Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 15,210

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

(which has 10 year old WoW combat, while we're on that subject, but I'll forgive it because it's a super cool game).

Xenoblade Chronicles X — December 4th, 2015

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

(which has 10 year old WoW combat, while we're on that subject, but I'll forgive it because it's a super cool game).

Truth. But it's not really a problem. There are worse crimes than being derivative. Not being fun is one of them. WoW and many of its imitators are fun.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Truth. But it's not really a problem. There are worse crimes than being derivative. Not being fun is one of them. WoW and many of its imitators are fun.

Yeah, I think any fun derived from WoW or Xenoblade is from the world, exploration, RPG progression, or story elements; not the combat.

martinskrtel37

they put the timeline out only because Zelda got so big that fans speculated it enough for them to put an official version out. to Nintendo they are just games and always have been. this isn't some star wars-esque extended galaxy it just started as your classic fantasy fairytale. it's you the fans who put so much story and realism and desire for Hollywood influences into what is just a wholesome puzzle/adventure classic.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Eel

That was random.

I don't think anyone has even mentioned the time line in a good while.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Yeah, I think any fun derived from WoW or Xenoblade is from the world, exploration, RPG progression, or story elements; not the combat.

Nah, it's fun. It just tickles a different bone than action games. Phoenix Wright "combat" is fun too, as is Starcraft.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Wait, Phoenix Wright has combat!? Lol, wut? Never got around to playing those games.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Wait, Phoenix Wright has combat!? Lol, wut? Never got around to playing those games.

Combat is probably in quotes for a reason and refers to the debates/arguments and how you counter them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Hendesu

I hope Zelda U would be one of those games in the franchise that has after game content and a secret boss.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Combat is probably in quotes for a reason and refers to the debates/arguments and how you counter them.

Yeah, I was referring to the court battles. It's not physical combat, but the legal system uses 'v.' for a reason.

Really fun puzzle games bursting with personality and charm. I would recommend them to anyone.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Octane

Morpheel wrote:

Let's not derail the thread, please.

You're about a hundred pages late with that suggestion.

Octane

Eel

Well, I meant that more as "let's not get into that specific topic".

Random Zelda and video game chat is still allowed until we get more Zelda U news.

As long as they don't stray too far away from Zelda... I guess it's OK.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

cookiex

I just realized I have a pre-order for Zelda U I made the day Wii U was announced and that tech demo was shown. That was over four years ago. Time flies.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

cookiex wrote:

I just realized I have a pre-order for Zelda U I made the day Wii U was announced and that tech demo was shown. That was over four years ago. Time flies.

That Zelda Wii U tech demo should be Zelda NX.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

If I remember right, there isn't a spider fight in a cathedral in TP, so it was just a nice looking tech demo from no particular game

TuVictus

cookiex

Operative wrote:

If I remember right, there isn't a spider fight in a cathedral in TP, so it was just a nice looking tech demo from no particular game

Yes there was, the Armogohma fight in the Temple of Time. They only moved the backdrop from the catacombs to the main hall so the scene would be more visually striking.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

It's entirely based on TP. Armogohma's design is ripped straight from the game:

Untitled
Untitled

As well as the item screen that displayed on the Gamepad:

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Nicolai

Tsurii wrote:

Link looked exactly how he did in Twilight Princess in the demo

I still say it looks like Link got a spray tan before his HD début.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic