Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,581 to 37,600 of 69,990

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I think Town is a proper Nintendo game. The only reason Pokemon does its own thing is because of The Pokemon Company, but Town doesn't have anything to do with TPC.

Octane

BenGrimm

@electrolite77

Was not interested in Yoshi at all, I’ve never played any of the previous games going back to the SNES but the demo has me sold too, really looking forward to it.

BenGrimm

link3710

@Octane Nah, that's probably not true. Keep in mind, GameFreak's published games on other systems recently, so they're still a 3rd party developer when it comes to anything other than Pokemon.

Edit: My point being GameFreak's free to put it elsewhere, I agree that it won't happen in a Pokemon Direct.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Octane

@link3710 If you're talking about that elephant game, it is because it was a digital game, so Game Freak could be the ''publisher''. Nintendo is the publisher for Town, so it's really a Nintendo thing. It's like how Nintendo doesn't own HAL, but they do own Kirby, so Ninty gets to decide when and where to show Kirby.

Octane

IceClimbers

Is Town even getting a retail release?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@Octane I heavily assumed Town was digital only from the way it's been advertised. Didn't know NIntendo was officially publishing it either.

link3710

Sadist

So for this year, things I want;

• Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Fire Emblem The Three Houses
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Astral Chain
  • Link’s Awakening

And there will be more. I’m good.

Sadist

NintendoByNature

@Sadist I'm thinking since we haven't heard any news on the 3 resident evil games coming yet. It's going to be end of the year thing with all 3 games in a bundle at retail. I'm sure they'll have the ability to purchase each one individually like revelations was.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

IceClimbers wrote:

Is Town even getting a retail release?

I think it will be Physical release.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

I just played the Daemon X Machina prototype missions, and man is this game fun!

All I kept hearing on reddit was complaints, and “I didn’t like it” and things of that nature. I don’t know what those people are on because this game is freaking awesome. Sometimes I think there are certain people who are used to Western AAA games, and when they play a game like this it’s completely underwhelming to them. Same thing happened with Xenoblade 2. People played Zelda BotW, and then got caught in the hype for Xenoblade 2, and hated it. But for people who play those types of games it was amazing. And it kinda feels the same here.

All I know is I love it. I had low expectations going in because of the reactions I had read from others. But I’m glad I played it for myself.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@JaxonH I'm going to pick it up for sure. I will say I wish the sound effects were beefier.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@JaxonH The thing to do with Reddit is just ignore 99% of what people say, because it's always complaints about something, They never seem happy. Luckily, they aren't the majority of Nintendo fans, let alone owners so the game isn't going to live or die by their misery. But I do really love the look of the game though I don't have time to try the demo - way too much to play right now.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

All I know is, the demo pushed quite a lot of cut scenes on me to begin with, when all I wanted to do was get into the mech and test out the handling. Thankfully the cutscenes were skippable.

So I finally get into the game proper... I got about half a second to think 'Oh, the handheld graphics are a bit ropey' and then it immediately crashed. Can't remember another Switch game crashing on me yet.

Haven't bothered trying it again yet. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer on any game, but this wasn't a great first impression.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

I've seen alot of mixed information on the game. Either really good or really bad. I'll try the demo soon and see what all the fuss is about

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

It has some major issues that dragged it down for me, but, on the whole, they're things that should be easily addressable. It could very easily be quite a fun game, and they're apparently sending surveys out to some people to gather data on improvements. Hopefully "INCREASE AMMO DROPS FROM SMALL ENEMIES" and "STABILIZE THE FRAMERATE" will ring through loud and clear.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

I have some criticisms, for sure. Needs more tactile and audial feedback for gunfire and being hit with gunfire. Enemies blend into surroundings. Also heard complaints about redirecting from out of bounds during boss fight caused some issues when boss shield bounced you OOB.

I’ll be glad to share that feedback if I get a survey.

Also, where’s the Dragon Quest hype? Seriously. I look on Twitter, I see Hollow Knight sequel with 42k upvotes, Mario Maker 2 and Zelda with tens of thousands of upvotes, even Deltarune...

And Dragon Quest XI S and DQ Builders 2 sitting at 2-3k. Like, are you for real Nintendo fans? Same for Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. Game won crazy awards, and the Switch version looks insanely good... like 3k upvotes. At least that one I can kinda understand. But Dragon Quest? What gives. I thought this whole “if it isn’t made by Nintendo or an indie, I’m not interested” schtick was a thing of the past...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I’m already making a feedback list. So if I don’t get a survey, I’ll still drop my thoughts on their Facebook. I’m only doing it because I really like what it could be. I think it’s neat that they thought “Hey, Let’s put these playable bits out there and get feedback while we have time to make changes, not two weeks before the game comes out” (Looking at you, 76)
It also helps that I imagine I’m playing a mix of Macross Plus and what could have been Crystal Dreams 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@JaxonH I'm super hyped for Hellblade. Nooooot so much for DQ XI. I'll give the series another try... but so far the only entries I've enjoyed were the original Dragon Quest Monsters games. DQ XI looks really good but... my hopes aren't high.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic