Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,601 to 37,620 of 51,102

EvilLucario

So........................................................................................

Last night, I accidentally deleted my VC1 save file. I was at Chapter 13.

Now it's back to square one. Today I got in some time to continue my progress. Three hours in on that new file and I'm back at Chapter 7. Now that I know what to do though, the missions are flying by like nothing else. I'm getting consistent A/B ranks like nothing else.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@JackEatsSparrows Dont get me wrong there can be times that taking a well known brand and subverting expectations can really work and give a brand a new lease of life but i just think that developers can do so much more when there not restricted by what had already been done before. Look at the origins of Devil May Cry starting life as a Resident Evil game or how Splatoon was at one point a Mario game and you see examples of good games becoming great games because they were able to leave the baggage of the brand behind and create something new.

bluemage1989

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfihs When I was getting myself comfortable, I pressed X (which is delete, and it has the same overall box as selecting the actual thing) and not A. So... yeah.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@ThanosReXXX completely agree with what you say about cross play. Cross play is a vital step towards the future of gaming, i mean could you imagine (not the best example) if Apple had restricted calls to Android devices simply because there the competition that would be ridiculous, and its a shame it has taken so long for the big three to really begin to embrace cross play. I dont think any of the big three would be foolish enough to step back on cross play in the future.

It could be that i am still just a bit cynical with regards to Microsofts motivations but i would genuinely like to see more cooperation between the two companies (especially as what i have read about Phil Spencer this evening seems very positive) as i feel they do have a lot to offer each other but i do think that, at least for a while, it will be hard going. Neither company wants to give away to much and both are still looking to gain from any corporate friendship but fingers crossed it works out well.

I do agree with what you mean about good will, and i believe you work in marketing/sales so you will know more about this than me, but i do feel that good will can so easily be lost as quickly as it is gained and that the gaming community can be very fickle and i do wonder if Microsoft will want something more substantial than good will for there efforts but like i said maybe im just becoming a bit of a cynical old man

bluemage1989

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
Cloud saves...

#WorthIt

PLAYING
NS: Trails of Cold Steel 3, Catherine Full Body
PC: Trails of Cold Steel, Persona 4 Golden

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Pikmin 3, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Ys 9, Trails of Cold Steel 4
PC: Vampire: Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

@JaxonH I have no idea why, but my cloud saves didn't actually work. I had NO BACK-UPS at all. I don't know if I just had to go into the options first, but when I checked I had absolutely no cloud save at all. I was pissed off, but on the bright side I just finished Chapter 7 and I'll be blitzing my way to Chapter 13 where I left off real easily. So I'm not too angry anymore.

Therad

@JaxonH cloud saves don't help you if the games delete them from the server as well. Which might very well happen if you use the delete action.

Therad

Therad

Regarding Bond, I am quite sure it is Ian Flemming's relatives that own the character. If they are not interested in games, it won't happen.

Everything that is only in the movies are owned by MGM though. Which might explain some cameos in other games.

Therad

electrolite77

@bluemage1989

As one of those long term Nintendo U.K. fans, the problem was Nintendo themselves. Farming out their distribution and marketing from 1987 to 2001 and only really getting to together for the Wii/DS era let their competitors get such a strong foothold it’s very hard to break that grip.

Things seem a lot better with the Switch though. My local GAME has a big section very prominent and the supermarkets are carrying Nintendo again.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

IceClimbers

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@IceClimbers If it turns out to be true that Nintendo hit at least 10 million in hardware sales for the October to December quarter than that is incredibly impressive. Where would that put Nintendo for the year so far? Must be about 15 million?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Haruki_NLI

5 million in a week for Smash and 10m systems for the quarter?

I may have been a bit bwhind when I said Spiderman was the best selling exclusive of 2018...

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

Oh yeah. Ultimate SMASHED everyone's wildest expectations on the sales front.

If Pokemon and Animal Crossing both turn out well this year, then 2019 is going to be even crazier in terms of sales for the system. I already have family members talking about buying systems for AC (although, being handheld-only gamers, they're not thrilled with the hardware design of the Switch; it would be amazingly smart for Nintendo to release a smaller, cheaper, and more handheld-oriented model of the Switch alongside those two games, which will benefit tremendously from portability).

Edited on by Ralizah

Current Games:

Astral Chain (Switch)

DOOM 3: BFG Edition (PC)

Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@bluemage1989 Don't worry about being either cynical or skeptical about it: we all know that Microsoft deserved plenty of that in the not too distant past, and it's something that they, unfortunately, still have to carry with them, because of the idiots that were previously at the helm of the Xbox department.

But all of that kinda put them in the middle of a storm, with at the height of it, the whole fumble with the Xbox One's launch. Then things started to change, part out of necessity, part because someone saw the light. However, when you're in the middle of a storm, you'll still have to navigate some pretty big waves before you get to calmer waters, and that's more or less what's still happening now, so the good has not completely outweighed all the bad yet. But we have to give credit for the efforts made, and all of their efforts so far, are good.

Right now, there isn't a single bad thing happening, unless you count the Crackdown 3 delay, and the deafening silence currently surrounding it, while it is supposed to be released next month as a bad thing. It does make me wonder, but far as I know, that's the only thing I can come up with.

As for that good will factor: in business, that's a different thing than in private life. In the latter, it is fleeting, in the former, it is both all important and all-encompassing. If you are able to get it, as a company, you'll do whatever you can to keep it. Entire marketing teams will be dedicated towards that one goal, so unless they royally screw up, because they didn't learn from past mistakes, or something to that extent, we can expect it to last for quite some time to come.

And to be clear: it's not Microsoft that wants the good will, they want US to have it towards them, and the gain would be the public seeing the Xbox brand in a better light, and as that happens, more people will flock towards them. They are ticking all the boxes right now, and so is Nintendo (well, pretty much), but Sony is not, so it's only logical for the general public to currently see the brands that ARE making the effort, as worth considering, and THAT is what Microsoft will more than likely be aiming at. Good will with the target audience will almost always translate to sales and more customers...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

link3710

@Ralizah I mean, given rumors for a certain other game (Smash), that report is very likely true. It'd be nice to finally give this game a shot after hearing about it for like... well it'll have been announced for NX 3 years ago by the time it launches.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

I do hope that Squeenix does an international release this year but I really really hope they keep the digital versions separate. Its a minor thing but I don't want to reboot every time I want to play that game.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Alantor28

With all these rumors of SNES games coming to NSO, I hope those rumors are true. But while I like the VC in past Nintendo consoles, I don't understand why some people on this site don't like a Netflix like service for NSO and only want the Online to be free and be able to purchase them without a rental service, I can somewhat understand why, but I have to say this.

Nothing is free in this world. We just need to learn to deal with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

Um, stupid question guys. I just beaten Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu and I am trying to fill out my Pokedex, so is there a thread that focuses on Ultra Sun and Moon and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee trades and online battles? I really need to complete my Pokedex for Let's Go Pikachu.

PSN: MMX20

Toy_Link

The Japanese EShop listing for Phoenix Wright Trilogy is up, it will released in Japan for about 30 dollars (3,300 yen) and will be released on February 21st with a file size of 1.7 GB.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic