Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,201 to 39,220 of 70,067

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Took the words out of my mouth. Usually I hotly anticipate E3 each year, but right now I only remember it when I see other people mention it. If we don't get a single unexpected announcement that'll be fine by me. Any of the major Nintendo titles that could knock me out almost certainly won't happen at E3 this year or are already announced for this year. (Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Kid Icarus Uprising sequel, new 2D Metroid, Geist remake/sequel, Mother 3 in English, Golden Sun 4, Drill Dozer 2, new Wario Land and the next big Mario / Zelda being the ones that aren't announced as coming 2019). And when the most realistic looking wish list items you have are the next major Mario/Zelda, no point in expecting anything big. We've got enough coming as it is.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@RR529 Agreed. I just cant keep up with them currently. I'm seriously hoping capcom is going to finish porting the onimusha series to the switch. I was expecting a port of Soul calibur II HD since everybody else got it and now bamco really doesnt have an excuse this time (they could have put it on the wiiu but i get it...sales tanked). I would love to see yakuza 1-5 on switch (even after the kiwami remakes) but I'm putting my port begging energy to VF5 (or just friggen make 6, SEGA).

@link3710 Agreed. I feel like there are so many great games that have been announced/releaseing that I feel really content right now as a gamer. I try not to take stock in longshots, so there isnt really anything that I'm wanting/expecting (as in i look at e3 as in what is realistic to have chances to come to the system).

Great time to be a gamer.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

At this point the part I'm most excited about regarding E3 is the stream chat on this site. The chat was 10/10 last year for keeping me entertained during the boring Smash segments (good game but way too much focus).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

WebHead wrote:

@Magician yeah no offense but release plans arent based on your personal schedule lol.

shrug

My feelings are nothing more than a commentary on how well the Switch is doing. I can't remember any Nintendo platform, console or handheld, having a library this good this early into that platform's life cycle. If the SNES didn't have superior nostalgia on its side, or the historical fact that the NES saved console gaming from the crash of 83', then I'd insist that the Switch is Nintendo's best platform to date. As a result, there are more games to play than there are hours in the day to play them.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Same here! The Chat was fantastic. While I will certainly enjoy trailers and such, the chat is my main draw.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Aozz101x

https://gonintendo.com/stories/334479-rumor-forza-street-migh...
Rumor: Forza Street might be coming to switch, according to the source code that dataminers found.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Aozz101x Would be pretty crazy having a 1st party Microsoft game coming to PC, Mobile and Switch but not XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Aozz101x honestly hope it doesn't, unless they fundamentally change the game. As is its pretty bad even from mobile standards.

redd214

JaxonH

Oh, I think Forza Street is a lock.

Games released as “mobile titles” are specifically meant to draw people to the platform. The fact it’s releasing on iOS/Android/PC is because they want people who don’t own an Xbox One to play it. Because either A they’ll get introduced to the franchise which raises the probability of an Xbox purchase, or B they are never going to buy an Xbox regardless, so may as well capitalize on their wallet in what ways they can.

And if you’re going to do that, why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of the Switch, where nearly 40 million gamers are specifically thirsty for core gaming experiences?

As for games, May is absolutely nuts, perhaps more so than April was. I’ve bolded the ones I’m most excited for:

Sniper Elite v2 Remastered
Saint’s Row The Third
Assassin’s Creed III + Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil HD
Resident Evil 4
TT Isle of Man
Shakedown Hawaii
Castlevania Collection
Pixark
Team Sonic Racing
For The King
Lapis X Labyrinth
Atelier Lulua: Scion of Arland

All this hot off the back of April’s Mortal Kombat XI, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Darksiders, Cuphead, Dragon’s Dogma, SteamWorld Quest, Hob, BoxBoy + BoxGirl, LABO VR, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Hellblade and the first Trials Rising expansion.

Last generation I played Wii U for exclusives, but the majority of my time was spent on PS4 and 3DS. But now, I honestly can’t remember the last time I played another console. It’s not that there aren’t games to play, it’s just that I only have so much time and there are so many great games I want to play on Switch (and prefer to play on Switch), that it doesn’t leave any time for anything else. That’s not a bad thing. I guess it’s kind of a waste having a PS4 Pro and X1X just sit there unused, but I still like having the option, even if I never actually utilize it (will definitely fire ol’ Betsie up for Monster Hunter DLC though).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH and we still have shakedown Hawaii and castlevania collection. It's an unbelievable month for sure. I dont have enough money to satisfy my gaming appetite.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Getting so hyped for the mighty switch force collection!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Therad

Aren't we due for a new Mario kart soon? That could be a nice little e3 surprise launching later this year.

Therad

Magician

Therad wrote:

Aren't we due for a new Mario kart soon? That could be a nice little e3 surprise launching later this year.

Doubtful since MK8D is the best selling game on the Switch.

Why would Nintendo release a new entry while MK8D has nearly a 50% attach rate?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Therad wrote:

I would like to try next Mario Kart on Nintendo Switch.
But, i still curious about Animal Crossing for Switch.
Will it have some building features like on Dragon Quest Builders 2 / The Sims?

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@Therad Mario Kart Tour is coming out this summer. I could see Nintendo updating MK8 Deluxe to interact with that game and support the Labo VR goggles.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

MK Tour must be their most ambitious mobile game yet.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Therad

Magician wrote:

Therad wrote:

Doubtful since MK8D is the best selling game on the Switch.

Why would Nintendo release a new entry while MK8D has nearly a 50% attach rate?

Because it seems like half of switch owners likes Mario kart? And new games sells. Mario kart 8 is five years old, deluxe is 2 years as well.

Therad

Magician

Therad wrote:

Because it seems like half of switch owners likes Mario kart?

sigh

That's...the point. If Nintendo were to release MK9 that would only cannibalize potential MK8D sales, which is pointless. The Switch is projected to sell over 100m units throughout its life cycle. Would you throw away the possibility of selling another 35 million units at $50-$60 per piece? I doubt it. So the possibility of Nintendo releasing MK9 any time soon is next to zero, it'll be a while.

Edited on by Magician

Ralizah

I wish they would release new DLC for MK8D for those of us who already purchased this game + DLC last gen. It's a great game, and I love having a portable version, but there will always be a sort of "been there, done that" feel to it.

Also, I completely forgot about Bloodstained. I need this, too. There are so many good games coming out this year.
sigh

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic