Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,881 to 36,900 of 70,024

Anti-Matter

Well...
Since i have no interest with Metroid games, so i can keep focus on Animal Crossing on Switch.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Anti-Matter wrote:

Well...
Since i have no interest with Metroid games, so i can keep focus on Animal Crossing on Switch.

Untitled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Haha, good one. I was actually going to react to him with a simple "Pfffff.... ",
but ultimately thought better of it. But your "way" is better. Pun intended.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Metroid Prime Replay!

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@AlternateButtons Pikmin 3. Project HAMMER. Mother 3. Animal Crossing. Pokemon Red and Green. The first Metroid Prime was initially a different game altogether.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita You forgot a couple:

• Sabreman Stampede (formerly known as Donkey Kong Racing for the GameCube, both canceled)
  • Earthbound 64
  • Dinosaur Planet (N64 developed, scrapped, and refitted to become Star Fox Adventures for GameCube)
  • Thunder Rally (Retro Studios game for GameCube, 1 of 3 titles scrapped in favor of Metroid Prime)
  • Metroid 64
  • Diddy Kong Pilot (NDS)
  • 40 Winks (N64)
  • Dead Phoenix (GameCube)
  • Raven Blade (GameCube)
    And of course, who can forget:
  • Project Giant Robot for the Wii U

@DarthNocturnal Sounds good, sign me up!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DannyBoi

Will the mp4 delay affect the switch in any way?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Diddy64

@Knuckles-Fajita Truly sad but at least Retro Studios is working on Prime 4 now.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

electrolite77

@subpopz

Did they really say no Switch Pro? In the interview I saw Furukawa says they’re not planning a Switch successor but nothing about Switch iterations. I reckon there’s going to be quite a few.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Toy_Link
EDIT: I do not believe that MPT HD is actually coming, just reposting this since some sites are reporting on it.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

HobbitGamer

Well, if a guy at Game Informer says it’s true...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows @Tsurii Exactly. Pretty big leap to make. More like Assumption Central, I'd say...

Yep, this totally explains where Metroid Prime Trilogy disappeared to... NOT!
I'll believe that, when I'll see it actually landing on a cartridge in a game shop near me...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX @Tsurii Plus the same guy goes "I dunno what happened, Reggie said in December Prime 4 was fine". So he clearly doesn't realize that's what a spokesperson would say

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Let alone a person responsible for positive marketing of the Nintendo brand...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX “Listen, you can’t say anything yet, but Prime is a dumpster fire. And Nintendo is awful. And Mario is actually a drunk”

#MudStrongs

Therad

@JackEatsSparrows drug addict you mean... Why do you think everything around him has to do with mushrooms?

It is also quite possible Reggie didn't know about the status of MP4. For all we know, everyone outside of the dev team might have thought it was on track.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Now where did that like button disappear to, in forum topics?

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Fair enough on the slipping your mind part. Having said that, both mine and @NEStalgia's points also still stand, and very firmly so. Like I said: they aren't opinions, they are facts, clearly visible and noticeable in every day life.

Had you followed us from the beginning with this specific discussion, then you would have almost certainly noticed me already mentioning that we too experienced such issues with our parents and/or grandparents, so they probably had similar comments for us in store, as is indeed always the case with generational gaps, but what we also noticed, and what is ab-so-lute-ly true, is that the gap has never been wider or has never grown so fast as it has now, and THAT is the big difference.

One golden rule to live by, though, and one that never fails to work (learned it from my grandpa), is that if you don't feel that some comment represents you or what you stand for, then you also shouldn't feel attacked by it. So, in this case, if you're not one of the kinds of younger people that we were discussing, then there's really nothing for you to be so upset or annoyed about.

And I can't speak for others, so I'll let @NEStalgia add his own two cents, but I most certainly don't mean any harm by it, nor to I wish to blindly label all millennials and/or younger-than-me people. For me, it's just an observation I'm making, and it is confirmed almost every day, all around me, so both at work and in my private/social life.

Luckily, there's always exceptions to the rule, so it's definitely not all bad, and I don't even want to put everybody in the same box, but in general, there's a lot of real world examples of how quick (too quick?) mankind is trying to adapt/has to adapt to an ever faster changing world and society, with an almost constantly growing stream of stimuli and pressure, and unfortunately, that comes with all kinds of negatives.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero

P.S.

And seeing as I was never directing any of what I said to you, before you replied to me, I was never assuming anything about your age either. I'm in sales & marketing, have been for a LONG time, and one of the primary rules there goes like this: "assumptions are deadly", a rule I also use in daily life.

Which is also why I never just make any, only if I have suspicions that are all but confirmed.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

JaxonH

The top brass at GameInformer isn’t some internet street leaker hiding behind anonymity without any track record (and even then sometimes those people are right). I would definitely take what he says with some serious weight to it.

My guess is, Prime Trilogy was meant to release as a hype primer for Prime 4, but given the status of development Nintendo decided to hold off on the announcement and release, so as to use it after the delay announcement as a sort of consolation to fans. And if someone asks, “why didn’t they just announce it in the video” (because I know somebody is going to ask that) the likely answer to that is the fact it would be overshadowed by the disappointment, and forever linked as being a disappointing consolation rather than an actual hyped release. My guess is they announce it later in a Direct, but not too much later. I could definitely see them, in the next Direct, showing off the game, then someone getting in front of the camera and saying something to the effect of, “we know fans are disappointed in the delay, so we are bringing the trilogy to the Nintendo Switch for the fans to play while development continues on MP4”

Any word on Unruly Heroes? Nobody’s played it?

Btw, physical release for Child of Light/Valiant Hearts double pack exclusive to BestBuy in US. Chocobo’s Dungeon English Asian physical release up on Play-Asia. Ace Attorney English language JP release up on Play-Asia. And Final Fantasy X/X-2 complete physical English Asian release up on Play-Asia.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic