than Santa Clause, so right now I feel like even SNES/GBA would be a generational victory

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

Ugh, this five-week slog to E3 is going to be brutal. I'm more eager for third party announcements than I should be, considering my backlog. Ubisoft, Square Enix, Capcom, and Bandai Namco have supported the Switch better than most other AAA publishers, so I expect one Switch announcement from each of them at E3, though not necessarily during the Direct.

But I have exceptionally high expectations for the mid-tier publishers. Nicalis, THQ Nordic, and Sega especially. Then LRG also has their E3 presentation. I assume they'll announce physical releases for Va-ll Hall-a, Grim Fandango, Firewatch, Aqua Kitty DX, 2064: Read Only Memories, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jak1one

Hello everyone, i have got a question: i have some problems with my joycons, the sticks are not responding correctly; so i wanted to buy a pro controller to substitute them. Does it have the same problems? Will my character walk without input after 6 months like happened with my joycons? Want to know because it costs 70€ here in Italy, so i don't want to buy it and regret my purchase. Also, this is the first time i have to change a controller in 18 years playing videogames. Shame on ni.ntendo

jak1one

Anti-Matter

Something that we really want to play on Nintendo Switch...
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jak1one

_JEM_ wrote:

@jak1one Personally, I've nothing but praise for the Pro Controller. I've owned three of them for nearly two years now and they've all been incredibly stable, despite regular use. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly and the buttons are just firm enough for my liking. They can take their fair share of abuse and the charge time is about 6hrs when fully drained, so quite reasonable.

Going on the reviews and public forums I've come across, they're arguably the most stable controllers on the market. I would rate them a cut above the X-box One controller, especially when it comes to button durability.

Some people say the d-pad isn't 100% accurate on a few games such as Puyo Puyo Tetris, though I rarely use this feature tbh and on the few occasions I have, have had 0 issues.

They've probably been my best purchase for the Switch up to this point despite initial hesitations about the price. You may well struggle to go back to the joy-cons once you start using them

Thanks a lot! I am going to buy one next week

jak1one

Dogorilla

Vs Excitebike is an interesting choice for NES Online. So far, Famicom-exclusive games have only been released on the Japanese version of the app, but Vs Excitebike is a Famicom Disk System game and that's coming to the west as well.

I still don't understand what the advantage of having a Switch Mini without detachable Joy-Cons would be. Presumably it would be compatible with Joy-Cons but even then, some Labo kits would be completely unplayable due to the different shape and size of the system, and you'd have to buy Joy-Cons to play games such as 1-2-Switch and Fitness Boxing, and motion controlled modes in Arms, Mario Tennis, and Go Vacation, among others. I don't see why Nintendo would bring out a new version of the Switch that offers less than the original. (I know this is the same company that released a 3DS without 3D, but at least that was still compatible with all original 3DS games.)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Grumblevolcano

@Dogorilla I think it's because of VC, there's 4 1st party Famicom exclusives that were released for VC in the west.

SMB The Lost Levels (Wii VC, 3DS VC, Wii U VC)
Vs. Excitebike (Wii U VC in NA)
Mother (Wii U VC)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (3DS VC)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano Ah I didn't know it had been released on Wii U in NA. Hopefully we'll get Mother and Muramase Castle on Switch too then.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

NintendoByNature

So am I right that our 1st super Nintendo game on switch will be super castlevania?

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

jak1one wrote:

Hello everyone, i have got a question: i have some problems with my joycons, the sticks are not responding correctly; so i wanted to buy a pro controller to substitute them. Does it have the same problems? Will my character walk without input after 6 months like happened with my joycons? Want to know because it costs 70€ here in Italy, so i don't want to buy it and regret my purchase. Also, this is the first time i have to change a controller in 18 years playing videogames. Shame on ni.ntendo

Your controllers may not be broken. I've had similar issues. I did two things to successfully fix this: 1) update the joycons (which you've probably done) and 2) make sure there's absolutely NO interference with other devices. Moving my switch a bit further from my PS4 (which wasn't even on) did the trick.

All this a side, you can't go wrong with adding a pro controller to your setup.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Nope. We had Mega Man X on Switch for almost a year by this point.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic