Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,681 to 38,700 of 70,026

JaxonH

@Octane
Hmmm, good question.

I was hoping you could leave them in for head tracking but have a separate controller in hand to use when controlling the character.... probably not. I guess that kills that idea.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@ReaderRagfish

It works great. It seems everyone who's never played VR has this idea that VR has to be first person, when in actuality half the VR games out there aren't in first person. Many are, but many aren't. VR is just a perspective, being "in the world". Whether you're in the world viewing from the first person perspective or in the world viewing from a 3rd person perspective, you're still in the world. Only difference is also seeing your character like you see everything else

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

I do wonder how BotW & Odyssey will work in VR. Even if there's no gyro control for the camera and it essentially ends up being just a stereoscopic 3D experience (just, close to your face unlike 3DS), it'll still be cool. Even with the 30 FPS gameplay & low res, I don't see why that setup would make anyone more prone to motion sickness than playing on 3DS.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

@ReaderRagfish The first game I ever played in VR (Adventure Time: Magic Man's Head) used the 3rd person camera incredibly well. You can still look around and control the camera with gyro, but they limited it so you couldn't completely force your character off screen. Think of it like mapping the right analog stick in most games to the gyro controls, and you get the general idea, though obviously it's not that simple.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Never played any of those beyond FFX briefly. Cuphead is downloaded though.

The others need to wait...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NintendoByNature

Cup heads been staring at me since the njndies show case last month. Can't wait to jump in

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

I'll probably go for Cup Head. I'll admit I was a little disappointed when I watched a speedrun of it this winter. I thought it was more of a stage platformer, but it seems the majority of the game is boss battles? Can anyone confirm? Maybe it was just the speedrun route they took, but I only saw a handful of actual "stages" - everything else was boss fights.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

rallydefault

@DarthNocturnal
Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Still gonna get it, just a tad disappointed. Guess I'm hopelessly traditional lol

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

After recent Nintendo things like Labo VR branching out beyond just Labo games and Yoshi's Crafted World (Ninjarama), I wonder if Nintendo Land's possibly making a comeback.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

After recent Nintendo things like Labo VR branching out beyond just Labo games and Yoshi's Crafted World (Ninjarama)

What does that level have to do with Labo?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It isn't, Labo VR branching out and Yoshi's Crafted World being 2 separate recent Nintendo things. Ninjarama reminds me of the ninja Nintendo Land minigame.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

I’d probably be interested in another Nintendo Land. But they’d need to populate the plaza with actual online players (like the avatar thing on PS3)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

To anyone who's played Hob yet, Is it like a 2d/3d zelda game? I saw some brief gameplay and immediately thought zelda gameplay. Is it any good?

NintendoByNature

StuTwo

I wonder how long until they announce Virtual Boy games for Labo VR.

For actual modern VR games the screen is too low res, the console too heavy and too weak to really be successful. A Virtual Boy emulator though seems perfect for this. Far more so than it would have been on 3DS.

Sure it’d be niche fan service for all of the game (singular) worth playing on it but it’d generate disproportionate interest amongst Nintendo fans.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

HobbitGamer

@StuTwo I’d at least play Mario Tennis. But not Waterworld. Not again.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Skip Hob.

The game is actually fantastic. The problem is Panic Button took their usual “nuke the resolution” approach for handheld mode.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that I’m playing Darksiders in handheld mode- a far, far more demanding game in full 720p with all its AAA visual spectacle, which even has a 60fps option... yet Hob looks like Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I was really enjoying it on the TV, then I undocked it and was like wth Panic Button.

You know, people say they’re so talented to get any game running but I’m inclined to believe that’s just not true. The studio that ported Darksiders, now that’s a talented studio. The guys who brought Skyrim and Diablo 3, now that’s a talented studio. The Dark Souls port, that was from a talented studio. The fact these AAA games can run 720p in handheld mode, yet Panic Button can’t even get Hob above 500p just makes you wonder how good DOOM and Wolfenstein would have looked had any of these other studios been given the opportunity.

RIP Torchlight II

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH thanks man. I had no interest in the game til I saw a video beat em ups posted and thought it looked decent. At least you saved me some money 😋

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I thought Yoshi was all happy and cute, that nothing overtly dark was there. Then I played the level “Be afraid of the dark”. Have fun playing that one with the kids, parents 😂

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic