Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,661 to 28,680 of 70,035

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Very! Although by now I'm skipping watching them because I'm afraid they'll spoil me (Same thing I'm doing for Octopath)

By the time 25th came by, I should be able to preorder this game and just wait patiently haha

darkfenrir

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano And still no release date lol.

Also surprised they found another way to remix Jungle Japes after Smash 4

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheTetrisGuy

I’m really excited for the Aces demo on Thursday, I was never one for sports games before, but it looks just crazy enough that I would like it.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers There's also an interview video which confirms it's coming in June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ilikeike

@darkfenrir I admire your restraint, I can't ever hold myself back whenever a new Octopath trailer drops! Yeah I've ruined the surprise, but what can I say, I'm hyped haha.
Even if you don't watch this trailer, I'll just say that it certainly piqued my interest in the game even more. I'm still most hyped for Octopath, but I'll definitely want to check this one out sooner rather than later.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

redd214

@Grumblevolcano looks pretty good. Wasn't interested before but I may spring for the season pass now. Thanks for sharing that!

redd214

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Good. Fully expecting it to be an "available right now" thing at E3 then.

Also the blog post that Ubisoft just posted says that there's ~10 hours worth of content in this DLC, which is excellent news.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Not hard to restrain yourself if you get used to not click those videos /s

But I understand the wanting to know everything there is to know!

Glad that you are more interested in it now though, I'm gonna go to the normal mode -> play Octopath -> back to this on Refrain mode, personally

darkfenrir

Trajan

Is iso alcohol ok for cleaning? I did see that one thread on Reddit where the guy thought it destroyed the finish of his joycon, but it looks just like a normal grey one after using it.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Octane

@Trajan Isopropyl alcohol? Why would you want to use that to clean plastics in the first place? Just use water and little soap.

Octane

ilikeike

@darkfenrir Sounds like a good playing plan to me! And I had forgotten about the Refrain mode, I just looked it up again and it seems pretty interesting. I always love games (or any form of entertainment) where you get to see different takes on the main story!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Yup- not to count it'll drag up important characters too! (Although it seems more like it didn't really make sense? Buuuut at least you'll see more of those characters)

I read up a little of one of the villain and she does look interesting character to be known more of

darkfenrir

Trajan

@Octane eliminates greases too. It's just something we've always used.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

RR529

So, you actually get to play AS a dragon? That's really cool.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@Trajan Use regular soap, it's a lot more effective. Whilst alcohol is partly lipophilic, the way it interacts with the grease means it cannot dissolve as much grease as soaps can.

Octane

TheTetrisGuy

@OorWullie Yup, you can download it on Thursday and play against the AI. The online tournaments begin on June 1st.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Haruki_NLI

So my friend who is picking up a Switch in the next handful of months asked if every Capcom game on the system has some sort of "It's a good game...but..." caveat to it. Turns out, YES!

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - $40 port of SF2, put all future support on this game selling well

Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2 - Could have released separately like on the eShop but only at retail as a double pack, forcing a full download of the latter game. Digital only the EU (This will be a trend), but got a physical release on other platforms in the region.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 - Smaller game on cart, download the bigger one. Both come under 8GB total. Again, Digital only in the EU.

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 - See the above.

Okami HD - Digital only everywhere (Despite physical on other platforms) except Japan

Street Fighter 30th Collection - Actually at retail, no download, every region has it. But the pre-order for SF4 is only on other systems and it costs more on Switch.

Resident Evil 7: Cloud Edition - Same game plus all DLC, but you rent and then stream the game. Currently Japan only.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - A year after Japan and 8 months after World to localise. No known EU retail release yet.

Mega Man 11 is gonna have something, mark my words.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic