Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,901 to 36,920 of 69,962

Diddy64

@DarthNocturnal I think Prime Trilogy is given after this unfortunate news. Also I agree that it would be cool to have Samus Returns and Prime Hunters in HD.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

bluemage1989

gcunit wrote:

Therad wrote:

2) Retro's original IP is dead.

I don't feel confident retro can pull it off though. Retros last new game (tropical freeze) was released in 2014.

Or maybe Retro has nearly completed a game...

This was my first thought on hearing that Retro were taking over MP4. They have been quiet for a long time now and it has been strange there hasn't been any news on what they have been up to but at the same time Nintendo would never just let them sit around working on something for years with no progress being made. Besides if they really were a company in crisis as some have speculated i cant imagine Nintendo would be handing over one of its most important Switch games especially now after the reset. My guess is well see a reveal at E3 for Retros new game, no idea what it would be but even another Donkey Kong game would be great if unsurprising.

As for the starting over. Im actually kinda okay with it i mean at least i know its going to be an end of the Switchs lifespan game and i can just forget about it for a while and focus on other things. I think Nintendo could see the hype for MP4 and after Other M didnt want to be caught in a similar situation. I do think they might have regretted the reveal that E3 in development reveal though...

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@SamusLv7 i actually think this makes it less likely were going to the the Prime Trilogy anytime soon. Assuming MP4 is 2021 i think they will save it for building up hype closer to the next games release. I think we might just need to accept were going to be waiting a few years before we have the chance to play anything Metroid on Switch.

bluemage1989

HobbitGamer

Or maybe they’ll give us SNES games, with Super Metroid.
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. It’s past my bed time.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Diddy64

@bluemage1989 yes, it could be the case. Let's hope that Mercury Stream has working on a 2D Metroid after they completed Samus Returns so that the wait for Prime Trilogy and Prime 4 can be more bearable.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

electrolite77

MP Trilogy has been rumoured by a lot more people than Imran. Including a lot of people who’ve got stuff right in the past.

They won’t want to have announced it with the MP4 delay as it would be associated with the bad news. So they’ve cleared the decks of that disappointment before the earnings release this week (and fair play to them for the apology even if it was so sincere I started to get nervous Takahashi-san was going to commit hari-kari).

A Direct will follow soon after with Trilogy announced and also whatever Retro have just finished with-I can’t see any way in heaven and Earth they’d be getting MP4 if they’d just had another game cancelled.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

@bluemage1989

They can easily fit another 2D game, even if it’s another remake in before MP4 releases. Even a HD port of Samus Returns would keep the pot boiling.

Playstation ID - GJB77

DannyBoi

@electrolite77 Takahashi san commiting hara kiri? Ah yes, the fabled direct where all the children watching the direct see a nintendo exceutive commit hara kiri on screeen.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

electrolite77

@DannyBoi

At least we’d have known how sorry he was

Playstation ID - GJB77

Haruki_NLI

The whole MPT thing was perpetuated by YouTubers who later had to apologise saying they based it on their hopes and Nintendo teasing with Reggie in a shirt, and their own expectations for the game awards.

Now said people have backtracked AGAIN and now say it IS real?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well... Mario 128 was of course never more than a tech demo. Some sites made more of that, than it actually was. You could say it was a development cycle for Nintendo, to learn how to make a Pikmin game, but that too is in my opinion, somewhat far-fetched.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Yeah, it was. My point was more that it wasn't a game that was scrapped mid-development, since it never was an actual game to begin with. Just a glorified tech demo. A very smart and nice one, and a highly accomplished one, that really showed what the GameCube was capable off, but a tech-demo nonetheless.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

electrolite77

@Knuckles-Fajita

Some people never changed their mind. They were wrong about it being announced at the TGAs but that’s all they’ve backtracked on.

Playstation ID - GJB77

Anti-Matter

I was thinking like this.
Mario has so many his games in different genre.
Would be nice if there are some different Mario games such as Super Mario Kingdom Builders (Sandbox like Dragon Quest Builders), Super Mario Rhythm Party (like DDR / Beatmania), Cooking Mario.

Anti-Matter

GeoChrome

There’s already DDR: Mario Mix and a Mario skin on Minecraft Switch. Since Cooking Mama is dead, there definitely won’t be a Cooking Kirby or something like that.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

Hotel Mario....

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Yeah definitely. But that doesn't take away that Miyamoto talked about it as if it was a real game. People were looking forward to this ''Mario 128'' thing; until he suddenly forgot about it a decade later

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows (holds hands on ears) nononononononononono...

@Octane Much like Pikmin 4...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic