Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,981 to 39,000 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

So with the Castlevania Anniversary Collection coming May 16th and the games in it revealed we're down to 3 Smash 3rd party fighters left with no Switch game:

• Snake
  • Richter (Richter's games aren't in the Castlevania collection)
  • Joker (though there's a good chance that'll end in a week)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Well, considering it's the Castlevania Collection 1, I think it's safe to assume Castlevania Collection 2 will have at least one of Richter's games.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'm less confident because of the Requiem collection for PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I actually like the voice acting in that clip. That sounds really good (for a JP localized game, of course).

@NintendoByNature
Skyrim x Dark Souls but with MH style combat and a small flair of Shadow of the Colossus boss hanging/climbing (not exactly the same but, as a comparison this is as close as you’re gonna get).

It’s not a perfect game, but neither is Skyrim (which had horrible melee combat and bugs galore) yet Skyrim is beloved as the classic that defined a generation. If Skyrim can be a classic (and I’m not arguing it’s not), so is Dragon’s Dogma.

It’s actually the number one game I wanted from Capcom on the Switch before MH World was announced. So to me, DD on a handheld is SUPER hype. I have it on the Win 2 but... games are so much more comfy on Switch, and dock to the TV.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH The lip movements are clearly synced to the Japanese track. It's like watching a Godzilla movie in English.

The animations look way smoother than they did in ZTD, thankfully. I wish it wasn't directly competing with Fire Emblem, as I really want to play it at launch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yeaaaah that’s a reality gut check. No way anything else is getting played once Fire Emblem drops

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

@tinnit is there a nintendo magazine I can buy from the uk

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH ahh thanks. Never played skyrim but didn't like dark souls. If it ends up getting the inevitable sale ( maybe e3 or black friday) I'll give it a shot. I'm sure it's good but I'm in no rush for it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NullPointerExcep
Would need a place to make requests first

JaxonH

Mortal Kombat XI just got a new 7gb patch you can download.

This takes the grand file size for the entire digital deluxe version of the game to:

[drum roll please...]

29gb

edit UPDATE
Correction, the patch was only additional data until fully installed. The game is now back down to 22.6gb. Still a really big game.

Officially the largest single icon Switch game released in the west. I’m so glad I’ve made the conversion to digital. This would’ve bugged the heck out of me two years ago when I was physical only. Buying digital was the best decision I’ve made with regard to gaming. All the stresses that came with owning all physical... flushed down the toilet (the fact 90%+ of physical games require day one updates, multiple patches, DLC, season passes, etc really helped me come to terms with digital). I’m not quite ready to let go of physical completely- I like the shelf collection after all, and at least some games come completely on cart like Darksiders and Final Fantasy X/X-2, but I think next generation I’m gonna make the jump all the way. Switch will be my last physical collection. And good timing I’d say, given the rate the industry is moving toward digital. The next Switch would only have even larger games, and companies are only growing every more comfortable requiring large downloads. I don’t think it’s worth even trying to bother with physical after this generation.

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

@JaxonH Well, the ratio of price of memory to size of games is continuing to fall, so I think it might be financially viable next generation as well. Though, who knows, some games are just ridiculous in size.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Ya, that’s true, though it likely won’t be enough to counter games expanding in size (which happens every generation). But even if it does, the two will likely just cancel each other out and we’re right back where we started.

The good news on that though, is lower cost and larger sizes for mobile storage solutions. I honest to goodness thought I’d have to wait until the end of the generation before the advent of 1TB microSD cards. Those things are sooooo needed. I ordered two, but Amazon cancelled citing not enough stock on release day. So I ordered from SanDisk, who then emailed and claimed they were out of stock and backordered.

Sigh. Hope they ship by the end of the month.

OorWullie

@JaxonH I'm fine with being all digital, I was 90% digital with Wii U and now I'm 98% digital with Switch. Nintendo could make things a lot easier for us though by allowing external storage via the dock.We could play all our games in docked mode no worries and pick and choose what games we want to store on the handheld. It seems like such an easy fix for our storage woes.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

HobbitGamer

I’ve only got 10 games physical, and four of them are Labo. SMO, SSBU, Yoshi, BotW and two others I can’t remember. I’ll get Saints on cart since it’s all on cart, so my friend can borrow when I take a break. But I’ve mostly transitioned to digital. It’s just more convenient for me. Even on X1, I only had Fallout 4 physical, everything else was digital. There’s some Switch games I want physical for, but those are pretty much first party, so there’s not really any price disparity, either.
Having my digital purchases tied to an account that could be changed to a replacement device if needed has always been a big plus for me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i still going Physical 99.99%
I refuse to buy digital only games until it will be released on physical, even i have to pay more on Ebay for LRG or SRG games.
If the games will be digital only forever, i will ignore those games, find other games that i think have a big chance to be released in physical.

Interesting fact, i have counted how many DS games (NDS & 3DS) that i can collect and it will require Seven boxes of HORI 3DS game cards 24. Phew... So many cards i will store. 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Buizel

I'm 100% digital (except for Pokemon) and feeling it, fast. I currently have a main 400 gb SD for my current games and Nintendo first-parties, and a second backup 400 gb.

Honestly one of the things I'd most like to see in a revised model is a second SD slot.

At least 2'8".

Octane

I mean, I buy a lot of physical games, but refusing to buy them if they aren't released physically is kinda silly.

Octane

Farmboy74

Regarding digital versus physical games, I’m in the process of moving to digital. On my Switch I tend to buy 1st party games physically and now looking to buy third party games digitally. I have a 400gb Sandisk card installed, but would like to see a revised Switch with bigger memory storage or a second SD card slot.

For my PS4, I just can’t see the point buying physical anymore as every game needs installing to the hard drive and I have a 4tb external hard drive connected to it.

Farmboy74

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Luckily, i have very few Switch eshop only games that captivated me, maybe 2 or 3 titles (Farm Together, 99Vidas, Catastronauts) 😉

Hopefully those games will be released in physical in the future because 99Vidas has ever been released in physical for PS4 & PS Vita by LRG.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic