Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt − Complete Edition

Posts 461 to 480 of 499

Dezzy

MERG wrote:

@Dezzy @Spoony_Tech Where do you find people to play?

It's only a small minority of characters who play. It will be one of the dialogue options when you talk to them with the little cards icon next to it.

Shop owners and bar owners are the most likely people. More likely in the bigger towns too. So there are quite a few around Novigrad, a couple in Oxenfurt, several in Kaer Trolde. A couple back at the Palace at Vizima (most people forget you can return to there throughtout the game).

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MERG

@Dezzy Thanks!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Octane

I remember hoarding all the Gwent cards I could find. There's even a neat Easter Egg card hidden in the Hearts of Stone part of Velen.

Octane

Mii_duck

I really can't be bothered with Gwent, not when my play time is limited and there is soooo much to do in game. (Though I can understand why others may enjoy it, I'm happy the game has it as an option.)

Maybe I'd be more interested if you could challenge people to a game of pool in the bars...

Anyway, out of interest, what armour are people going for? I'm sticking to light, but at level 17 all the available kit is quite unexciting visually, makes Geralt look like he is carrying a beer belly in a cloth sack.

I maybe need to hunt for the Cat School set.

Edited on by Mii_duck

Mii_duck

JaxonH

Whatever armor I can find. I got the Griffin armor set, which is medium (I think?). And a sword to match.

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

Same here on the Griffin. I've still yet to look for any upgrades as I have the papers for where 2 more are.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BruceCM

I mostly went for light, @Mii_duck .... Until unlocking the master armourer, for 'medium' weight stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

MERG

How on earth do you equip and use the crossbow?

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Took me a bit to figure that out as well. You do the same thing you do with switching the spells. If you look at the option when you bring it up the crossbow is the bottom one. Then press the right shoulder button to use it. You can also equip it in the menu I believe as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Mii_duck

Took me a little while to figure out the crossbow too, but not as long as it took me to work out how to assign potions and food to the right buttons.

Must admit, I very rarely use potions, bombs (apart from on monster nests) or the crossbow.

Found all the Cat School gear last night. Nice easy going quest after finishing Cardinal Sins. That quest was a bit... rough to get through. Happily I got the right ending, I believe.

Without giving a spoiler, when you think you are near the end of the quest, don't be afraid to ask questions rather than getting your sword wet straight away. (Not a euphemism.)

Mii_duck

Spoony_Tech

Any point in collection loot for Ciri's story? Doesnt seem to be at least yet?

MERG said:

MERG

Any tips for the golem in the Wandering in the Dark quest? I can't seem to take it down.

Ralizah

@MERG
This is the one in the quest with Keira Metz in the dungeon, right?

Have the Quen sign activated whenever possible.
I think Igni probably helps. But maintaining Quen is more important.
If you have it, Active Shield is always a boon.
Make sure you're using the right sword, and go in to attack after Keira zaps it. Don't play aggressively, and make sure to roll or dodge out of the Golem's way after getting a hit or two in.
Using a potion that increases your strength can also help.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

MERG

@Ralizah Thanks! I think I have been trying to play too aggressively.

JaxonH

Got back into playing this Thanksgiving. Progressing through Novigrad. Should be rescuing Dandelion from the dungeon but am taking a detour for a few sidequests first. Been plowing through main story for quite a bit and I think it’s time to do some Witcher gear quests and the like.

But I also started playing Assassin’s Creed III again and I’m really starting to get into it. So I’m kind of bouncing back-and-forth between them (and ACIV and AC Rogue this Friday certainly won’t help).

Playing with the Arctis 3 with Bluetooth headset is fantastic, especially on Switch Lite. The sound is so good in this game, and the music.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Dredlor

Couple days ago I conquered the main game and hearts of stone. Love this game so much Not ready to put the game to bed yet so taking my sweet time with blood and wine. Easily in my top favorite games of all time .

Dredlor

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I just got AC3 for $15 at BB. Also I'm not much further then you but I haven't touched the main story in about 2 weeks now. So much side questing to do and I'm still not ready to move on just yet. I to want some better gear so I've started looking for all of it.

MERG said:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Nice score. Would have been $12 with GCU, but I already owned it. When I see games that cheap it just makes me want to buy them a second time just to feel like I got a good deal 😂

Seems our playthrough are aligning quite a bit lately. Witcher 3 is such a huge game, I think it’s best played in segments. Take a week off, enjoy something else, explore some other title... then come back and play some more. I guess you could say, “pacing yourself”.

ACIII is a really solid game too btw. Especially with the latest update (framerate is a lot better, bugs and audio addressed- it always played well in handheld mode, but now docked plays well also). I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying it. I tried the game on Wii U. Tried ACIV on Wii U. Tried several other entries- in fact I don’t think there’s a game in the series I haven’t played, just, some more than others. This is the first time I’m really getting into it and I’m finding this particular entry to be exceptionally well done. But that’s a conversation for another day. I’m sure you can find me in the AC thread if you ever start playing (and I’ll be spending quite a bit of time in there, what with Rebel Collection dropping Friday).

I want to do all the side quests in The Witcher 3, but I just get so antsy wanting to see the story through. As for Gear, I opted for the Griffin set, and have upgraded 3 of them. Level 16, I believe. What year are you using or striving for?

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Mii_duck

I went for Cat School, initially for lightness but decided to stick with it even when I upgraded my saddlebags.
There was a nice touch when a character commented on my armour not matching my school.

@JaxonH - interesting, but I'm the opposite. I'm really trying to finish one game before starting another. Skyrim, Saint's Row, FF 7 & 9 etc. When I finish the Witcher DQ11 awaits.

Are you doing all the Velen and Novigrad side quests before moving on? I did but wish I'd gone to Skellige earlier as some side quests there were now well below my level and only rewarded 2xp.

Mii_duck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic