Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,761 to 38,780 of 70,089

NintendoByNature

@OorWullie yea Celeste is very fun and addictive. The immediate respawn feature bodes well for it. That's great your clearing up your backlog. Nothing stresses me out more than having tons of games I started that I haven't finished lol. I'm basically only having a rotation of 3 games max to avoid not finishing games or starting new ones. It's a new plan I've set for myself and it's been working out for a couple weeks now. Good for you though and jumping back into something you stopped playing a while back.

NintendoByNature

WebHead

Come on guys, theyre not gonna stealth drop Mario Maker 2. Its one of their biggest titles of the year. Use your head.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

WebHead wrote:

...Mario Maker 2. Its one of their biggest titles of the year.

Glances at Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, and Animal Crossing 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

I mean, it's Mario Maker. Everyone knows what to expect. If they release another trailer and a launch trailer they're set. They don't need a Direct or E3 for that, technically. Doesn't mean they won't do it, but it shouldn't be taken as a given either.

Octane

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

I think the “average American” hasn’t yet had need to go beyond 18mbps. As soon as the day comes they have need of it, they won’t hesitat to upgrade. Like... the average American didn’t have a blue ray player 20 years ago. But as soon as Blu-ray’s started hitting the market, the need shifted and people bought one. Now, the average American might not yet have the speeds necessary. But that’s because they haven’t needed those speeds yet. Once you present the need, they’ll upgrade the speed. Just like if someone needs a console to play games, they buy one. On top of which, the “average American” is dragged down by 100 million non-gamers who just want to browse the net on their iPad- avid gamers will almost certainly skew higher for average speed.

The problem here is though, that ISP’s need to invest in their networks to be able to meet the correct levels of demanded infrastructure for streaming gaming. And to justify network investments, they unfortunately mainly look at these 100 million non-gamers with fewer needs. Of course, in the long run your argumentation holds up perfectly.

NintendoByNature wrote:

Personally I only want to hear more info about links awakening. Is it a straight 1:1 port( with visual upgrade) of the dx version or are we getting more ?

From what we’ve seen so far it’s already quite obvious that we should at least call it a remake, right? Assuming we are allowed to use more buttons than the GameBoy’s d-pad and A/B-buttons 😉 What makes you even consider that this would be ‘just a straight port’?

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

WebHead wrote:

...Mario Maker 2. Its one of their biggest titles of the year.

Glances at Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, and Animal Crossing 😂

@AlohaPizzaJack so you name 3 other titles? That only proves NintendoByNature right. I would say SMM2 is bigger than Luigi’s Mansion btw, making SMM2 potentially a top 3 first party release for 2019. Of course, it all depends on taste 😉

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck what i mean by straight port is... Will the entire story, dungeon and overworld be identical to it's dx counterpart or will we get some thing a little different. Know what i mean? Its obvious it's a remake when you look at its visuals but what about the gameplay and story. That's what I was referring. Sorry i shouldve cleared that up

NintendoByNature

Aozz101x

Mortal Kombat 11 Commercial for Switch

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Magician

WebHead wrote:

Come on guys, theyre not gonna stealth drop Mario Maker 2. Its one of their biggest titles of the year. Use your head.

Don't be bashful. I know this comment was intended for me.

Of course SMM2 won't be stealth dropped. Nintendo already has set the launch window, somewhere in June. You can visit the official page if you don't believe me.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-maker-2-switch

What isn't known is the exact date. But I'm confident that Nintendo will shadow drop a demo for SMM2 during E3 to raise interest in the game. Although I'm also sure that interest in the game is already at a fever pitch. SMM2 is going to be one of those games that'll sell ten million+ copies.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

Given ARMS released within a week of E3, as did Sushi Striker and Mario Tennis not long after...

Methinks we can say when Mario Maker will release.

Heck you can pinpoint when Nintendo releases stuff based on the past two years alone.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

toiletduck

@NintendoByNature I didn't mean to come over harsh, I was just a bit surprised by your choice of words it's completely clear now!

@AlohaPizzaJack hehe ok I'll watch it from now on

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

EvilLucario

Stage Builder is confirmed for 3.0 of Smash Ultimate!

Look closely at 0:02 at the bottom right corner.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

That's crazy, they have to know people would see that right?

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Yesss. Good catch.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

Niiice, one of the few things I missed in ultimate

TuVictus

Diddy64

@NintendoByNature Perhaps Nintendo did it on purpose. Aonuma give a tease of the (distant) future months ago when he said "We know what you're waiting for. Skyward Sword for Switch right?".
They sometimes tease this things in one way or another 😉

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic