Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt − Complete Edition

Posts 241 to 260 of 467

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No it's not as deep, but it has similar anticipation mechanics with the windup animations. Which, alot of people seem to struggle with, but once you learn how to approach such combat mechanics it's actually a very satisfying system.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Well, yeah, @Octane .... Although I'm aware of a distinctly bad ending, from talking to someone who played PS4 version on release So, there's more variety in actual ending than in BotW! I'm sure someone here will find out more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Yea, I'll definitely get it soonish.

Getting a new roof on my house, though, so money's a little tight. I think I'm gonna limit myself to Luigi's Mansion and Pokémon for the next few months. Close to finishing my Link's Awakening hero run, and I still need to finish my other Fire Emblem playthroughs.

Then Witcher. For sure. lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Octane

@BruceCM Oh yeah, definitely, but it was just an example. Couldn't think of any other game where optional content affects the ending just like in TW3. I'm certain there are plenty of RPGs that do that, but I don't play those a lot.

Octane

BruceCM

Yeah, I haven't played any games that really had different endings, @Octane .... Particularly where all of them are 'true' endings Do you plan to do things differently in this play-through, to see what difference it makes?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

@BruceCM I'm not playing it at the moment. Still finishing up Link's Awakening and Control. And with Death Stranding coming out soon, followed by Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion and whatnot, I don't have the time for it unfortunately.

Octane

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @Octane .... You might want to avoid this thread, then?
Meanwhile, just got to Skellige myself

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Very cool. I wonder how many scene variations there are later on depending on what actions you took earlier in the game? Wasn't expecting this level of detail in the writing.

A LOT, is the answer.

At one point in the story, a particular character is executed and they say they will be left to be fed to the birds (or something like that).

You can literally find that character later on, at the other side of the map, tied to a tree and being pecked at by birds. Completely unprompted by anything. You're not directed to it by the story. You can just stumble across it when exploring (and therefore most people will never come across it). The attention to narrative detail is insane.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@BruceCM Already played it on PS4 a few years ago!

Octane

Mii_duck

20+ hours in now, level 8, exploring Velen and building up to the ladies of the bog.

I think I'm over the initial RPG Anxiety now - you know, that feeling where you don't understand the menus, everything in the world is a threat, you worry you aren't getting the right equipment or crafting enough, other players are finding all the powerful kit etc etc.

Or is that just me? I've finished FF7 & 9, Skyrim (twice, 390 hours or somesuch), Saint's Row 3 (80 hours played, looking forward to having another play through), the DQs and Bravelys on 3DS and it's always the same at the start.

I've held off FF 10, partly because of backlog but mainly because reading the FF thread on this site give me serious RPG Anxiety!

Loving the Witcher. It's not perfect but I've totally bought into the world.

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

One small thing I miss though (and I guess this is a strangely personal thing) is having a base.

Link had his little house in BotW, in Skyrim I really loved buying a house in each city and improving it - plus the mansions you could build. It's a bit sad but I always fast travelled to them when I was saving my game for the night.

Obviously it wouldn't fit in with Geralt's life to have a base like that and I know the expansion pack adds one, but yeah, it's a little wrinkle I miss.

Mii_duck

JaxonH

Almost level 6, I’m right at the cusp. Just got a awesome new blueprint for a nice new silver Viper sword that does like +35 damage over my current kit. I decided I rushed the game too fast and had no business tackling Velen when I hadn’t even explored White Orchard beyond like 2 power stones. So I went back and I’m taking my time just exploring the world, racking up cool gear, leveling up a bit and finding secrets.

Will head to Velen when I’m ready. What’s the rush.

@Mii_duck
Final Fantasy X was my first true JRPG. And I’d say it’s pretty stress free early on given the linearity of the game. You don’t have to worry about missing a bunch of stuff like you do in an open world game. There’s definitely hidden secrets but they’re always a hop skip and jump from the beaten path.

That’s not a knock against it because the game is truly amazing.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

SHULZ021

Very fun exploring underwater caves finding awesome looking gear.

SHULZ021

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-0866-9587

BruceCM

Finished off the secondary quests started elsewhere, been to feast.... Done both Story & extra quest with Yenn, then Possession & now Ice Giant hunting

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

30 hours in or so and just finally got around to starting the main story missions in Novigrad. I'll probably push the main story a bit more before doing more contracts.

Ralizah

BruceCM

Since there's a LOT of story in Novigrad, @Ralizah .... Going back to Crach for them to choose a ruler here

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

@Mii_duck I think there's a few places you can call ''home'' in the main game as well. Not customisable, but they kinda feel like home.

Octane

PlusUltra

@JaxonH I checked out all points of interest and power stones but skipped on some bandit hunting since I don't like killing bandits since nilfgard or whoever are bad news, but I'm only level four. Storywise I'm in velen. Why is your level so high and mines isnt. Is it because I'm avoided bandit quests and didn't have material to finish blowing up 2 ghoul nests?

Took a while but I finally crafted viper silver sword. Maybe I'll Gwent my way into money and materials for steel sword. Found monlight sword which is cool but its a silver sword which is nice but I was hoping it was steel. Everything is pricey but no one one pays good money for anything.lol.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Dezzy

Mii_duck wrote:

One small thing I miss though (and I guess this is a strangely personal thing) is having a base.

Link had his little house in BotW, in Skyrim I really loved buying a house in each city and improving it - plus the mansions you could build. It's a bit sad but I always fast travelled to them when I was saving my game for the night.

Obviously it wouldn't fit in with Geralt's life to have a base like that and I know the expansion pack adds one, but yeah, it's a little wrinkle I miss.

I like this idea but most games never really work it into the gameplay very well. It's usually just a pointless novelty.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic