Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,601 to 37,620 of 69,981

HobbitGamer

@Octane Game of the Year. We just couldn’t understand the artistry.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GrailUK

@JaxonH The spider boss thing (to give it it's official name lol) jumps far too close to the area boundary. I got blasted quite far outside the zone and there is a really painfully slow reset where you have no control to get back any quicker. My arsenal just dragged awkwardly across the floor. Worse still, it didn't mind putting me back inside the boss's shields. Happened to me last night.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Sadist

@nintendobynature

Knowing Capcom, (and seeing RE 4, 5 and 6 got stand alone retail releases) at best you’ll get an Origins Collection, REmake and Zero. But I can see Capcom just doing seperate releases, digital only.

Sadist

Haruki_NLI

I can safely say itll be digital only in Europe at the very least.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Buizel

I'm pretty hyped for Hellblade. Well, moreso the idea of it than anything. I already own the game on PC and, although I play mostly in handheld mode, I struggle to see myself playing it on the go.

But still - a Ninja Theory game on the Switch? That's pretty huge. And one with a photorealistic style and that is thematically very dark. I think it sets a good precedent for other 3rd party games on the Switch. Personally I would have asked for Enslaved though!

At least 2'8".

FragRed

I wonder if Hellblade's plan and development of the Switch port had already been put into action prior to Microsoft purchasing the studio? Not saying Microsoft wouldn't have prevented the port as there clearly is some interest in expanding their brands outside the Xbox ecosystem as Phil Spencer has been clear about doing. It is interesting to note that the copyright still states Ninja Theory and not Microsoft as often becomes the case after a buy out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

@FragRed From what I gather the IP when acquired by Microsoft goes the same way as it did with RARE. The IP stays under the ownership of the studio. Microsoft as the owner of the company can obviously have final say but what happens with the IP is down to the studio that owns it.

Because Ninja Theory owned Hellblade, Microsoft by proxy owns Hellblade, but the rights were not separated from NT, if that makes sense.

By buying the owner, they own the IP, without having to separate the IP, but that doesn't give them full control.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@JaxonH DQ has never inspired a lot of excitement in the West, unfortunately. There's a reason we got so few of the 3DS DQ games.

I expect it'll be a Ys VIII situation. It won't sell bucketloads in the West, but enthusiasm from core Nintendo fans and heavy promotion from the company itself will likely ensure that it's the best-selling version of the game in the West. I'm expecting the initial PS4 release to stay the best-selling version in Japan, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I would be thrilled if it became the best selling version in the west. But that’s what worries me. It just seems like nobody cares, at all. Dragon Quest seems much more aligned with Xenoblade or Final Fantasy than YS VIII. I expected to at least see as much interest as Xenoblade or Fire Emblem. Kind of a “1-2 million seller”.

And 3DS was actually best selling version in Japan, unless you’re talking about the console version only, in which case I agree. Late release can’t touch it in Japan, especially with most JP Nintendo gamers already having bought the 3DS version.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH 3DS version is extremely different, so no, I'm not counting it.

Anyway, new exclusives like Xenoblade and FE are always going to generate more enthusiasm than ports. But I still expect DQ to do well in the West, what with Nintendo promoting it pretty heavily and there being a decent number of people in the West who will drift to this as their default portable version.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@link3710
I love DQM games myself. Terry’s Wonderland on 3DS (3DS fan translation 😉) was a game I drooled over for a long time, and was so happy when I could finally play it. But DQXI is a pretty major leap forward for the series. Much more modern than anything you’ve played in the past. It’s like the Zelda BotW of Dragon Quest, so to speak. Well, maybe not that polished and perfect but, you know what I mean.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Honestly the only thing that could help Dragon Quest at this point is Smash, otherwise it's just a niche RPG series outside Japan.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I always got the sense that DQXI was basically "DQVIII, but with modern gen graphics."

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Honestly the only thing that could help Dragon Quest at this point is Smash, otherwise it's just a niche RPG series outside Japan.

I think they should push it a bit more though. XI looks great, so I hope they give it a big ad campaign around launch time just to make sure everyone's seen it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

Sorry - been away from the forum a bit over the last few months, so apologies if this recently came up:

With Microsoft's recent "let's be bros with Nintendo" thing going on, is this not the prime time to strike a deal and get a Diddy Kong Racing relaunch? Maybe start with a remaster of the original and then follow up with a sequel that would release on both Xbox/PC and Switch hardware? In this day of online gaming, the DKR scene would be awesome. Just look at the legs online-capable Mario Kart installments have had.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

I think DQ in Smash is a lock based off that tease. That could help the game a ton. The western version only sold 750k across PS4 and PC. Which, compared to say, Tales of Vesperia, is really good. Compared to Xenoblade or Octopath or Persona 5... not so good. This was supposed to be their break out hit in the west.

They need Smash.

@Tsurii
I haven’t seen anyone judge excitement for a game based on “yelling at the top of their lungs”. Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread.

I judge based on correlated metrics, such as relative user feedback on social media, comparing feedback of a game to that of other games announced... something that’s actually tangible and reliable. That’s something you can take to the bank. Is it a potentially biased sample due to customers who don’t follow social media? Sure. But I see no evidence to suggest gamers who don’t follow social media have significantly different interests than gamers who do.

So can we stop acting like people are judging based on the volume of their screams in a forum rather than actual user feedback which was explicitly stated? Something that’s actually indicative of interest? Thank you kindly

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

@FragRed Any projects there were under development prior to their acquisition are still allowed to be completed. Outer Worlds is still a multiplatform title for example. Any project they started after their acquisition will be Microsoft exclusive.

Octane

Arbor

I have a (potentially) very dumb question, so sorry... I only own two joy-cons, and my dad and I wanted to play smash together, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I know how to add a player to your match, but I have tried completely shutting my switch down, then only turning on one joy-con and it won't let me open the game unless I've got both on, and then once in game it won't let me add one joycon that's already on as a second player. Do I need to buy another joy-con or am I just dumb????

edit: asked it here instead of the smash thread because I plan on buying Mario kart 8 deluxe soon and I was wondering if it works the same way.

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

JaxonH

“Ya um, we don’t really understand DLC or how it works, so we decided to just make an entirely new game instead. And all the backers will be getting the sequel for free”

-Team Cherry with regard to Hollow Knight- Silksong

I swear, Team Cherry can do no wrong. I backed Hollow Knight waaaay back when it was pitched as a PC game with a Wii U stretch goal. Never thought it’d become what it is today

@Arbor
Hit home, go to controller settings, and reconnect the controllers where it asks you to press L+R to connect. Turn each one sideways and press the SL+SR to connect as 2 separate sideways controllers.

That works for any game.

EvilLucario

@JaxonH To be fair Hollow Knight did get a ton of free DLC already :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic