Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,641 to 8,660 of 15,210

Octane

@Haru17 Was hoping on some insider info here.. too bad.

In the meantime, I have 7 weeks left to figure out how I'm going to play Horizon and Zelda at the same time.

Octane

whodatninja

I kinda wish i hadn't watched the latest trailer. Lots of spoilers!!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Nicolai

@whodatninja I guess it depends on what you consider a spoiler. From the trailer, I wouldn't be able to tell you how the plot pieces together, unless I just guessed based on past conventions. Here's what I might be able to come up with

• Zelda is sad about something. Possibly about something she did.
  • Calamity Ganon's been around for a while.
  • You've got to defend Zelda (big surprize)
  • You shake hands with a shark man.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Justlink

Meowpheel wrote:

I'm half convinced that all the bits with Zelda are actually flashbacks from "100 years ago".

I was thinking the same because of how theres the line that says "Its time to tell you what happened a hundred years ago" and then they start showing Zelda.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

SomeBitTripFan

Potential Story Spoiler:

Looking at the trailer, in case anyone missed it, I'm now sure that the Master Sword's pedestal is directly in front of the Great Deku Tree.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

I'm half convinced that all the bits with Zelda are actually flashbacks from "100 years ago".

Yeah, that is a very disappointing possibility. I do have hope that Zelda was in her goddess getup back in the day, and the scenes with her wearing her sort-of hero's tunic, standing in forests with Link and looking depressed are in the present. We really need Zelda to take an active role in this game if there isn't going to be a companion character like Midna. Otherwise her character will come off lame.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

What, no activity in a whole hour?

It just occurred to me that we've never seen the coast until this trailer. Check out that vast ocean! It just begs the question: how far can we go out before the old man mysteriously tells us to turn around telepathically?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shadow-wolf

Hi guys, I was hoping you could help me with this. I heard back when Twilight Princess came out that the GameCube version was limited in stock and quickly became hard to find. Do you guys happen to know if something similar will happen to the Wii U version? I'm planning on playing the game on Wii U in July or August (career stuff doesn't give me much time before then), so would it be okay to buy the game in July or August, or do you guys think by then Wii U versions could potentially be hard to find (and so I should pre-order and get the game now)? Thanks for your help!

shadow-wolf

Haru17

@Nicolai I'm legit feeling scared that this game is so close to release. It's weird, so much hatred for the Switch on the internet.

And they show an ocean shot at the start of the E3 trailer. It has a house issuing a smoketrail into the air that some redditors have matched with the windmill town's uppermost building.

I hope to god we can go diving and that the ocean has some ruins beneath it.

It'd be really cool if some frozen lakes had sheets of ice that would break if we walked over them too fast or hit them with a fire / bomb arrow or a jump attack.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

This game looks positively kinetic. "Here it comes!"

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Haru17

Fat Chus. Twilight Princess hype.

And I'm pretty sure the glowing blue underside of guardians is a weak spot.

OorWullie

I would highly recommend everyone to watch the trailer through the Eshop.I've watched it several times now on my phone at 1080/6fps but the Eshop video looks so much better than Youtube

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

whodatninja

Nicolai wrote:

@whodatninja I guess it depends on what you consider a spoiler. From the trailer, I wouldn't be able to tell you how the plot pieces together, unless I just guessed based on past conventions. Here's what I might be able to come up with

• Zelda is sad about something. Possibly about something she did.
  • Calamity Ganon's been around for a while.
  • You've got to defend Zelda (big surprize)
  • You shake hands with a shark man.

LOL! The shark man is the key to all of this!

The Zelda bit is what i referred to yeah. It better be something that happens in the first hours of the game!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Haru17

OH MY GGGOOOOOOOOODDDD!!! I love him.

Untitled

Octane

@Haru17 Love the new Goron and Zora (and yes Zora, that's bird people and Zora!).

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

Is Link wakeboarding behind a giant boar, in the desert, while shooting sand-crocodile Molgera!?

Octane

-Green-

I think it's a sand Walrus.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Didn't you guys read my 70-line-long trailer recap? /s

Arctic. Desert.

Other shots had desert seals, and that is a whale monster if I ever saw one. Since the sand is soft enough for the gerudo walrus mount to swim through it, I think it's safe to assume that horse hooves will sink into the desert sand.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic