Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 3,397

blindsquirrel

FawfulsFury wrote:

How did everyone do on the floating coliseum it took me like 25 trys to beat it

First try, it was nerve racking though. Had to do the final 2 with 1 heart remaining.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

FawfulsFury wrote:

Also I don’t know if this has been said yet but you can kill old bosses for a 38 fuse monster part

Yup, marbled ghoma’s makes a great hammer for mining and Talus control

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tendo64

Xyphon22 wrote:

Oh, you have got to be kidding me! Has that jerk Hestu been at Lookout Landing this entire time? I had given up searching and went ahead and did two more temples, then just randomly saw him on the side of the screen while passing by. I feel like such an idiot. But at least I have lot of room for more swords now finally.

Copped the same thing. All I could do was laugh. I'd done three temples before I'd even made this discovery.
Have found many times in this game that the solutions or answers to various problems can sometimes be the most simplistic.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Matt_Barber

The same goes for the shrine quests in the Korok forest. They just seemed trivially easy compared to the ones in Breath of the Wild, which are some of the most challenging in that game.

Ah well, there are plenty of tough to get to ones elsewhere.

Matt_Barber

NintendoByNature

Fire temple down. Each temple has been better than the last thankfully. So far the best dungeon yet. That boss fight was beautiful and everything i love about zelda bosses. As soon as i saw what kind of boss it was i actually yelled " hell yeah!" With excitement. Last one is the water temple, which I'm hoping doesn't disappoint. Very glad I started with the wind temple since it seemed like a warm up to the great ones.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Eel good stuff. I felt like the wind temple was pretty much nothing since I accidentally found it prior. I was able to short cut it when I actually wanted to go to the temple the 2nd time around. So im sure the water temple will be a full experience.

Edit: ah shoot. I found the water temple earlier this week too 😅. Ah oh well. We'll see what it shakes out.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

GameOtaku

It seems they may have taken inspiration from the 80s Zelda cartoon with the underworld area. In the show it was a vast area with many different environments connected to the surface through caves or hidden passages. So “Hey excuse me Princess!”

GameOtaku

VoidofLight

@GameOtaku The Depths are more similar to the Dark World in Link to the Past or Lorule in Link Between Worlds than that bad cartoon.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

AstroTheGamosian

So I recently discovered something very interesting. So you know how when you save the Great Deku Tree, he gives you the quest to find the Master Sword, and the Light Dragon will descend to an altitude of about Z: 700 until you retrieve it, at which point it will return to its original point high in the sky (higher than most of the sky islands), at least according to online game guides?

Well, I grabbed the Master Sword before I even saved the Great Deku Tree, much less started that quest. But I did recently save the Great Deku Tree and started (and instantly completed) the quest to find the Master Sword. Just yesterday, however, when I was roaming Hyrule (trying to activate all of the Lightroots in the Depths), I came across the Light Dragon flying at the altitude of Z: 700.

Is that normal, or is it a glitch? I could have sworn it would return to its original height after getting the Master Sword. Has anyone else who got the Master Sword before even starting the quest to find it also experienced this?

AstroTheGamosian

AstroTheGamosian

@VoidofLight I can actually kind of see both, to be honest. But yeah, certain parts of the Depths you cannot access from other parts of the Depths (kind of like the Dark World and Lorule), which is a bummer.

But just yesterday, I managed to find all of the Lightroots (I'm pretty sure, as there's no more parts of the Depths map that are missing), so hopefully exploration of the Depths will be much easier going forward; as in, not using up all of my Brightbloom Seeds.

AstroTheGamosian

WoomyNNYes

Kids, get the Deku tree BEFORE the master sword. Do be like me. ....IF you happen to encounter the master sword before the Deku tree. LEAVE IT. Get the deku tree first. I think you get a better story reveal or cutscene.

@AstroTheGamosian I got master sword before unlocking/saving the deku tree too. I'm disappointed I did that. I think doing that skips a cool interaction/story reveal/cutscene when you save the deku tree. (I was on a high island, and I was like, oh s___! I think I can get to that flashy looking dragon. So I did.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

I’m not sure how, but my team of ghostly avatars somehow got aggro’d on a large group of bokoblins while I was peacefully mining with my bokoblin mask on.

So there I was. Minding my own business while a full blown war happened behind me, like “no, I don’t know them”.

On a separate note, I just found out that light-element attacks just obliterate minor stal enemies. So that’s very useful.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tendo64

Not that it really matters, but everything I've read on the topic across various sites suggests I've done the main story in a jumbled order - water temple, wind temple, fire temple, lightning temple.

Not sure why I set off for the water temple first, but I just did.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Henmii

So I have finally done 2 of the dungeons, water and fire temple. Both where great with lovely bosses (the fire temple boss was a bit harder). Water temple had the best puzzles, while the fire temple was very complex in design (with one puzzle really annoying me). Looking forward to the last 2 dungeons.

I was a bit shocked by the prices of the clothes, but luckily there are ways to get lots of rupees very quickly.

I love what they did with the bow and arrows. In botw you are mostly scrambling for arrows, but here you find them pretty quickly, you often find bundles and you can recycle arrows if they hit a wall or a flat surface. Now its actually fun to use the bow and arrows!

Exploring this "old" Hyrule isn't a problem at all, there's enough new stuff and stuff to do to keep it interesting. Besides there's the sky islands and the depths, though I highly prefer the depths so far. As for the story: Not really feeling it yet. Hopefully that changes, the way I play it I haven't experienced much of the story yet.

Henmii

WoomyNNYes

Henmii wrote:

I was a bit shocked by the prices of the clothes, but luckily there are ways to get lots of rupees very quickly.

If you're talking about the stealth suit in kakariko village costing like 5000 or 70000 rupees(or whatever it was), the price comes down if you cook a meal that heals the storekeeper's grandmother. I would never have figured out the meal recipe & what to do if it wasn't for youtube. (Unless I missed something somehow?) I wouldn't blame you if you searched austin john plays to see how to complete that.

The austin john plays video title is.
DISCOUNTED Speed Up Stealth Armor & Radiant Armor Location/Upgrades - Tears of the Kingdom

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic