Forums

Topic: What are your most Anticipated Switch Games for 2018?

Posts 41 to 60 of 79

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep Ahhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for Octopath then! Between March to May 2018! o/

darkfenrir

Krull

None of my most anticipated games have actually been confirmed for 2018: Shin Megami Tensei V, the Switch Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest XI.

That said, I love the look of the Switch Kirby game, and I am delighted we're getting the Mega Man X collection. I suspect I will also get on board with Bayonetta, as I've never played any in the series. Is it worth getting both I and II?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

StephenYap3

Kirby Star Allies
Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Blade Strangers
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Mega Man X Collection
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Going by games I'm getting for my Switch.

Edit: ...added another game.

Edited on by StephenYap3

StephenYap3

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir i know this game is going to be like a neo rebirth of my childhood.. i cant wait to see how the game plays out, but im hoping its rather huge like... each campaign is different the whole game, its not just like each starting area is different and then eventually its the same story line. So im really hoping for like 8 60-80 hour compaigns that are relatively different.

Inertiacreep

Ralizah

I would say that SMT V is my most anticipated game on the Switch... period. I can't think of anything else I'd rather have on it. It's very much a "dream game" for me.

I don't care how long it takes them to make it. It's enough knowing that it's real and on the way eventually.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep Kind of doubt it'll be THAT huge, but then again I don't know about the SaGa series a lot (which I hear that this is inspired from)

but I'm expecting around 10-20 hours campaign each per hero? Which should net around 80+++ hours already (o_o;;;; wew.

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

@Inertiacreep @darkfenrir Nintendo UK removed the Spring 2018 release date and replaced it with 2018 so you may be waiting longer than just a few months.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

@Grumblevolcano Thanks for the info... although now I'm sad :[ guuu. Oh well, I hope it won't be delayed further I guess. They are done with music part after all...

darkfenrir

iLikeUrAttitude

@Ralizah I never played a SMT game but I'm still interested since I love RPGs. Would you recommend the other games. I have a 3ds.
Also you said SMT was your only anticipated game, but have you heard of Octopath Traveler? I would recommend you take a look, ever since I saw the game I knew it was going to be a gem.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir dude, i think i put 10 hours into the demo alone.. I mean.. doing primrose demo and going to get whats his name and then doing everything there is to do and that "secret" dungeon.. How long does all that take? The thing about this game is that i doubt it takes nearly as long designing these levels compared to a modern 3d game, which gives them more resources to attend to things like maybe making each character have a full length unique campaign.

but yea, I didnt know the release frame was changed like that... man... i still believe its going to be early next year.. i still believe!!!

Inertiacreep

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep wew, I haven't touched it much because after a taste of the gameplay, I know enough that I want this full game- and I don't want to end up grumbling over knowing certain stuff already in the main game!

Luckily for me I have tons of other games to attend to that will distract me hard while waiting for this to release

darkfenrir

Inertiacreep

@iLikeUrAttitude somehow I totally missed getting into this game and never heard of shin megami tensei 2 when I had a PS2 back then... But after learning about the series I went and played it on an pcsx2 and just playing a couple hours in the beginning has me SO hyped for SMTV on switch.. I love the whole premise of the game, and I love its difficulty.. I really think this game is going to be a masterpiece. I cant wait until we get a glimpse of gameplay video. If you can get your hands of any of them you should check them out.

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir lol.. dude you need to just play it.. its only the beginning of 2 of the 8 so its hardly going to ruin anything.. its just enough. its the perfect sample... and you could enjoy it now plus play it again sometime before release while you anticipate it

Inertiacreep

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep I know, but I have this annoying tendency to get slightly annoyed when I still remember the storyline, so the fresher it is, the better it is for me XD

(and my whole reason in playing games are really, really biased to story)

I know it's good though! So I'll just wait (im)patiently for now

darkfenrir

iLikeUrAttitude

@Inertiacreep Thank you for your input. I'm probably just going to skip the other games and move straight the SMT5 though when it comes out cause I wanna focus my money on its growing library.
But would I need to play the other games to understand the story?

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

BlueKnight07

For me, Mega Man 11, then Octopath. Retro Studios will easily change my mind if they will just say what they're working on.

BlueKnight07

michellelynn0976

Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem Metroid (maybe), and Wolfenstein 2.

Love each other and enjoy life. Live you life and enjoy it.

Ralizah

@iLikeUrAttitude I would absolutely recommend the 3DS SMT games. Although SMT IV is a bit weirdly balanced, as it's hardest at the beginning of the game. SMT IV: Apocalypse is a direct sequel, but it can be understood on its own, and it's much more well-balanced in terms of pacing and difficulty.

SMT I and II are connected, as are SMT IV and IV: Apocalypse, but even then, as I said, they're perfectly enjoyable as independent experiences. You should be able to jump into almost any SMT game and be perfectly well-equipped to enjoy it.

And no, SMT V shouldn't be connected to any other game in the series, so it'll likely be an ideal jumping on point.

Regarding Octopath, I played the demo version when it first launched and mostly enjoyed it. It's an interesting evolution of the gameplay in the Bravely games. Can't say I'm super hyped for it, but I'll absolutely get it at launch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iLikeUrAttitude

@BlueKnight07 I would be cautious with Capcom cause Capcom.
But I also have to ask, why do people always have high expectations when Retro Studios is mentioned? I know they made some great games but they only developed a select few of games.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

@Ralizah That's promising to hear. I might pick up SMT IV when I get the chance. But knowing myself I'll probably just skip all the way to SMT 5.

Truth be told I haven't played the demo yet cause I can't open my Switch until Christmas but I'll download it as soon as I boot up my Switch cause it looks that good, I watched multiple playthroughs of the game and was immediately sold on it. Primrose interested me the most. The voice acting was surprising well done (except for one of the dancers at the beginning of Primrose's demo) and the gameplay was intriguing. I wouldn't say I'm super hyped about the game, but I have high expectations for it. Same as you: I too will pick it up on launch day.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.