Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,461 to 35,480 of 69,980

gcunit

Ralizah wrote:

Tales of Vesperia on anyone's radar?

Ssshhhhht! Keep your voice down will you.

One mention of Vesperia and it's only a matter of time before JaxonH comes bowling in to eulogize endlessly about how according to his brother and his Nan and his neighbour's dog Wilson it's basically the best game ever invented, better than sex yada yada...

I eat that stuff up the first five or six times, but by my last count he's bigged up Vesperia 62 times. There's only so much I can take...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@gcunit The online video game community (and internet culture more broadly) are so consistently mired in cynicism and negativity that I honestly enjoy his gushing, joyful posts. His enthusiasm is so infectious he's almost tempted me into buying stuff that I couldn't care less about.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

Speaking of Tales of Vesperia, anyone know how long it is? I still haven't gotten to even play Ys VIII or SHining Resonance and another JRPG I'm interested is coming out...

link3710

HobbitGamer

Hey @JaxonH is Tales if Vesperia any good? Asking for a friend...

@gcunit

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
I own the game, and have owned it for 3 years, but never played it because they never added it to the BC list on X1 (it was 360 exclusive in the west).

So I cant speak from personal experience. However. My bro is a very good judge of games. I trust him to the uttermost. Hes a JRPG aficionado. And he tells me the best 5 JRPGs of the 7th gen were The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia. I can attest to the first 4, but Tales I have to take his word on.

But it is widely regarded as the best Tales game in the series, and has been listed on more than one "all time best JRPG" lists I've seen.

@gcunit
You know me too well 😁

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

I still can't believe Nintendo got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as an exclusive. Good job big N.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@scubydo @DarthNocturnal

I seriously doubt that, given Nintendo is publishing the game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

AndyD

For SSBU question: Anyone know if this will be like the WiiU version where if someone else played it on the same WiiU under their "ID" it still unlocked everything and kinda ruined the fun, or does EACH person/account on the same switch have their very own file???? For example on the WiiU me and my son each had an account on the same WiiU and when he played Smash it unlocked it for both of us with just having one save file. On the switch we have the same setup so I am hoping that it will allow each of us to have our very own save file and not unlock everything on my end when he plays.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@scubydo
On Switch, every account has their own separate save.

This is leveraged to gain multiple save files for games that typically only offer one save slot (like Zelda or Pokémon). I keep 3 accounts (NA, EU and JP region accounts), which double and triple available saves for games.

AndyD

JaxonH wrote:

@scubydo
On Switch, every account has their own separate save.

This is leveraged to gain multiple save files for games that typically only offer one save slot (like Zelda or Pokémon). I keep 3 accounts (NA, EU and JP region accounts), which double and triple available saves for games.

So did the wiiu with most games except those like ssb for some reason

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Ryu_Niiyama

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Dreams do come true. Please let this have the agents of shield cast and it will be perfect.

Dragon Quest XI S will be at Jump Fiesta. I feel like they are going to be speeding up reveals now.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Crash Racing AND Mortal Kombat 11 coming to Switch also.

Wow. The 3rd party support is really hitting its stride. 2019 is gonna be the golden year of Switch

FragRed

@JaxonH Wait, what!? Mortal Kombat is coming to Switch!? Wow that’s crazy! I naturally assumed it was PS4 & Xbox One only when saw it appear in the Twitter feed.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Showed the Switch logo right in the trailer.

Gonna have to start paying attention to the platform logos at the bottom from now on. It’s no longer an automatic NOT COMING. No there will still be plenty of games that don’t come either because they are too demanding or because of politics or whatever reason. But it seems like a fair a few third party games are starting to get announced for Switch now

FragRed

@JaxonH That is true. So very true. I’m just laying in bed constantly refreshing my Twitter feed, just on the off chance Nintendo does something Metroid related.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

HobbitGamer

Can someone @ me if Metroid is announced? I’m headed to the store

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp. Your move SNK.

I do hope we get an injustice 2 port. But I will perform my FGC duty and get MK 11 on Switch.

Sooo are we getting persona now? Beyond Q? Seems odd given Nintendo got the mainline series and an exclusive. They could have pulled from those characters instead.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Love how disappointed the live chat was after they lathered themselves up for a non-existent Metroid trailer for three hours!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic