Forums

Topic: What are the Essential characteristics of a Zelda game?

Posts 121 to 131 of 131

rallydefault

@Magitek_Knight
The hard mode to get the secret ending in LA is honestly only difficult through the first dungeon. After that you can start to accumulate hearts and stuff like revives to the point where most of the difficulty drops off.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Magitek_Knight

@rallydefault Huh, I thought you beat normal mode without dying to get the secret ending. Maybe that's only in the original?

@damien33ad I was thinking of getting the Wii version when I get settled in just so I actually own a physical Wii game. All I've got for it now are Startropics and some other NES/SNES games on the VC.

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, have I mentioned it yet today?

Magitek_Knight

I just want to come back after trying BotW and humbly say I take back anything I said about Ocarina being overhyped. BotW is way worse in that regard. Total chore to play.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

Eel

@Magitek_Knight they mean the only difficult part is the beginning. You can get the secret ending in any mode.

And it’s true, the game is only difficult when you have 3 hearts, even in hero mode, once you’re over the hurdle that it’s the first dungeon, it’s smooth sailing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

porto

You need a good story, interesting character and lots of puzzles. But most importantly, Every game has to dramatically increase zelda’s sexy physique

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Apportal wrote:

But most importantly, Every game has to dramatically increase zelda’s sexy physique

I think you're confusing it for Soul Calibur.

Or possibly One Piece.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

@Apportal erm...including when she’s a child?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

porto

Yes

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Magitek_Knight

@damien33ad I'm trying to decide between it and Wind Waker. I had the opportunity to play both on release (and even owned a GC copy of TP at one point) but never played either.

Magitek_Knight

@damien33ad I feel like the appropriate response would be CD-i Zelda saying "You've got to be kidding."

Magitek_Knight

So after a couple of months of stops and starts I finished BotW. I've got mixed feelings on it. There was some fun stuff, some thrilling stuff, a large amount that got on my nerves (and it took around 20 hours of gameplay for me to really have any fun). The map could have been 1/4 of the size and still been too big compared to the amount of unique content (i.e. not much). Shrines are fun at first, but get old fast. Way too much equipment, healing system requires crafting and I hate crafting, the system itself is basically trial and error. The number of undocumented features or those you have to go out of your way to learn about is discouraging and annoying.

The dungeons, how few of them there are were good and the boss fights were fun if never really feeling dangerous. I died dozens of times due to regular enemies and the environment but only lost a life againt the Naboris boss which was the first I fought.

Ultimately a lot of it felt laborious and inconvenient. I hated having to walk/climb so much, and was running out of arrows and healing constantly with few pickups for either. The former is especially annoying due to how many puzzles require arrows.

Weapons system seems to be a straight up lift from Silent Hill Origins. Why a developer would borrow anything from that game is beyond me.

Music was mostly a cat on a piano or dull piano jazz but the final areas had some great stuff (mostly remixed from earlier Zeldas).

Still, I'm not sorry I played it and there's a decent short Zelda game in there if you could only trim away the endless wandering.

I'm starting Twilight Princess next. I'm looking forward to something a little more straightforward.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic