Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 3,397

Ryu_Niiyama

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Kids, get the Deku tree BEFORE the master sword. Do be like me. ....IF you happen to encounter the master sword before the Deku tree. LEAVE IT. Get the deku tree first. I think you get a better story reveal or cutscene.

I think that only applies if you don’t have the tears. I had all the tears before I got the master sword and knowing how it got there made me bawl like a baby retrieving it. The Deku tree cutscene is good for a info dump if you didn’t watch the tears but I don’t think having the whole thing revealed with no context is better. The deku tree scene after the tears lets you know where the idea to repair the sword came from but none of the rest of the decisions that the tears cleanly lay out. The only benefit to deku tree first is it lowers the altitude of the master sword location. So personally I would say, tears, then deku tree, then sword.
(Granted i did the tree last because I kept getting booted out of the woods. )

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MarioBrickLayer

Has anyone collected any Lynel guts? I need 6 to do the last upgrades on the fierce deity armor, I have beaten more than a dozen lynels (include the 5 in the coliseum) and I haven't got one yet.

MarioBrickLayer

Buizel

Pretty much the first major thing I did in this game (outside of completing shrines and getting the towers) was see all the memories and collect the Master Sword. I didn't even know the Deku Tree was in the game until it was mentioned in this thread...

I think I had the Master Sword before even jumping into the depths.

Crazy how people's experiences of this game can be so different.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Nidorom

A little stuck with something, contains a minor puzzle spoiler.

Not sure what to do with this korok puzzle, couldn't find anything online about it, I'm probably being dumb, can someone help? This is a picture of it: https://imgur.com/a/l0XOcRz

Nidorom

Twitter:

blindsquirrel

@Nintendancies I’m pretty sure you need to jump and paraglide to the platform, without touching the ground.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

JaxonH

@MarioBrickLayer
I don't know if this is true, but I suspect enemy drops depend on weapon type. I couldn't get ice lizalfos tails using a blunt weapon. Only horns. But as soon as I switched to a cutting weapon... got my tail. And I thought hmm, blunt breaks horn, sword cuts tail, maybe that's it? And maybe it's not a guarantee but it affects drop rates to simply be more likely. Idk.

Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

@Owl1
I'll try that. I was searching for the horn itself but maybe the enemy would be a better choice.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@Nintendancies I'd never seen a korok challenge like that before either, but you just land on it. I did it with Tulin's wind, but I didn't analyze things enough to know if Tulin was needed.

Onto Ryu_Niiyama:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Kids, get the Deku tree BEFORE the master sword. Do be like me. ....IF you happen to encounter the master sword before the Deku tree. LEAVE IT. Get the deku tree first. I think you get a better story reveal or cutscene.

I think that only applies if you don’t have the tears. I had all the tears before I got the master sword and knowing how it got there made me bawl like a baby retrieving it. The Deku tree cutscene is good for a info dump if you didn’t watch the tears but I don’t think having the whole thing revealed with no context is better. The deku tree scene after the tears lets you know where the idea to repair the sword came from but none of the rest of the decisions that the tears cleanly lay out. The only benefit to deku tree first is it lowers the altitude of the master sword location. So personally I would say, tears, then deku tree, then sword.
(Granted i did the tree last because I kept getting booted out of the woods. )

I can agree with that.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@MarioBrickLayer I think I saw an Austin John video showing base level lynels don't drop guts. I've only killed a couple base level lynels, and got no guts. I think you need to kill harder lynels for guts. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

(@JaxonH I redacted my comment on getting tails from lizalfos. I thought I had a knew something doesn't work, but realized I don't really know. 😆 My original statement was that I don't think I get tails if I kill ice lizalfos with elemental fire, but the more I thought, the less sure I was on that statement.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

AstroTheGamosian

@blindsquarel Same here. In fact, there appears to be one Lightroot that does not appear to match with a Shrine on the Surface. My Purah Pad Sensor is not pinging when I go near where the Shrine is supposed to be. So I'll probably have to Google it to see if a Shrine is actually there.

AstroTheGamosian

Breeze23

Already 100 hours into the game and I just took down my first gleeok haha (the thunder one in the colosseum.

Spoilers for post-secret of ring ruins:
Just finished building Mineru’s construct. It’s pretty cool but it is so dang slow.

Breeze23

Switch Friend Code: SW-7175-0226-8713

blindsquirrel

@AstroTheGamosian
I think I know which one you’re talking about. It’s just a warp to the construct factory beneath the great plateau, not a light root. That one had me confused for awhile.

Matt_Barber

There are some shrines that won't appear on the sensor until you've done the associated quest. I've been caught out by that a few times when searching based purely on the location of the Lightroot.

Matt_Barber

MarioVillager92

Well, I found something to be critical about in this game. Tulin's power is great for gliding through areas, but I HATE activating it by accident when I'm trying to pick up items. I just had an instance where I tried picking stuff up after mining, but one thing was blown off the cliff. It's really frustrating, honestly. I know you can turn it off manually, I do that a lot of the time, but I was kind of in the middle of gliding and I happened to see a mining spot.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

blindsquirrel

@MarioLover92
Yeah that can get pretty annoying. But it’s Tulin, so I’ll excuse it.

MarioVillager92

@blindsquarel To be fair, it's only happened to me a few times, so it could have been worse. Still annoys the heck out of me, though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

blindsquirrel

The lightning temple was really good. No problems I can think of. Every puzzle had me thinking for awhile and the atmosphere was great. And the boss was hard, hectic, and one of the best fights in the series.

10/10

AstroTheGamosian

@blindsquarel Actually, I think it was in the eastern part of Hyrule, maybe the Necluda region. I'm not entirely sure, though. Still, I'm working through them one by one. The big question now is if I already got all the heart containers that are not available by completing Shrines (i.e., dungeon bosses). I've heard that you can also get some from completing side quests (according to GameRevolution, at least).

AstroTheGamosian

MarioBrickLayer

@JaxonH @WoomyNNYes so I have battled a few more Lynels and suddenly I have 4 guts. I think I got one from blue, but not 100% sure. I'm really not sure what impact weapons have. I still need two more to finish upgrading the set!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic