Forums

Topic: What are your most Anticipated Switch Games for 2018?

Posts 61 to 79 of 79

Ralizah

@iLikeUrAttitude Primrose's demo campaign was way stronger than the one for the other character. It was dark, gross, and tragic: like several sections of Bravely Default. I love JRPGs with just that little bit of edge to their storytelling.

If you get SMT IV, just persist past the first dungeon. It gets SIGNIFICANTLY more approachable after that first part of the game. Wonderful music, incredibly atmospheric, challenging gameplay, an epic scope, etc. There's nothing else that's quite like SMT.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iLikeUrAttitude

@Ralizah Agreed. Dark story tellings are always welcome for me. Olbric's demo, while not bad, it just felt cliche and uninspired. Every time a cutscene came for his story I always had this feeling I heard this before. Though Primrose's demo isn't all original (ex: "I will avenge my father or other important person in my life you killed"), it was just executed better imo.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

kkslider5552000

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

But I also have to ask, why do people always have high expectations when Retro Studios is mentioned? I know they made some great games but they only developed a select few of games.

As a counterpoint to this...still more games than Team Ico. :V

But even ignoring my own feelings for my favorite game, Metroid Prime is literally one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, and brought back one of Nintendo's most fondly remembered franchises while also revamping it in 3D. In a way that people thought would suck at first, as well. And all four other games they made are pretty well regarded too. Tropical Freeze in particular I've noticed has been quietly getting a following of people who swear it is the one of the best platformers ever made. Prime 2's probably my least favorite of their games, but even taking into account that of course I was gonna be disappointed by it after the first game AND it being worse on my first playthrough, it's still one of the best games released that year. So...I think hype might just be warranted.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iLikeUrAttitude

@kkslider5552000 Fair enough but when people put a company on such a Pedestal expectations are always set too high thus ruining experiences. My point being that no company is perfect, and that goes for even Nintendo. But I'm still looking forward to whatever game they're developing.

I forgot Team Ico existed.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

BlueKnight07

@iLikeUrAttitude I see your point. For me, the few games Retro has made are some of my favorites, so basically what @kkslider5552000 said. Also the fact that a something has been in development about 4 years with no clue what it is. It just keeps curiosity going.

BlueKnight07

Octane

Pikmin 4

Make it happen!

Octane

3dg3d3m0n

My switch arrives Xmas day, I'm hyped over Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Wolfenstein. I'm also hyped over the 18 games already out that are on my must have list, I'm going to have a long backlog to work through..

3dg3d3m0n

wasilewski

I can’t keep up with all the new releases coming!! Is there some kind of a list that new titles keep getting added to that I can keep an eye on?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

wasilewski

@iLikeUrAttitude thank you! Looks like I need to start saving again.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

RR529

As far as confirmed releases go, I have my eye on Octopath Traveler, Yoshi, & Kirby, but there's nothing that has me jumping out of my seat in excitement yet.

I can only hope that DQXI and/or that Tales game release next year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KryptoniteKrunch

Im excited for most of the 2018 lineup actually, but number one would be Pokemon. If Pokemon isn't 2018, then Fire Emblem.

Overall would be SMT V. The more I think of it, SMT V has very little chance of coming in 2018. As @Ralizah said, this is like a dream game.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Qwertyninty

@iLikeUrAttitude no it wasn’t but my assumption is it will come this year. I hope at least. Pikmin 3 is probably one of the best games I played in the last 10 years.

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

Octane

@iLikeUrAttitude Pikmin 4 was 'nearly completed' about two years ago. That's three years in 2018. It has to come out at some point.

Octane

JasmineDragon

My most hype games:

Bayonetta 1 and 2: never played either of them, but I've heard so much that I can't wait to try them.

Fire Emblem: I suspect this is going to be huge, much more than just another installment in the series. Even if it is business as usual, I'm down.

SMT V: the ATLUS magic on Switch. 'Nuff said.

Wolfenstein II what can I say, I want to smash some Nazis.

Smash 5: I know, no official word on this yet. But I'm pretty confident it's going to happen.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Beedrill4Smash

My most hyped game of 2018 is Koei Tecmo's Attack on Titan 2 because the first one was super fun and exhilarating. Others announced games -
Kirby Star Allies - Yoshi - Fire Emblem - and Wolfenstein II -

Games I think will happen -
Smash 5 (or 4.5) - Pikmin 4 - Animal Crossing (This would be #1 if it was announced) - and Pokemon (this is more of a hope)

Beedrill4Smash

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.