Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,841 to 38,860 of 69,989

Ryu_Niiyama

I am so stoked about god eater 3. Will be preordering asap. I can't keep up with all of these games. April alone is obscene. I'm waiting till June to splurge though. but I got a feeling somewhere around 700 is going to get spent.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

I've never played a god eater game or know much about it. What would it be compared to gameplay wise? @Ryu_Niiyama

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

I've never played a god eater game or know much about it. What would it be compared to gameplay wise? @Ryu_Niiyama

Monster Hunter
Toukiden
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice
Dauntless

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoByNature Magican got you. It is a hunter style game. I don't enjoy monster hunter however I like God Eater and Toukiden.

Anybody played Portia yet on switch? I like what I've played so far on pc but no clue if it is a good port or not.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I never try to question anybody's purchases but I am curious as to why you want boxes for digital games? Just for the artwork? Just curious. Do you do that for all of your digital games?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh goodness no, I'd have 200 empty boxes!

I just wanted them for the Final Fantasy games and the classics RE4 and Valkyria Chronicles.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Ah. Ok gotcha. I was wondering after a point if you had like a "digital" section on your bookshelf.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

Nah, JaxonH has a scrapbook with printed title screens for all his digital games. he scribbles in the date he bought them and the date he first played them

Anyone try Labo 4 yet? I'm shutting my office for the weekend as I type this.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

@AlohaPizzaJack If he did that he would have the purchase date typed in, JaxonH is classy.

-jk

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Haruki_NLI

Purchase date and how many of his coworkers have played it with him.

This man is a word of mouth machine. Maybe he is an AI in a suit...

A marketing genius

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@AlohaPizzaJack If he did that he would have the purchase date typed in, JaxonH is classy.

-jk

Gotta have some way of keeping up with all these games in the absence of folders!

(In all seriousness I do separate 1st party retail downloads one one SD, with 3rd party retail downloads on another- I considered alphabetizing and splitting it by A-M and N-Z, but that would be way too much work šŸ˜‰)

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Purchase date and how many of his coworkers have played it with him.

This man is a word of mouth machine. Maybe he is an AI in a suit...

A marketing genius

I second that. @JaxonH is like the sign spinner that shames all other sign spinners šŸ˜

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh seconded on the folders grief. I was ok with the first year but I'm well over 100 games (120 something I think and thats really just because I'm on a budget this year) but its getting difficult to find things...

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

So first impression with just the vr goggles and some little games leaves me pretty satisfied and with a huge grin. Gonna build the camera in a few minutes.
Itā€™s definitely not uncomfortable, and itā€™s lighter than Iā€™d imagined. I had a few ā€œwoahhh itā€™s coming at meā€ reactions and that had me smiling like an idiot. Just like the 3DS, I have to find that ā€œsweet spotā€ for focus the correct way. But itā€™s a pretty amazing experience for such a low entry fee.

#MudStrongs

GeeEmm

@AlohaPizzaJack

Great to hear!
Just bought my starter pack. Can't wait to try it out after work.

GeeEmm

Grumblevolcano

I was thinking about Smash updates and if the 3.0 update is going to delete replay data (which it likely will), we know that Joker isn't releasing next week otherwise we'd have the replay warning by now. This further supports the idea of Joker being released around the same time Persona 5S is revealed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@AlohaPizzaJack
I just tried it out too. I havenā€™t got anything built aside from the actual goggles, so all Iā€™ve gotten to try are the first few little mini games, which to be honest are pretty horrible (at least the ones Iā€™ve tried so far- though I have seen a couple advertised that looked really fun)

Honest Verdict as a PSVR and Occulus Rift Owner

Itā€™s not that impressive. But I guess thatā€™s kind of to be expected, right? Even the high dollar VR kind of stopped impressing me after the first few weeks, so it would be silly to expect a budget VR with low res and no positional tracking, holding the screen to my face, to impress.

And, it does look pretty low res. About what youā€™d expect from a 720p screen in VR. Of course, even PSVR looks blurry in VR, so I kind of knew what the score was going in.

I think the actual main games will still be fun. And for someone whoā€™s never experience any VR, Iā€™m sure theyā€™re going to be quite a bit more impressive. Itā€™s basically like a VR viewfinder, where youā€™re looking into a 3D world. Itā€™s not even close to the full immersion experiences of high dollar VR sets. But it still looks 3D and still gives you that experience of kind of being in another world or at least, observing one. So if someone has never played VR I imagine it still going to provide that initial wow factor, even if scaled down quite a bit.

All in all Iā€™m not as impressed with it as I thought I would be, but Iā€™ve had a lot of fun putting the thing together and I havenā€™t really played the good stuff yet either. I shouldnā€™t be judging this thing off the crappy mini games that were thrown together by an intern in half an hour. I should report back after I build all of the contraptions and actually give it a proper go playing the real games.

Side note, The entire software package is incredibly charming, even the instructions for putting the thing together is so lighthearted with spurts of humor... it was an absolute joy to assemble those goggles. And the game has a ton of different modes and discover conversations where they explain exactly how everything works, not to mention the garage is incredibly expansive. I can tell a lot of effort went into making this particular release.

Edited on by JaxonH

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Yeah, I think this may be a good, cheap tasting for folks that never really ā€œgotā€ how VR type things can be. If anything, maybe it can get that general public interest in VR higher.
From my own experience of never using an Oculos or anything of the sort, this makes me think ā€œWow, I wonder what high end set ups can doā€. Because I only have the Virtual Boy and 3DS to be my closest comparisons, this does blow me away how just eliminating everything else from view makes a huge immersive thing. I was concerned about whether Iā€™d have to put on headphones, but the sound comes across nicely enough without.
Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m under no illusion that every Switch game should now support Labo VR; There have been quite a few moments Iā€™m irritated that something is ā€˜fuzzyā€™ or some such. The low resolution has me often wondering whether Iā€™m just not holding the right angle, or my eyes are tired after work and reading instructions. And the open sides on the googles means Iā€™m going to need some compressed air soon to blow things off the lenses. But I can definitely see myself lounging around to the videos or games once in awhile, not to mention BotW.
I think for Switch owners that have no other alternatives for VR gaming, or just have never tried it, this is a pretty neat set of kit. Especially with a $40 entry.

#MudStrongs

darkfenrir

Tbh if they don't want folder, they should at least let us do a "Search". That way you can search once and the game will be on the list

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic