Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 761 to 780 of 3,397

pnott

The sequel has officially been delayed to Spring 2023. An update video just dropped now confirming the delay.

3DS Friend Code: 1178-4343-1573
Switch Friend Code: 3686-5248-0014

Budda

I hope we are getting more informations about the game at the big (E3) Direct, if there is one hopefully. The small clip we just got indicates that it probably still takes a while till we get new informations for it.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

MarioBrickLayer

Was there a few seconds of previously unseen footage in that video? it looked like it to me.

MarioBrickLayer

Vortexeo

@MarioBrickLayer indeed there was!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

StarPoint

Okay but that Minecraft diamond sword looked absolutely insane! Also got some footage of Link's face and arm. And what was that strange glowy thing??

It's amazing how like 3 seconds of footage will get me right back on the hype train. I will lose my mind when they drop another proper trailer.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FroZtedFlake

Ayo what the heck was up with the master sword? It looked degraded, almost like his hand, worse than the original game even.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlakerZz Seems like perhaps it also got corrupted by Ganon's malice? Probably has some new mechanics similar to Link's arm.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint Ha, good to know I'm not the only one already overanalyzing it already, also that blue glow? Totally looked like Fi.

After analyzing this I'm seeing striking similarities to upgrading the Goddess Sword to the Master Sword through the flames in Skyward Sword. Except in this maybe it's repairing the sword in these weird glowy things?
(Also I'm either seeing a symbol on link's hand in the very first segment of the new footage or some cracks, either way it seems to be the source of his malice hand's glow)

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlakerZz ohh you're right. It's the same flickering blue glow. Perhaps the sword talks to Link?

...I'm diving too deep into these 7 seconds of gameplay

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint You're telling me, I'd actually love for a "guide" to come back to the Zelda series, it was fun having a companion, they just need to tone them down from Navi and Fi if they bring them back.

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Budda

The new footage looks like a sequence similar to the end of a shrine. Maybe that's BotW2's version of it. Maybe a way to "repair" whatever happened to the Master Sword. 🤔

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NintendoByNature

That stinks. Another whole year until we can get our hands on it 😫

NintendoByNature

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlakerZz Yeah, I would love a companion in this game. I think Tatl from Majora's Mask was a pretty perfect companion. She hardly ever got in the way, and only provided subtle hints that never annoyed you.

Perhaps you could have a quieter companion following you, dropping story beats and gameplay hints along your journey.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

@NintendoByNature I'm just glad that they provided a window relating to a specific season. I was expecting this one to release in late November to early December, so I think I can wait a few more months. Still stinks to have to wait for anything, though!

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

chipia

It's so crazy that this will be 6 years in development, despite reusing engine and assets of BOTW. I really wonder what they are doing all this time.

I hope this won't be like Skyward Sword, which was an unspectacular game that was for mysterious reasons 5 years in development.

chipia

NintendoByNature

@StarPoint yea im with ya. And I'm hoping this means we get some sort of zelda remaster this summer to hold us over. That would help pad the blow a bit.

NintendoByNature

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint Tatl was perfect, I also really liked Ezlo actually, he wouldn't talk too much and drop funny opinions in dungeons sometimes, I could see them reimplementing "the talking sword" instead of Zelda's vice though, maybe more often than Zelda talked though.

@NintendoByNature I do think this re-opens the chance of us getting a Zelda remaster this year quite a bit, I'm hoping for Oot and MM 3D, or Twilight Princess HD, I'd take Windwaker HD too though.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

NintendoByNature

@FroZtedFlakerZz I'd take any of them honestly. Well see what happens. Maybe even a 2d remaster would be nice, or a new 2d entry.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@korosanbo yea for sure. I'd guess we'll find out soon if there's something left to give us for this year.

NintendoByNature

FroZtedFlake

@NintendoByNature I'd love oracle rereleases, love link's awakening and I know they're similar but I've never gotten a chance to play those two, but yeah who knows, maybe they'll surprise everyone and drop another brand new 2D game.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic