Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 15,210

ClockworkMario

Haru17 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@Haru17: I gotta agree with @SpookyMeths, they both look completely different except for the cell-shadedness to me. Wind Waker doesn't look like watercolour to me at all, and neither does Zelda U that much. It's really only Skyward Sword that looks like watercolour paintings to me.

Lol, nope. Skyward Sword looks more like chalk than anything.

Inspired by impressionistic painters such as Paul Cezanne
Untitled
and Claude Monet
Untitled
so I'd say watercolours are closer to truth.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Dezzy

Ah yes, this was the era when professional art became indistinguishable from something you could've done yourself in a few hours.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Kinan: Fi's constant handholding is another big problem.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ClockworkMario

@Dezzy: I wish! As Art Academy has repeatedly shown me, it's usually goes something more like this:
Untitled

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Dezzy

ClockworkMario wrote:

@Dezzy: I wish! As Art Academy has repeatedly shown me, it's usually goes something more like this:
Untitled

Luckily, if you have the right name, you could probably get that in the Tate Modern.

Nicolai

I posted this on another thread, but I thought it might be more relevant here, so I deleted it there:

Does anyone else feel like there is something really off about the whole Twilight Princess situation? It's been mentioned how it should be released within the month, yet no word from Nintendo, or rating, or anything that usually happens a month before a game releases. It doesn't even really make sense for them to make one; most fans either feel like it's too soon, or are complaining about remake over-saturation, or want it on NX, or won't get it because they can already play it on the Wii U. If that wasn't enough, Twilight Princess HD would be releasing in the same season as Tri Force Heroes, a matter that Nintendo is usually really careful about, as is any company.

The evidence certainly suggests that the remake is coming, but the surrounding circumstances are just way too strange.

Maybe the eShop was hacked, or maybe they just put up Twi Pri HD on there as a test to see if they could get the NX running exclusive titles on the eShop. Or maybe it's just not coming for a while. I dunno, I'll just not convinced yet.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

GamecubeMan

@Nicolai: I cant help but feel the same way. I have never fully beaten Twilight Princess so it would be kind of cool however, this remake seems so random. Also, I would much rather Nintendo focus their efforts into Zelda U. That being said, if there is a remake, I would imagine that the graphics would look similar to the Zelda demo shown off when the Wii U was first revealed.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Nicolai:
Well there's no evidence that it's coming within the month. That's just people wildly speculating.

@GamecubeMan:
No way is it gonna look THAT good. They've obviously chosen this because they needed something they could make with a small budget to plug the gap in the calendar. A safer expectation is just redone textures, slightly smoothed out geometry and a few lighting effects added.
That trailer was, if it was running on the Wii U, one of the best looking things on the system. I'll confidently predict that this will be just a moderate update. Much more like the Windwaker update than the Ocarina and Majora's updates.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Kinan: Navi was nowhere near as terrible as Fi. For example, every time you obtained an item in the game, the game explains you how to use the item, there's always a puzzle involved that forces you to use the item. It's brilliant video game design, as it ensures that the player knows how to use the item. However Fi appears, after the game already explained how to use the item, and tells the exact same thing again. Every single time, whenever something is explained, Fi repeats the same thing. Add the meaningless percentages to it all and you have a character that contributes nothing to the game, but only halts your progression. I understand that first time players don't understand everything right away, but they're not stupid. Other Zelda games didn't need this much handholding either. On top of that, Skyward Sword is easily one of the most linear Zelda games, it's not that difficult to figure out what to do and where to go next, even if there's no context given. If they felt that it was necessary to aid younger or first time players, they should've made it optional.

Octane

Nicolai

@Dezzy: People have been taking about how, since it appeared on the Update Servers, it has to be coming really soon. I guess I'm no expert on that.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shaneoh

Nicolai wrote:

@Dezzy: People have been taking about how, since it appeared on the Update Servers, it has to be coming really soon. I guess I'm no expert on that.

It's not coming this month, but it is feasible that it could come out this year. Whether it will though is another matter

Octane wrote:

@Kinan: Navi was nowhere near as terrible as Fi. For example, every time you obtained an item in the game, the game explains you how to use the item, there's always a puzzle involved that forces you to use the item. It's brilliant video game design, as it ensures that the player knows how to use the item. However Fi appears, after the game already explained how to use the item, and tells the exact same thing again. Every single time, whenever something is explained, Fi repeats the same thing. Add the meaningless percentages to it all and you have a character that contributes nothing to the game, but only halts your progression. I understand that first time players don't understand everything right away, but they're not stupid. Other Zelda games didn't need this much handholding either. On top of that, Skyward Sword is easily one of the most linear Zelda games, it's not that difficult to figure out what to do and where to go next, even if there's no context given. If they felt that it was necessary to aid younger or first time players, they should've made it optional.

Yeah Fi bugged me:
NPC: try going over there
Fi: Master the probability that we will need to go over there is 100%

Seriously she was like an echo

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Nicolai

Octane wrote:

If they felt that it was necessary to aid younger or first time players, they should've made it optional.

I can see it now. Imagine pulling up the options menu in Zelda U:

Options
BGM - 10
Sound Effects - 10
HUD - Medium
Handholding - Medium
Motion sensitivity - 5

Lol, that would be cute, wouldn't it?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Haru17

ClockworkMario wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Lol, nope. Skyward Sword looks more like chalk than anything.

Inspired by impressionistic painters such as Paul Cezanne and Claude Monet so I'd say watercolours are closer to truth.

Yeah; it fell quite short of those particular marks. The biggest problem with the game's look is the resolution (as well as some just gaudy, ugly character designs here and there). It would look much better at 720p without such a weird blurring draw distance effect on it.

Not that it's worth remaking in the first place.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

So, and this is off topic to our off-topic, do you guys want to see fairy companions return in Zelda U?

I think they'd be pretty great on new gen. The visual detail of the fairy floating around your Z-Targeted opponent was always cool and now they could do crazy-cool stuff with dynamic lighting.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

So, and this is off topic to our off-topic, do you guys want to see fairy companions return in Zelda U?

I think they'd be pretty great on new gen. The visual detail of the fairy floating around your Z-Targeted opponent was always cool and now they could do crazy-cool stuff with dynamic lighting.

Navi's long lost sister, Guidi, enters Hyrule to be Link's new fairy companion!

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

@Haru17: Outstanding job, Haru, you just made Skyward Sword cry! Untitled
But seriously, I think Skyward Sword looks great, but that's just my opinion. On your point about whether fairy companions should return, a nice blue-light fairy would be great for the visuals, but I wouldn't say no to another Midna-like character. You know, someone who's design is a little more complex than a desktop cursor.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

On your point about whether fairy companions should return, a nice blue-light fairy would be great for the visuals, but I wouldn't say no to another Midna-like character. You know, someone who's design is a little more complex than a desktop cursor.

I would love another character like Midna (read: a developed character with facial animation). However, I don't expect 2015 Nintendo are willing to put in the work to create such a thing. So, failing that, I'd prefer a fairy companion to an instruction manual like Fi (who simultaneously looked uglier and more plastic than not one, not two, but three separate 2D animated N64 sprites).

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Oh, and Skyward Sword's various Mary Sues and 1-dimensional sprites can cry all they want. Me gusta and so on!

-Green-

I personally thought Fi looked nice; I really enjoyed her overall appearance.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic